RIP Electric Umbrella

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This goes back a long way, but it seems like I remember going to the EPCOT computer control room show and it seems like it was on the second floor. Am I thinking of something else?
Nope, you remember well.

Astuter Computer Revue and later Backstage Magic were viewed from an upper floor viewing room. You walked up a ramp and queued on it, watched the main show from a tiered grandstand style room, then descended via escalator back to ground level.

Goofyernmost

Nope, you remember well.

Astuter Computer Revue and later Backstage Magic were viewed from an upper floor viewing room. You walked up a ramp and queued on it, watched the main show from a tiered grandstand style room, then descended via escalator back to ground level.
Thanks I was almost sure about the ramp but it even seemed unreal to me.

BoarderPhreak

So did Futurecom. Not many people know that.

Nor that Centorium had a small third floor too!
Yup, had to fit the information fountain! Innoventions made everything feel smaller. They painted the walls up to the ceiling black, hung lights down, and added short, temporary walls as needed (that all gave the impression of only one story).

Doesn't Communicore also have a tunnel underneath, at least in spots?

James J

In the Parks
No
Count me in, I will miss it too. Epcot is a very difficult place to find "American" food especially when you have kids that are picky eaters. My kids always could find something they would eat there.

The American pavilion? It's not that difficult to find standard park food, though we go to Epcot to eat the entire opposite of that!

donsullivan

Premium Member
If my memory is correct, I believe there was a small gallery of artwork for sale on that Centorium 3rd floor at one time. I *loved* Centorium...

Indeed there was. It was essentially an early version of Art of Disney upstairs. I bought a few animation cels up there during the years it was open.

A bunch of the photos titled Centorium at the below link show the stairs that went up to that upper level shop. There are also some shots of the Astuter Computer Review/Backstage Magic referenced earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

You already know that is a no. Unfortunately
giphy.gif

Raineman

Nope, you remember well.

For years, I knew I had seen something like that during my first visit to Epcot, but I could never remember what it was called-maybe because the majority of my memories from my first visit centered on Communicore, a bit of FW, and not much else.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks I was almost sure about the ramp but it even seemed unreal to me.
For years, I knew I had seen something like that during my first visit to Epcot, but I could never remember what it was called-maybe because the majority of my memories from my first visit centered on Communicore, a bit of FW, and not much else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom