RIP Electric Umbrella

FettFan

Original Poster
It’s closing tomorrow as part of Epcot’s ongoing transformation.

I’m actually kind of sad. Sure it was just burgers and fries, but the decor and design of the space was always interesting to me.
electric-umbrella-restaurant-epcot-walt-disney-world-117.jpg

Plus it was the only place that (to my knowledge, at least) actually utilized the second floor of Communicore/Innoventions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It’s closing tomorrow as part of Epcot’s ongoing transformation.

I’m actually kind of sad. Sure it was just burgers and fries, but the decor and design of the space was always interesting to me.
electric-umbrella-restaurant-epcot-walt-disney-world-117.jpg

Plus it was the only place that (to my knowledge, at least) actually utilized the second floor of Communicore/Innoventions.
The second floor was added In 1994 when the restaurant reopened. Stargate didn’t have it.

Ill miss it too, not only since the general design still has quite a few 1982 layout elements.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The second floor was added In 1994 when the restaurant reopened. Stargate didn’t have it.

Ill miss it too, not only since the general design still has quite a few 1982 layout elements.
Even with the upper floor, try finding a seat in the place. A number of times I had to stand with my tray on top of a trash can to be able to eat there. The food was passable, but a long way from "good eats". Those little hockey puck burgers will not be missed by me. There really wasn't much choice in Future World to eat other then "The Land". I just hope whatever replaces it will be a little better with a few more choices.

BoarderPhreak

I'm going to miss this place. It was, to the bitter end, straight out of the 80s. But what I'll miss most is the the endless original EPCOT Center music loop they played.

...Plus it was the only place that (to my knowledge, at least) actually utilized the second floor of Communicore/Innoventions.
The second floor was added In 1994 when the restaurant reopened. Stargate didn’t have it...
Don't forget Centorium, the precursor to Mousegear. Had a second floor - until it didn't.

KTK

Count me in, I will miss it too. Epcot is a very difficult place to find "American" food especially when you have kids that are picky eaters. My kids always could find something they would eat there.

Cmdr_Crimson

With the concept art they showed at D23expo..I just hope they aren't taking the "Healthy foods" route.. That's what Sunshine Seasons is for..
From Blog Mickey
epcot-future-world-overhaul-concept-art-9.jpg

Parker in NYC

I always loved grabbing coffee at FountainView and taking it to the air-conditioned seating area by the windows. Watching the fountains. On a hot day, it was a true respite in those early morning hours (even before they officially opened for the day).

Club Cooloholic

It was one of those places I hit if the kids got hungry near the end of the night and you just needed a place to eat. I remember though my wife being pretty POd we had ended up there lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom