Ridiculous or just plain weird in-queue stories, I wanna hear 'em.

graphite1326

Over the years, I have heard and seen so many things while in line.
Some of my favorite things overheard are.
The Spires of the castle can be lowered in case of hurricanes.
The new monorail will connect all the parks.
Walt Disney is one of the ghosts in the Haunted mansion.
There is a super double secret club in Pirates similar to Club 33 in DL.
The Skyway was closed after someone fell off and died.
And of course
Walt Disney is cryogenically frozen.
Things I have seen,
Boys peeing – when you got to go you got to go
Parents slapping kids
Children asleep in strollers or in a parent’s arms
Woman in spike heels - ouch
Men in spike heels – not that there is anything wrong with that but again, ouch
Yeah I have seen both of the last two.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
This is NOT a complaint.My family was on the WWPM in Tomorrowland. It was a HOT day. My family, on that day, consisted of me, my wife, my then 8 yo daughter, and my 84 yo mom. The ride stopped. Waited 20 minutes. Had to disembark, walking the track to the building housing Stitch. Had to climb down a ladder into a closet that exited Auntie Gravities Galactic Goodies. The look on the shoppers as this gaggle of people from old to young filing out of a closet was funny. The poor cast member was chastised by my mom horribly. She eventually gave her a dozen, yes a dozen, fast passes. It worked out well for us. Mom is 86 now and we still laugh at that.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
This is NOT a complaint.My family was on the WWPM in Tomorrowland. It was a HOT day. My family, on that day, consisted of me, my wife, my then 8 yo daughter, and my 84 yo mom. The ride stopped. Waited 20 minutes. Had to disembark, walking the track to the building housing Stitch. Had to climb down a ladder into a closet that exited Auntie Gravities Galactic Goodies. The look on the shoppers as this gaggle of people from old to young filing out of a closet was funny. The poor cast member was chastised by my mom horribly. She eventually gave her a dozen, yes a dozen, fast passes. It worked out well for us. Mom is 86 now and we still laugh at that.
I bet onlookers at your group coming out of a closet at Auntie Gravities were like, "I wanna go on that tour!"

Bryan76

Was in line at Casey’s Corner and a Gentleman in front of me had a pack full of cash. I mean easily 20 thousand dollars in bills. As we moved up the line he would turn to the side and pull out some money to I guess figure out how much he would need to pay for his order. I gathered he was from a South American country and was paying for his entire trip in cash? So dangerous.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I don't think this is weird...maybe inappropriate..but one year we had a young couple having a hot and heavy make out session in front of us in the line for Splash Mountain.
A little PDA ain't a problem. But when it is hot and heavy...
giphy.gif

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Was in line at Casey’s Corner and a Gentleman in front of me had a ***** pack full of cash. I mean easily 20 thousand dollars in bills. As we moved up the line he would turn to the side and pull out some money to I guess figure out how much he would need to pay for his order. I gathered he was from a South American country and was paying for his entire trip in cash? So dangerous.
All that in a *hip pack...seriously. Wow. And why would you sit there and bring it out for others to see and count it?!

That's very dangerous.

CoreNovawarAMM

Not in a queue, but in Town Square near the Emporium. A big guy, around 6'4", in a woman's dress, high heels, long curly wig and full makeup. I've got nothing against transvestites or transgenders, but he certainly stood out in the crowd. I was a little jealous, cause his makeup was so much better than mine.
I saw a guy this past Dapper Day in Magic Kingdom...he was wearing a light pink flapper dress, pink curly wig, long white gloves, and carrying a pink purse. He also had full makeup on. At least he had flat shoes on...

CoreNovawarAMM

I got stuck in the queue for TSMWM between two rival south american girl groups. One from Brazil one from Argentina. They decided to have some sort of sing off against each other in the 90 minute wait for the ride. By the end I wanted to jump down the drop at Splash with no boat.
There was a big group of high school seniors in the queue for RnRC, right around the marble door area. Let’s just say one couldn’t hardly hear one’s self think in there...😬

CoreNovawarAMM

Once, while in line for HM, got stuck behind a couple on a date. Guessing they were in their late teens, early twenties. I assume the guy was trying to impress his date and was a Disney enthusiast, so he just kept jabbering on about all his Disney knowledge. How the stretching rooms work vs the ones in Disneyland. The ghosts. The story behind the new queue. Who the ghost host is. How he recreated the ride layout in minecraft. He was so proud of all his knowledge.

This girl was not having it and kept turning away from him and rolling her eyes. It was both hilarious and sad. I wanted to tell the kid "look...wait til you marry her and lock her in before you let your full geek flag fly. Then she can't run away. Trust me."
That’s me with my family...I’m the geek.
Once, while in line for HM, got stuck behind a couple on a date. Guessing they were in their late teens, early twenties. I assume the guy was trying to impress his date and was a Disney enthusiast, so he just kept jabbering on about all his Disney knowledge. How the stretching rooms work vs the ones in Disneyland. The ghosts. The story behind the new queue. Who the ghost host is. How he recreated the ride layout in minecraft. He was so proud of all his knowledge.

This girl was not having it and kept turning away from him and rolling her eyes. It was both hilarious and sad. I wanted to tell the kid "look...wait til you marry her and lock her in before you let your full geek flag fly. Then she can't run away. Trust me."
That’s me with my family...I’m the geek.

CoreNovawarAMM

Yep, you do see some strange and funny things at Disney. :) Not a queue line story but our experience was a bit gross.

While eating at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion at Epcot there was this couple with their kids sitting at one of the tables (booth/chair combination table) near us, and all sudden the little girl started to throw up. She threw up on the seat and carpeting. The mother just sat there looking around the restaurant just sitting there unconcerned, then grabbed a paper plate off the serving tray and held the plate in front of the daughter as she continued to throw up.

After she was finished they gathered their things got from the table (leaving the trays, and dirty plates/cups) and walked away leaving the throw up all over part of the table/seat. Didn’t bother to call a cast member so maybe they could help to clean it up.

My sister walked over to one of the cast members to let them know about the mess they left behind. I really feel sorry for the cast members who have to clean up after guests that leave any kind of mess.
My family and I were in the queue line for Star Tours (just after C-3PO and R2-D2), and it was obvious someone had recently thrown up in the warmer part of the line. It was cleaned up, but still smelled horrible.🤢

Smiley/OCD

Sadly, yes. It was the day they issued a hurricane watch for Orlando in October of 2016, for Matthew. I was in the queue for Haunted Mansion when fellow behind me started "educating" his girlfriend about all the storm-proofing built into WDW. The turrets of Cinderella's castle retract into silos like missiles, Spaceship Earth can be deflated and lowered into an underground bunker, the Tree of Life is built to sway under high winds like a real tree, and Tower of Terror can be turned like a weather vane to reduce wind stress. I turned and asked him where he got that information, and, while we were at it, if he would be interested in buying a bridge.
Probably a bus driver...

kazcostello76

Not an in queue story, but this one stuck with me as pretty funny: I walked past a family, mom, dad, 2 kids. The dad points and says, "there's the Tower of Terror right there. Let's see how long the wait is." The problem is that this happened in EPCOT. And he was pointing at the tan colored prayer tower in the Morocco pavilion. Took all my self control not to bust out laughing. I pity the poor CM who had to tell him the truth when he couldn't find the entrance to the ToT. :D

Daddyoh

This is a classic funny yet not really. While waiting in the Que at the Haunted Mansion under the awning where there is a wall with the green iron fence HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, for some unexplained reason a child stuck his head through the rungs of the fence and got stuck :eek: (sort of funny,maybe ?) Father couldn't release his head, trying to Hercules the rungs and separate them but that wasn't going to work :mad:. Now heres sort of the wrong (very wrong thing) yet funny, all the others standing and holding up the line had their out stretched arms through, over and every other way filming this poor kid with their phones :D. Some people :rolleyes:. I informed the now panicking father (as sirens can be heard approaching) he got it in there he'll have to get out the same way only his ears may hurt a bit more backing his head out (sorry I'm chuckling to my self as remembering this, I was going to suggest butter) the young boy being now a tad embarrassed o_O:arghh::cry:was able to pull his head out and without loosing an ear. :joyfull:

CoreNovawarAMM

Not an in queue story, but this one stuck with me as pretty funny: I walked past a family, mom, dad, 2 kids. The dad points and says, "there's the Tower of Terror right there. Let's see how long the wait is." The problem is that this happened in EPCOT. And he was pointing at the tan colored prayer tower in the Morocco pavilion. Took all my self control not to bust out laughing. I pity the poor CM who had to tell him the truth when he couldn't find the entrance to the ToT. :D
I also pity the poor dad, who probably found out he had to walk another couple miles to find out the wait time for ToT😐

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom