Right park, wrong t-shirt

Cheryl said:
Ok, just chimming in here. While standing in line to take pictures with Sorcerer Mickey at MGM with my husband and son, I had a CM come up to me and he made mention that my shirt was "not appropriate" for a theme park with so many small kids around. I had a Bon Jovi concern shirt on which Jon had a buttoned down shirt open which revealed part of his chest and his 6-pack and it has the Bounce tour name on it as well. I figured that he was kidding around with me so I said, "Don't pick on my man! He's awesome and he's a pretty good role model for the kids." The CM said that the shirt was inappropriate as it revealed too much of Jon's body. I then asked who he was kidding as I had seen women walking around in itsy bitsy teeny weenie bikini tops that didn't even cover themselves and he just laughed and said that that's beach attire and if people come from the waterparks that they generally just keep on what they wore to the previous park. He didn't have a problem with the bikini tops. I said that I had problems with my 7-year-old son staring at the girls with the too-small tops and he just smiled. He said that he would advise me to buy a t-shirt from a giftshop as if I'm warned again that I might be asked to leave to park to change.

I just don't get it!:brick: Granted it's not another theme park shirt but I was a little taken back that my shirt was offensive and others walk around nearly naked. :veryconfu Needless to say, Jon's staying home this trip where he'll be safe and cool in the A/C.:cry:

probably just wasnt a bon jovi fan. i wouldnt see a problem in that... but then again i wouldnt have seen a problem in the bikini tops either:lol:

PurpleDragon

TurnipHead said:
BTW I hate when people say "well I'll just go to the competitor" Do you really think the employees actually care? It's the same as the old "Well I spend thousands of dollars in here"....lol

In a store where employees are paid commision? Yes. The best way to get your butt kissed in a store that pays by commision is to say one of those phrases, especially car dealerships. :p I personally don't do it, if I get bad service or no service at all, I just leave without a word. But my buddy will not think twice about pushing a couple buttons to see if he gets a reaction.

RealHawker

no one should ever be wearing anything that says "Universal Studios" on it...

add rhinestoned Teddy bear sweatshirts and Loony Tunes in Hip Hop clothing shirts, and hard rock cafe denim and leather coats.

almandot

So what you're all saying is when I go in a week I should bring a Universal Studios Hollywood shirt just to get my double dose of mobbing right? =D :xmas:

CaptainMichael

Well, I wouldn't do it on purpose because that would just be in bad taste. Don't judge someone just because they happen to be wearing a Universal shirt unless they're being "in your face" about it...then it's unacceptable. I think there are far worse things someone could be wearing at a Disney park.

PurpleDragon

STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, I wouldn't do it on purpose because that would just be in bad taste. Don't judge someone just because they happen to be wearing a Universal shirt unless they're being "in your face" about it...then it's unacceptable. I think there are far worse things someone could be wearing at a Disney park.

Couldn't agree more!!:sohappy:

JimboJones123

So, the little kid who just happend to got to Sea World with his grandparents the day before and was so excited to wear it, is an insensitive jerk? Nobody is advertising Universal. Maybe their clothes were dirty so they planned to buy 3 new shirts and wear them on their trip. Or GOD FORBID... THEY LIKED BUSCH GARDENS SO MUCH THEY JUST WANTED TO WEAR THE SHIRT. Maybe they are saying that they really like amusement parks in general. I do too. Is that a sin??? I really can't use the words necessary to describe this post without being banned. Bad topic -- there you go.

ilovepluto23

TAC said:
Blow things out of proportion ? :rolleyes: Were you not the one that posted, "it's no big deal?" Again, I ask, if it is "not a big deal," then why make a big deal out of it by posting about it? I'm surprised you didn't say I was "attacking" you. :rolleyes:

The smugness is suffocating! :hurl:

Disney-holic

Original Poster
TAC said:
Blow things out of proportion ? :rolleyes: Were you not the one that posted, "it's no big deal?" Again, I ask, if it is "not a big deal," then why make a big deal out of it by posting about it? I'm surprised you didn't say I was "attacking" you. :rolleyes:
I'm not the one blowing things out of proportion. It seems to me that you're the one doing that. I posted an opinion that I thought might have crossed others minds. It also seems to me that suggesting that all guest wear the same clothes might be called exaggerating to the extreme.

ilovepluto23

Disney-holic said:
I'm not the one blowing things out of proportion. It seems to me that you're the one doing that. I posted an opinion that I thought might have crossed others minds. It also seems to me that suggesting that all guest wear the same clothes might be called exaggerating to the extreme.

Agreed. It's amazing that people can get their panties in a twist over a simple opinion. Maybe some people LIKE to argue...hmmm.

GoofyDufy

I suggest wearing Disney shirts to Six Flags Great America

My family went to Six Flags Great American a couple of weeks back. All of us wore Disney shirts (on purpose). It was the greatest thing we ever did!

Six Flags is trying to do more stuff like Disney, which I read here in a different thread and it's very true. More characters in parks, character breakfasts, adding faced characters (such as justice league), and added a parade.

Anyway back to why wear a shirt from another park was great. We walked in and they had characters all over the place (bugs and daffy to the left, pepe le pue and porky to the right). We went to Bugs and Daffy. Daffy saw the shirts and he started playing with us. He point at the shirts raising his fist and shaking it. He pointed at Bugs and he gave two thumbs down. Bugs then walked up quickly to somebody wearing a six flags shirt and gave them a big hug. Daffy then started pointing at my son’s shirt which had Donald Duck on it, then pointed to his foot, then to Donald, then gave a big kick. The crowd which had now grew started to cheering. Being in line to get their picture they then stopped and posed for a picture with us. Right before the picture was taken Bugs and Daffy they quickly positioned thier hands over all of our shirts.

That wasn't it! Throughout the park there were other characters Tommy from rugrats, Barney Rubble, Taz.... We visited many of them, but then came to Wonderwoman and Flash from justice league. They started teasing us too. After the pictures the six flag worker next to the characters gave us passes to be in the parade on a trolley.

When we got to the place to get on the trolley behinds the scenes all of the character were there on a float waving. Then Daffy (must have been the same Daffy from earlier) saw my son and started waiving his fist right away and pretended to jump down off the parade float.

After the parade, the trolley full of people got a private meet and greet with all of the justice league characters.

So, I suggest wearing Disney shirts to Six Flags Great America.

ilovepluto23

GoofyDufy said:
Anyway back to why wear a shirt from another park was great. We walked in and they had characters all over the place (bugs and daffy to the left, pepe le pue and porky to the right). We went to Bugs and Daffy. Daffy saw the shirts and he started playing with us. He point at the shirts raising his fist and shaking it. He pointed at Bugs and he gave two thumbs down. Bugs then walked up quickly to somebody wearing a six flags shirt and gave them a big hug. Daffy then started pointing at my son’s shirt which had Donald Duck on it, then pointed to his foot, then to Donald, then gave a big kick. The crowd which had now grew started to cheering. Being in line to get their picture they then stopped and posed for a picture with us. Right before the picture was taken Bugs and Daffy they quickly positioned thier hands over all of our shirts.

Donald could totally take Daffy!!! :lol:

I'd wear a Disney shirt to Six Flags if I ever go there again. I hate Six Flags. We have/had one here in New Orleans and it SUCKS! I dunno if it's coming back though, since the entire thing turned into a water park during hurrican Katrina! I say, GOOD RIDDANCE!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
ilovepluto23 said:
That doesn't make sense to me either. Ummm...it's not like it's a woman with her button-down shirt open on your picture, exposing or something. .

are out? No wonder theres so many shrinks in the US

autumndawn1006

ilovepluto23 said:
Donald could totally take Daffy!!! :lol:

I'd wear a Disney shirt to Six Flags if I ever go there again. I hate Six Flags. We have/had one here in New Orleans and it SUCKS! I dunno if it's coming back though, since the entire thing turned into a water park during hurrican Katrina! I say, GOOD RIDDANCE!

Jazzland turned Six Flags is hardly representative of Six Flags as a whole. Did you make out ok in Katrina?

Shiloh

A few weeks ago i went to Sea World here in Orlando and I wore a WDW T shirt (of course). A couple of SW employees saw me and the shirt and jokingly made commenets about "Thank you for wearing your WDW shirt to SW" and another, and another comment," We love to be your second or third choice" lol It was said in good nature, not a rip at me.

Shiloh

<<<In a store where employees are paid commision? Yes. The best way to get your butt kissed in a store that pays by commision is to say one of those phrases, especially >>
Nope, commmisioned employees dont care either. I work on commission and I hear that all the time. If the customer wants to go elsewehere, i dont care.

ilovepluto23

autumndawn1006 said:
Jazzland turned Six Flags is hardly representative of Six Flags as a whole. Did you make out ok in Katrina?

True, but even the Batman coaster we had when Six Flags took over SUCKED. I went there summer 2004 and left after 2 hours. Waste of money.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas is good in San Antonio...but that used to be just Fiesta Texas, Six Flags bought it just like Jazzland.

I made it out, luckily. I hate LA though...stuck here until I finish Nursing school in 2 1/2 years...then I'm moving out west. We're not done seeing hurricanes around here anytime soon. It's still a HORRIBLE mess...it's ridiculous, the politics here are just so idiotic.

Bravesfn1

Disney-holic said:
I know in the larger scheme of things, this is no big deal, but it really bugs me to see someone at one of the WDW parks wearing a t-shirt from another theme/amusement park, be it Universal, Busch Gardens, Six Flags or any other. Excuse me, but in your whole wardrobe is that the ONLY shirt you have. It just seems like a slap in the face to the park you are in, to wear a shirt advertising another park. I feel the same way about someone who wears a WDW shirt to one of the other parks. I just think it's rude. This probably doesn't bother most people, & there are plenty of other things that are more rude, & I've never seen this in a list of complaints. Okay, I'll get down off my soap box now, & go back to planning my next trip to WDW. Thanks for letting me vent. Do you have something that bugs you, that doesn't usually show up list of pet peeves about WDW?

Who cares, I would suggest finding more important things to post about than this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom