RIP, Protein Spill

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Sad news, indeed. As of a few days ago, the phrase "protein spill" is no longer an official part of the Walt Disney World vernacular. When a Guest re-visits a recent meal, it is now a not-nearly-as-fun-to-say "Code V." :(

:hurl:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Boo! We can always declare to a CM that we've had an unfortunate 'protein spill' should it ever happen to us, though. :lookaroun :lol:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sad news, indeed. As of a few days ago, the phrase "protein spill" is no longer an official part of the Walt Disney World vernacular. When a Guest re-visits a recent meal, it is now a not-nearly-as-fun-to-say "Code V." :(

:hurl:

Ah well. I'm sure it can live on as unofficial vernacular. You know, I may use code V next time of the kids gets sick. "Honey, we've got a full blown code V on our hands!"

Figment1986

I've herd Code V and never protien spill when I was at the parks. I figured it was repalced quite some time ago :shrug: It's nothing really bad, in fact code V minimizes the imapact on other guests if it is said over the radio... most guests wont know what It is and ignore it.

Testtrack321

I think it's been changed for awhile if I'm not mistaken. I like it in terms of reporting emergencies around guests; it's vague enough that no body would freak out.

NewfieFan

Ah well. I'm sure it can live on as unofficial vernacular. You know, I may use code V next time of the kids gets sick. "Honey, we've got a full blown code V on our hands!"

I was just thinking same thing... "Kids let mommy know if you feel a code V coming on so mommy can get a garbage pail!"

:ROFLOL:

miles1

That sounds so boring. So who are we going to blame for that?! TDO?! :lol:

I'm sure that some protein-based organism overhead CM communications and ran to Guest Relations to complain about how offended they were. They have to keep everything "PC" of course.

Tom

Beta Return
I've herd Code V and never protien spill when I was at the parks. I figured it was repalced quite some time ago :shrug: It's nothing really bad, in fact code V minimizes the imapact on other guests if it is said over the radio... most guests wont know what It is and ignore it.

I dunno....when I hear "Code" anything, I can only think "something bad" :lol:

I'm sure that some protein-based organism overhead CM communications and ran to Guest Relations to complain about how offended they were. They have to keep everything "PC" of course.

Sad but true.

Ziffell

I can come up with some ways to read something offensive into "Code V" as well. But since this is a family site, I'll keep it to myself. :zipit::lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I guess I will have to inform my co-workers that now when one of our students hurls in class it is called a Code V now. I got them all into calling it a protein spill. I'm typing up the memo now...:lol:

Phonedave

Maybe its because if your a vegan you may not be spilling any protein.

"we have a fruits and grains spill over here" does not quite have the same impact.

-dave

BigB911

Working in the dispatch world, IMHO, using Code V isn't the best terminology. And not just because I'm a fan of the "protein spill," but because V, when heard over the air, can also sound like B, D, E, G, P, T... If you're going to use a letter for anything, you should always use it phonetically. V is for Victor. So the correct term would be a Code Victor.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I always thought that "protein spill" was too generic. It could refer to any bodily fluid. It always conjured up an image of blood everywhere.

sublimesting

They both bring ick to mind. Code Vomit abd protein spill.... I say they should make up an arbitrary word and go with that.

We've got an escaped meeferpeep by Space Mountian. That sounds more fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom