Ring removed from pavement at Haunted Mansion

kramicart

:brick: OK. This is what I heard....

Eddie Murphy was at WDW with his family a few weeks ago. He heard about the ring and really only wanted his movie to be the official story.

So Mr. Mushu had to be wrestled to the ground by several cast members and security in the act of attempting to pry the "ring" from the stone.

When the event was over, maintenance discovered that the "ring" was sticking halfway out and people were actually tripping over it. So it had to be removed.

The reason that the patch color doesn't match is because Disney is spending the extra money on CM's to direct smokers to designated areas. Oh wait. They definitely aren't doing that!

The real reason the patch doesn't match is because they are going to repaint the whole area with flourescent snow when they put in the Johnny Depp Audioanimatronic dressed as Jack Skellington!

:sohappy:

...but not really though.

Mecha Figment

if that was a resopnce to what i had said. Well belive it or not that is the real reason. like i said nothing glamrous about it. in fact it angers a lot of us.

RonAnnArbor

OMG -- this thread has gotten so out of whack!

WDW patches over a fence support to smooth out the cement, and people are wondering if the "ring" is coming back???

YIKES.

DKCM2008

Well I'm posting here with some inside information. The ring was to be removed because some religious groups within the US were complaining about it. Because of its proximity to the Haunted Mansion, they felt it was sacrilegious.

Enderikari

I've said it before, and I will say it again...

The people who actually know anything about any aspect of the Disney Company... be it their super-secret upcoming project schedules to their reasoning behind patching the ring... are the ones who are smart enough to not post anything that may possibly get them in trouble...

Take everything that you read from people claiming to be experts, or "people in the know" with a grain of salt, and this includes CM's.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well I'm posting here with some inside information. The ring was to be removed because some religious groups within the US were complaining about it. Because of its proximity to the Haunted Mansion, they felt it was sacrilegious.

Sounds just as ridiculous as anything else that has been posted....why not?

Next.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
"Theme" is often confused with "plot" (another term for "story" or "storyline") but there is a distinct difference.

Rather, plot is a device which can be used to evoke a theme. Plot is the order of events. You can tell events sequentially or not, for example foreshadowing gives dramatic effect.

But without plot, you can still have a theme. The Dumbo ride is the embodiement of this idea. It evokes feelings of the free spirit, the desire of whimsical freedom, the unattainable dream - for an elephant to fly. It has absolutely no plot. But - it has a theme.

I figured i'd quote myself so people could read it again..

I got this lecture from an ex-VP of Disney imagineering when I was being a brat about "story" and "theme" when it came to design.

HM does have a theme, but the bride backstory/plot is pure fan fiction. Theme is what makes Disney's style of design so unique.

The Mom

Premium Member
This whole thread has gone from slightly interesting, to unimportant, to trivial, to heated, to hostile, to downright nasty.

I think a lot of you need to go to your rooms. :mad: And so will this thread if this continues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom