Rides / Attractions / Park Locations that should be reworked or removed?

silverboyd

Original Poster
I think that there are a few rides/attractions that should be removed or replaced in all of WDW. Most are simply outdated or spaces that aren't in use anymore. Which ones do you think should be done away with or re-used for something else? Mine are:

1) Honey, I Shrunk The Audience - The show is just old and you can really tell by what people are wearing in the 3D film.

2) The Odyssey Restaurant - It's just an eyesore in EPCOT...why dont they make it into a character meet n greet or a GIANT food court with food from around the world?

3) Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - they should replace it with an Indy ride like in Disneyland. Or build the Roger Rabbit ride there

what else is there?

kstella

I agree about the IJSS. The concept is good, but couldn't they redo it with a more current movie? I'm sure they could come up with something that would also have good merchandising ideas.

Spike-in-Berlin

FIRE the new management of the Tikki Room

My wish number one: FIRE the "new management" of the Tikki Room. I just hate it, what a kind of annoying, loud, hectic and aggressive pile of crap they made out of this disney classic! I want the real Tikki-Room back. The present show isn't even tikki any more, they don't even finish the classic Tikki-Room-Song, they are already interrupted before they finish their first refrain by this annoying red feathery bast.....:brick:

More to come...

silverboyd

Original Poster
I would add:

The Backlot Tour

Sounds Dangerous

WoL building

Pooh's waste of space (playful spot)

good ones...the Wonders of Life building is a waste and it looks bad just sitting there. They should gut it out and make a "dark ride" of some sort. The made EPCOT current and thrilling with the additions of Mission: SPACE and Test Track....how about another thrill ride in the old WoL pavilion? maybe a Meet The Robinsons ride since it'd be in the "Future Showcase"?

....and Sounds Dangerous is completely horrible.

PoohNTink02

Add on

I would like to add the ride with FIGMENT to this list.. I think it could have potential but right now it is a complete waste of space and time!

I agree with most comments here- Stitch, Sounds Dangerous, Indiana Jones, but I actually disagree with the Tiki- New Management-

I've always loved it- it's so cute! Why don't people like it? :confused::confused:

Anyways, I think that the Hall of Presidents should be replaced- does anyone actually go there to do anything but take a nap in a cool room? I also agree that Pooh's area is a terrible waste of perfectly fine land that could be used for something better.

Primeval Whirl, I think, should be replaced. It's just a jerky ride- when I rode it I got thrown from side to side and nearly hit my head- and it's short with little spinning anyways! This is just my opinion but I've never liked It's Tough to Be a Bug.

IMHO

xsupaxmanxsfnex

^^You beat me to it! I could do without Primeval Whirl. They could put in a whole new great attraction in there. (^I was typing when you posted, so you beat me too)

tdonald

My list of things to be rid of:

Stitch's Great Escape (my #1)
Backlot Tour (HUGE waste of space, nobody cares and frankly it's uninteresting)
Sounds Dangerous (don't completely hate it but it can go)
Wonders of Life (was great but it'll never be back)
Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends (waste of space, period)
Tomorrowland Speedway (it'll probably never go because kids love it, but I wish the space was used MUCH better)

I like Primeval Whirl... it's fun, but it's a ride for Six Flags, not Disney, and if something better was built it would be great.

And I don't think the Indy Stunt Show or the HoP should go. Even if they were going to build an Indiana Jones Adventure, I think there's room at WDW for both.

And if the Little Mermaid rumors are true, Pooh's Playful Spot may not be there for long.

krankenstein

Anyways, I think that the Hall of Presidents should be replaced- does anyone actually go there to do anything but take a nap in a cool room? I also agree that Pooh's area is a terrible waste of perfectly fine land that could be used for something better.

I do! :wave: It is one of those things that always gets to me. I really do love it, I think it needs some new animation to replace the cheesztastic looking cartoon, but overall I love it!

And if the Little Mermaid rumors are true, Pooh's Playful Spot may not be there for long.

It was either Lee or Martin said that said Pooh's Playful Spot will never go away. It is doing exactly what it was intended to do. I believe the entrance to the rumored Little Mermaid Ride would replace the grotto, but don't quote me on that last part.

tdonald

Seriously what are they doing with the Wonders of Life building. Hasn't that place been closed for the past 2 or 3 years?

Technically, it's not the Wonders of Life anymore. Now it's just a building that's used for special events like F&W and F&G, and it just so happens to have two attractions rotting behind some closed curtains.

krankenstein

To add to what tdonald said special events has it for the feasible future. But, at some point they are suppose to turn it back over to WDI. If Martin turns up he probably can add more info.

Fun2BFree

^^You beat me to it! I could do without Primeval Whirl. They could put in a whole new great attraction in there. (^I was typing when you posted, so you beat me too)

Could they? PW has quite a small footprint- I doubt they could put anything significant in its place.

Rework Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, Tiki Room: UNM, Stitch and UoE.

Replace Country Bears. By no means entertaining or groundbreaking any more, it's just some aged-AAs singing country. Axe it.

tdonald

Replace Country Bears. By no means entertaining or groundbreaking any more, it's just some aged-AAs singing country. Axe it.

Yes, at one time the Country Bears were very popular, but the show is so old and stale. Half the AA's can't even move their mouthes to the audio. WDI either needs to invest time, money, and new ideas... or replace it with something completely new.

Spike-in-Berlin

"You beat me to it! I could do without Primeval Whirl. They could put in a whole new great attraction in there."

Actually I could live without the entire "Dino-rama"-area. It's only some kind of a little more than usual themed amusementpark. Cheap rides instead of real disney attractions. AK still has far to few rides and other major attractions, another major addition like the originally planned "Beastly Kingdomme" (present Camp Minnie-Mickey) however is still far in the future I fear.

Another attraction that desperately needs an update is the alltime-classic Jungle Cruise. Sorry but it definitely needs NEW, advanced audioanimatronics and some new ideas, e.g. the Piranhas, they added in Disneyland. And by the way, the skippers have become even more loud and annoying. I say back to the roots, JC was originally planned as a serious true-life-adventure, make it more dangerous and more technologically advanced.

Two minor changes, that would improve Adventureland:
Remove the Flying Carpets, they completely spoiled the central area of Adventureland and the Arabian theming ist just not appropriate for the opposing south sea-theming of the Tikki-Room area. It is an optical intrusion and all this for a quite cheap attraction.
Another change in Adventureland: Reopen the shop in the Carribean Plaza Area and bring back those steeldrum bands in the then again vacant plaza. It added so much atmosphere to the area.

And of course I agree with the others: WDW NEEDS AN INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE in adventureland. The best would be a South American themed ride like in Tokyo which is based on Indiana Jones 4.

Spike-in-Berlin

Wonders of Life Attractions

Technically, it's not the Wonders of Life anymore. Now it's just a building that's used for special events like F&W and F&G, and it just so happens to have two attractions rotting behind some closed curtains.

Are the attractions of Wonders of Life (mostly Body Wars and Cranium Command) still existing? Or were they removed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom