rides that scared you the most

WallyWorld

Oddly, the next scariest for me was the Astro-Orbiter (or whatever it was called back in the 70s).

Didn't they used to be called the Star Jets?:veryconfu

octoberbarry

I was 3 or 4 years old, late 1960's, Disneyland, Pirates of the Caribbean terrified me. I cried all the way through. I was sure we would sink. I still remember it vividly, and get a little nervous when we go through the battle scene if I think back on it...

Valawen9

mitchk said:
Oh, Valawen9, when I was at Epcot in 2002, I got to ride Maelstrom all by myself. It was about 8:58, and they were just getting ready to close the ride. I ran up to the load deck, and the only people there were the ones running the ride. I turned to leave, and the one CM said "don't you want to ride" I jumped in the boat, and was off, all alone. It was very creepy being all alone on such a detailed ride. I actually felt like I was in a land of Trolls, Vikings, Bears..ect. Bottom line it was a pretty scary experience:eek:

Hehe...that'd be pretty cool to me now. But back then? Forget about it:eek: :)

TiggerBW

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for me.

Something about getting hit by a train and going to hell scared me to DEATH as a kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the train especially. I thought it was real.)

jodiey

Dinosaur. I was so scared by the end that I hit under my boyfriends arm right when they took the picture. Of course he had to buy it so that he can remind me of the fool I made out of myself.

imagineer boy

I remember being the most horrified than ever on the original Snow White ride. I remember the witch was ALWAYS popping out, and scaring the heck out of me. MR. Toad also scared me because it was so loud, wild, and zany. On my first trip to WDW, just the sheer music and ghost host voice on the HM made me scream "NO! NO! NO!" and my dad and I waited for mom to come out from riding it. I went on it on the next trip, and I was scared, but never cried.

Oh, and here's the biggie, the first ever ride on Alien Encounter. Whoo! I screamed my lungs out in the entire main show. But after it, I was like, "WOW!"

Craig & Lisa

Well, I wouldn't say it actually scared me, but TOT does make me feel like my stomach has risen to my eyeballs, if anybody has ever had that feeling you know what I'm saying. It's not something that I enjoyed.:dazzle:

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
disneymonger said:
When I was little, my parents found it amusing to put me on Space Mountain. I don't do well in the dark and was always afraid I was gonna fall out! Now I'm 23 and I am still to scared to ride it...but I love RRC and BTM. Explain that? :hammer:
no offense, but they sound like mean parents. :dazzle:

TiggerBW said:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for me.

Something about getting hit by a train and going to hell scared me to DEATH as a kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the train especially. I thought it was real.)

Good. I wasn't the only one.

octoberbarry said:
I was 3 or 4 years old, late 1960's, Disneyland, Pirates of the Caribbean terrified me. I cried all the way through. I was sure we would sink. I still remember it vividly, and get a little nervous when we go through the battle scene if I think back on it...

You know, I didn't cry but when I was six, I had my face dug into my lap the whole time. But I think it was due to the skeletons and the thunder in the begining, and the fact that I was prpboly still shakin from Mr. Toad. Even th this day, I rode it twice and both times I got an uneasy feeling going past the ship in the begining. I know it's fake, but that thought in the back of my mind still tells me "We're gonna get him by a cannon ball" XD

OneSweetDream

I wasn't really afraid of the rides. I'd be terrified to go on them, but once I actually did it I never found them scary. I remember DREADING Splash Mountain, and then not being that thrilled by it. :hammer:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
First trip to WDW my wife was freaked out by Dinosaur, came out and said "That was fun, but I'm NEVER doing it again!". I went on Space Mountain, was really frightened, thought I was going to fall out most of the ride, came out and said "That was fun, but I'm NEVER doing it again!". My son went on Tower of Terror, claimed to be really scared [I think he was joking - 6 years old then and wasn't above lying "for effect"], came out and said "That was fun, but I'm NEVER doing it again!". We all joked about it for the rest of our trip.

When we went back, I decided to try SM again. This time, the restraint system wsa properly placed... I'm well over six feet tall and my legs don't really fit the space provided. Turned out my first ride I was justified in thinking I was going to fall out because the restraint was across the top of my knees instead of in my lap where it's supposed to be! :hammer:The thought scared me more than the original ride had! :eek: But the second ride, properly secured in the seat, was fantastic and I've riden a bunch of times since.

Scott M

Believe it or not, I was 36 years old when I first rode Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, and that first acceleration took my breath away. I knew that you accelerated quickly, as you can see it while in the queue, but I did not expect to lose my breath.

It is one of my favorite rides, and I ride as many times as I can when I'm there, but to this day I still get I bit apprehensive before the launch.

Scott

Laura

Premium Member
Ok don't laugh - SPLASH MOUNTAIN! The first time I rode it I thought it would be a typical log flume - you go up and you go down and that's the end of the ride. So I was hanging on for dear life for the entire ride! Around every corner I thought it was "the big one". I was totally freaking out!

Now it's my fav :)

Valawen9

Laura22 said:
Ok don't laugh - SPLASH MOUNTAIN! The first time I rode it I thought it would be a typical log flume - you go up and you go down and that's the end of the ride. So I was hanging on for dear life for the entire ride! Around every corner I thought it was "the big one". I was totally freaking out!

Now it's my fav :)

Not laughing...Splash Mountain is one ride I refuse to go on. :D

Space Mountain when I was 5 was a horrifying experience!! It was my very first roller coaster but I thought it was going to be like SSE! After my traumatizing experience my family decided that I may like BTM better since I could see where I was going....yeah, never liked roller coasters ever since.

mitchk

Valawen9 said:
Not laughing...Splash Mountain is one ride I refuse to go on. :D

That's too bad, Splash Mountain, IMO, is one of the best attractions in Disney World. Have you ever been on it before? Some people don't like rides with drops (like my girlfriend), but I hope you at least gave it a try. It's a classic, and one of the few mild thrill rides my girlfriend loves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom