Right park, wrong t-shirt

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
SewIn2Disney said:
Now, as for mixing character groups in the same outfit.....I don't approve of that. You may not wear a pair of shorts with Mickey Mouse on them, with a Winnie the Pooh shirt and a Stitch hat. You must stay within one character group per outfit........hahahah (let the flaming begin....)

:eek: :lol: I don't know if this is good or extremely bad. But I'm dying laughing ! :lol:

Used2BePluto

And I GET YELLED AT???

This type of belly-aching is EXACTLY what I was talking about a few months ago in relation t how PETTY people are sometimes. I tell you what, the next time you see someone in the wrong park with the right shirt, GO TELL THEM, "EXCUSE ME, BUT YOU ARE AT ______, and NOT _______." See what the heck the person does to you. If the park let them in with the shirt on, GET OVER IT!!!!

If I could get in wearing my "If you a true Baptist, how can you be reading this shirt?" (this was whenthe holier the thou Baptist convention felt like they could control the kingdom by boycotting all that is Disney. Funny how the only ones that complained where so called Baptists that were "offended". They obviously did not get the tongue in cheek protest to their boycott. BTW, the 1st. Baptist Church of Orlando DID NOT honor the boycott, since, get this folks, a large portion of their members worked for the mouse.

Have a great night,
Mark

C'est la vie.

Haha my mom just wonders up, bumps into them and looks at their shirt, and says " Are you lost??" and they look at her like she's an idiot
But my whole family notices stuff like that! We just do, and we chit chat about it in lines etc. just something for us to do!!

MickeyMan101

Coastercameron

Michael Eisner used to break down and cry whenever he saw someone wearing a non-disney shirt around his parks. That is how offended he was.

Or... maybe he wasn't so much offended as upset that they didn't shell out $20 for another Disney shirt.

I 2nd the motion that the OP seek mental help.

I3olTz

lol i think wearing like a universal shirt to disney is funny, its not really offensive but i can understand its disney the best theme park in the world dont wear some little universal shirt :D

BruceWayne

Used2BePluto said:
This type of belly-aching is EXACTLY what I was talking about a few months ago in relation t how PETTY people are sometimes. I tell you what, the next time you see someone in the wrong park with the right shirt, GO TELL THEM, "EXCUSE ME, BUT YOU ARE AT ______, and NOT _______." See what the heck the person does to you. If the park let them in with the shirt on, GET OVER IT!!!!

If I could get in wearing my "If you a true Baptist, how can you be reading this shirt?" (this was whenthe holier the thou Baptist convention felt like they could control the kingdom by boycotting all that is Disney. Funny how the only ones that complained where so called Baptists that were "offended". They obviously did not get the tongue in cheek protest to their boycott. BTW, the 1st. Baptist Church of Orlando DID NOT honor the boycott, since, get this folks, a large portion of their members worked for the mouse.

Have a great night,
Mark

C'est la vie.

what? i thought this was about a tshirt, not Baptists. Im Baptist and I didnt boycott Disney, but I do boycott people who wear tshirts from other parks....Wait, what if, you wore a tshirt to disney that said "Universal Studios: Baptists"?! I bet thatd really rock your world huh?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Something I've mentioned (and if not, I meant to) is my distaste for DL fans who wear DL stuff to WDW.

If they just wore Disney stuff for the sake of Disney, that'd be one thing. The DL people - and there are threads on forums to prove it - wear it specificly to "represent" DL at WDW. They want to showcase their affinity to DL. They want everyone to see their DL patronage and show how this is just a little excursion for them.

Well, i'm the type to hold a grudge. I have my WDW ball cap, jacket, camera case, T-shirt (Epcot!) and all ready to go for my DL trip.

DisneyMarg

Wowsa - you guys are HARSH! The OP started out with, "Ok this is no big deal in the larger scheme of things". And this is the "General Discussion" thread, so I don't see a thing wrong with bringing up this topic.

As for me, I'd have never given it a second thought, until I married my wonderful husband who notices all things like that. He would definitely think that is rude. I'm not sure he would even wear an "I heart NY shirt" in Boston for fear that someone would be offended LOL!!! (or maybe just he's afraid he might be mugged) Also on his list of rude things to avoid:
  • While you are in any retail establishment, talking about how much better the prices, selection, layout, etc are in a competitor's store. (i.e. Don't go to KMart and say, "well, at Walmart I saw....")
  • Don't talk about other restaurants while eating in one
  • Never ever confuse one retailer's product with another. Do not got to McDonald's and ask for a Frosty.
I don't get upset by people in the "wrong shirt" but I do think that it's nice to be considerate and "when in Disney, act like a Disney fan".

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I protest all of those things, and have been known to pretend not to know people when they make such mistakes. Tackey and just.. ugh..

Along those lines, my newest pet peeve is people going "Oh! That's expensive!"

It makes me weep inside.

Disney-holic

Original Poster
I'm truely sorry if I've offended some people. That was not my intent. I had been going through some pictures that had been taken at WDW, & came across one that had someone in the background wearing a t-shirt from Universal, & it just reminded me that this bugs me. I said I knew it was no big deal, it's just a little irritant. It certainly doesn't ruin the day for me. It's usually forgotten as quick as it comes to mind. Of course, it's a free country & anybody is free to wear whatever they like, just as I am free to express my opinion, which is what this was: my opinion. I think most people have some little thing that annoys, irritates, or bugs them, that do not affect others in the same way. That doesn't mean they need a mental check-up. I was just venting a small irritant.

DisneyMarg said:
Wowsa - you guys are HARSH! The OP started out with, "Ok this is no big deal in the larger scheme of things". And this is the "General Discussion" thread, so I don't see a thing wrong with bringing up this topic.
quote]

:sohappy:

Disney-holic said:
I'm truely sorry if I've offended some people. That was not my intent. I had been going through some pictures that had been taken at WDW, & came across one that had someone in the background wearing a t-shirt from Universal, & it just reminded me that this bugs me. I said I knew it was no big deal, it's just a little irritant. It certainly doesn't ruin the day for me. It's usually forgotten as quick as it comes to mind. Of course, it's a free country & anybody is free to wear whatever they like, just as I am free to express my opinion, which is what this was: my opinion. I think most people have some little thing that annoys, irritates, or bugs them, that do not affect others in the same way. That doesn't mean they need a mental check-up. I was just venting a small irritant.

Been in your shoes, babe. Don't take it to heart!! I also have felt comfortable expressing a view and then gotten really freaked out (and a little hurt, but I'm sensitive!) by the responses.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom