RIP Robin Williams

Cmdr_Crimson

Really, is that him?

Hrm, color me corrected!

From Wikipedia..
Robin Williams returned to voice the Genie after Disney apologized for the use of his likeness in the promotion of the original Aladdinfilm (Williams believed Disney had broken the terms of his contract). Dan Castelleneta had actually recorded all the dialogue of the Genie for this film, as he did with the previous sequel due to Disney's differences with Williams, but his recording session was not used when Robin Williams agreed to reprise his role.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
From Wikipedia..
Robin Williams returned to voice the Genie after Disney apologized for the use of his likeness in the promotion of the original Aladdinfilm (Williams believed Disney had broken the terms of his contract). Dan Castelleneta had actually recorded all the dialogue of the Genie for this film, as he did with the previous sequel due to Disney's differences with Williams, but his recording session was not used when Robin Williams agreed to reprise his role.
Well now, time to break out the old VHS tapes! :)

AllyInWonderland

RIP Peter Pan
image.jpg

fender-in-trouble-o.gif

He used to always make me laugh when I was little as Fender in Robots. (I was literally obsessed with the movie, and with the scene above. I still laugh at it to this day.) :inlove:

Last edited:

pumpkin7

It's such a shame, he was a massive part of my childhood.
I recently watched FernGully again after loving it as a kid (yes it's bad). I had no idea Robin voiced Batty, but watching it again as an adult, he's instantly recognisable.
Hook is one of my all time favourite films, Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Flubber! He did so many great roles.
I've had Good Morning Vietnam on Netflix to watch for a while and it's been taken off now! Gutted.
And the Genie. I'm 99% he didn't voice the travelator Genie at DisneyQuest. It didn't sound like him.
He was a great actor and comedian. I had no idea he had so many demons. At least he's at peace now. Rest in peace Robin.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One of the many things I will remember about him was what a nightmare he made for the people editing one of his films. He was know for doing multiple takes for many scenes and he would often go off script and do each one differently. The problem was, each one was typically comedy gold and deciding which one to use was near impossible.
I also loved how he could take you from laughing to crying and back to laughing again in the span of about 30 seconds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom