Right Said Fred at SSE

jmvd20

being too young or being to naive about the whole ride, but i wanted to know if anyone could show me where i can download "tommorrow's child" song or where i can hear it.

i can't remember for the life of me the song!! someone help?

Here's the lyrics.

Tomorrow's child.
Gathering gifts from our past.
Tomorrow's child.
Shaping a world that will last.

Holding the spark, as we embark,
on a great journey together we're learning
to reach for hope and desire.
Building a world to inspire.

Tomorrow's child, tomorrow's child,
shining a brand new way,
for the future world is born today.

Tomorrow's child, lighting the path as we're going.
Tomorrow's child, seeing that knowledge keeps growing.

Searching through time, longing to find,
answers to guide us and dreams to unite us.
Reaching for hope and desire,
building a world to inspire.

Tomorrow's child, tomorrow's child,
shining a brand new way,
for the future world is born today.

AEfx

LOL, bravo!! i was waiting for a star trek joke!! thank you fellow star trek nerd :ROFLOL:

I...can't...get...away...

This weekend I saw about 20 hours of Trek (the last season of Enterprise), and my head is so Trek'd right now in another thread someone made a joke about a "Corrusian Decryptor" (i.e. deciphering a post of Corrus's) and when I first read it I thought it said, "Cardassian Disruptor".

I have nothing against Jeremy Irons, but SSE just went up several cool degrees in my eyes if it is indeed true Patrick Stewart is participating (if it was possible for SSE to get any cooler). Now if they'd just add Kate Mulgrew to replace Puddy in Soarin' I'd be one happy little Trekker.

AEfx

SDav10495

I thought it was "charting a brand new way"...

Which brings me to another crazy question I've had for a while--is that line supposed to be like (note the commas):

"Tomorrow's child: charting a brand new way, for the future world is born today." (As in--the child of tomorrow is charting a brand new way because today is when the future world is born)

or...

"Tomorrow's child, charting a brand new way for the future world, is born today." (As in--the child of tomorrow is born today, and they're charting a brand new way for the future world)

? Maybe just a little. :lookaroun

cloudboy

And they have a new version of their song...hmm, maybe Spaceship Earth's Descent might be a little different after all. I suppose the spinning metal globe gave someone an idea of a disco ball - now we will have Olivia Newton John singing Xanadu. I wonder how tomorrow's Child would sound being sung by Dionne Warwick?

Slowjack

Hey, it'd still be less outdated then "video phones" hehe :)
How so? I mean, we don't really have video phones even now. We've got cell phones with crappy little cameras in them, but I've yet to see a phone with anything close to decent quality real-time video. It's only outdated the way that flying cars are outdated...not because its old technology, but technology we gave up on...:)

jmvd20

How so? I mean, we don't really have video phones even now. We've got cell phones with crappy little cameras in them, but I've yet to see a phone with anything close to decent quality real-time video. It's only outdated the way that flying cars are outdated...not because its old technology, but technology we gave up on...:)

How's about due to the iPhone just coming out... now video phones aren't the top of the line no more.

At least for the people who must have the newest techno gadgets.

Slowjack

to reach for hope and desire.
Building a world to inspire.
Ah, I remember those lyrics all too well. They don't make a bit of sense! How exactly does one reach for hope and desire? I mean, hope and desire are what cause us to reach for our goals. And does the second line imply we're all building a fantastic future world together that will then inspire us? Don't we need the inspiration first? Once the world is build what do we need the inspiration for? To tear it down?

Where are the Sherman brothers when you need them?

Harry456

I...can't...get...away...

This weekend I saw about 20 hours of Trek (the last season of Enterprise), and my head is so Trek'd right now in another thread someone made a joke about a "Corrusian Decryptor" (i.e. deciphering a post of Corrus's) and when I first read it I thought it said, "Cardassian Disruptor".

I have nothing against Jeremy Irons, but SSE just went up several cool degrees in my eyes if it is indeed true Patrick Stewart is participating (if it was possible for SSE to get any cooler). Now if they'd just add Kate Mulgrew to replace Puddy in Soarin' I'd be one happy little Trekker.

AEfx

lol, i totally agree if they add Patrick Stewart as the voice. The cool factor of SSE would 2x itself!! i'm crossing my fingers on this one!! Best storyteller on the planet.

I love Kate Mulgrew!! (only second best to my first love, Nichelle Nichols, lol.) WDW get invaded by all the star trek stars. Shatner on Space Mountain (wait, there is no narration.) Leonard Nimoy does Misson: Space. i love how this thread is turning into a star trek fan forums!! lol :ROFLOL:

jmvd20

Ah, I remember those lyrics all too well. They don't make a bit of sense! How exactly does one reach for hope and desire? I mean, hope and desire are what cause us to reach for our goals. And does the second line imply we're all building a fantastic future world together that will then inspire us? Don't we need the inspiration first? Once the world is build what do we need the inspiration for? To tear it down?

Where are the Sherman brothers when you need them?

Well when is the last time you saw tomorrow's child... let alone tomorrow's child shining a brand new way... Hmmmm... if you never saw tomorrow's child at all how can you see tomorrow's child shining a brand new way?

Enigma

Account Suspended
It took me a minute to realize I was thinking about the wrong three word Fred.

dropdeadfred.jpg

OMG I was thinking the same thing!

I was like "what there gonna turn spaceship earth into another movie tie-in?"

Figment1986

WDW get invaded by all the star trek stars. Shatner on Space Mountain (wait, there is no narration.) [/SIZE]Leonard Nimoy does Misson: Space. i love how this thread is turning into a star trek fan forums!! lol :ROFLOL:

that could work... shatner could do a monologue about space... but no one will hear it over the rockin' soundtrack ;)

Not to mention laser discs, or high-def TV.

Oh no, you're not gonna tell us about how you didn't have a car phone are you?

Heck, for a while we didn't even have a house phone.

:lookaroun

YAy to the turn of the century in COP

The Mom

Premium Member
Not to mention laser discs, or high-def TV.

Oh no, you're not gonna tell us about how you didn't have a car phone are you?

Heck, for a while we didn't even have a house phone.

:lookaroun

I remember having a party line. :lookaroun

dragonfox98

OK, becuase you people have made me start my morning off with a laugh....

THANK YOU (esp. Merf and Number 6!).

And The Mom - I remember party lines, too. I lived in rural farm country, so it was the only way for us to have a phone. I also remember how excited we were when we finally got cable - in the late 80s!

beachclubbasics

OK, becuase you people have made me start my morning off with a laugh....

THANK YOU (esp. Merf and Number 6!).

And The Mom - I remember party lines, too. I lived in rural farm country, so it was the only way for us to have a phone. I also remember how excited we were when we finally got cable - in the late 80s!

I live in Southern NJ and some of my students (I'm a teacher) just got cable 2 years ago, don't have home mail delivery or garbage pickup yet...in NJ!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom