RIP Electric Umbrella

FettFan

Original Poster
If Electric Umbrella has not been gutted yet, I would not be surprised if it temporarily reopens due to construction being delayed.

Great idea. You can even add a $20 surcharge per diner to rent the mandatory hard hat and day-glo vest, seeing as how even if the UE were to temporarily reopen, guests would need to walk through part of a construction area to access it.
ERZzBgHXkAMp1lQ.jpg

Far left: Electric Umbrella's eastern entryway. Center: breezeway to Future World East. Right: Gutted MouseGear

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Epcot doesn't *need* more food options. Especially if they want to mollify all the 3rd party restaurants in need of guests once they reopen. So, I would *surmise* that a new restaurant isn't the very top priority. Letting a quadrant of Innoventions sit empty is something WDW is really good at!

OTOH, given that a restaurant is a source of extra income, I would surmise they don't put off the refurb for a very long time.

Now, the new MouseGears? Yes, that's something Epcot *needs* since there aren't other purely Disney points of sale in Epcot.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Epcot doesn't *need* more food options.
Epcot doesn't need more table service* restaurants. Very specifically, World Showcase.

Future World needs like at least 1 or 2 more options. It's quite a huge park to have to walk even all the way over to Mexico. Especially if you're only wanting to hang out in Future World for the day. It shouldn't be so hard to go and get a burger.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Epcot doesn't need more table service* restaurants. Very specifically, World Showcase.

Future World needs like at least 1 or 2 more options. It's quite a huge park to have to walk even all the way over to Mexico. Especially if you're only wanting to hang out in Future World for the day. It shouldn't be so hard to go and get a burger.

There won't be anything in the hub in which to hang out in except the new Mouse Gears if that's finished. For quick-to-include counter service, a bunch of festival booths or carts will suffice, like the new burger (?) place that was going by Test Track. Put out umbrella'd picnic benches like Regal Eagle.

IOW... Just like originally planned... Beer Garden.

rk03221

I worked at electric umbrella in my CP and met my wife there! We know actually two other families who met there. Wish we could show our kids but oh well, we were pretty sure those buildings had asbestos.

UNCgolf

I worked at electric umbrella in my CP and met my wife there! We know actually two other families who met there. Wish we could show our kids but oh well, we were pretty sure those buildings had asbestos.

Doubtful considering asbestos was banned in 1978 and I don't think they even started EPCOT until 1979.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom