Ride videos!!!!

Al

Originally posted by Burberry
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post, I live in England and I love disney, but when I try and get the video's that popkid posted it says wrong pasword :veryconfu help

Hey! Welcome to the forums! I am from england too :D

Make sure you don't have caps lock on when entering the password! That's the only advice I can give! :)

Burberry

Originally posted by Alberrisford
Hey! Welcome to the forums! I am from england too :D

Make sure you don't have caps lock on when entering the password! That's the only advice I can give! :)
But there is no where to type in a password :veryconfu

RU42

Just want to back up a second, have you visited this site:

http://www.popkid.com/disneycentral/

It walks you through the process step by step. If you have a problem during this process, then post a question. All your mIRC settings etc are in these pages.

We are glad to help. This guide is the best place to start.

RU

DCA Fan

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post, I live in England and I love disney, but when I try and get the video's that popkid posted it says wrong pasword :veryconfu help
Note to newbies: All links to videos and stuff that popkid has posted on this thread do NOT work anymore. He has disabled the public FTP account. You will need to go through the IRC channel, visit the link RU42 posted for more info.

If you're confused or have any questions, feel free to post them here! :)

RU42

Tell us what you have done so far and where you are getting stuck. That is a whole lot easier then us repeating everythign step by step, because basically we would be repeating POPKIDs guide.

Did you dload mIRC?
Did you install?
Did you make the settings as listed?
Where is the problem?

Get more specific and I am sure we can help.

RU

Burberry

Thanks for helping:D
The bit I got stuck at is where you have to type in dir and get video.mp3 and other stuff, I did that but nothink happeneds:brick:

DisneyJedi

Thanks for helping:D
The bit I got stuck at is where you have to type in dir and get video.mp3 and other stuff, I did that but nothink happeneds:brick:

Did you do that on the popkid pop-up window or in the #disney-central chanel window? You have to do those commands on Popkid's window that pops up. Also if you don't issue a command in 30 seconds, popkid's window will close. What you can do is issue the 'dir' command every 20 seconds or something to make sure it doesn't knock you out.

Also make sure your DCC settings are correct as it shows in popkid's guide too.

Hope this helps

Burberry

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
Did you do that on the popkid pop-up window or in the #disney-central chanel window? You have to do those commands on Popkid's window that pops up. Also if you don't issue a command in 30 seconds, popkid's window will close. What you can do is issue the 'dir' command every 20 seconds or something to make sure it doesn't knock you out.

Also make sure your DCC settings are correct as it shows in popkid's guide too.

Hope this helps
I did it in the popkid pop up thing, I got up to where it said you are number 8 in the queue so I waited but nothing:veryconfu

RU42

If you got to the queue, then you need to be patient. That means you are 8th in line before the downlaod will begin.

How long does that take - no idea - depends on what the 7 other items are before you.

That is why, as Jedi pointed out, you need to make sure the DCC settings are as in the guide. That way you can leave your computer. If they are set properly, once POPKID sends you a request to upload, the DCC settings will automatically accept and allow the download.

RU

dxwwf3

Originally posted by hitogoroshi
I know I have asked before (around 80 pages back, or so :lol: ), , but does anyone have any Universal ride clips?? Since most people not only go to Disney, while they're in Orlando, they shouldn't be hard to find!!! Would be great, if anyone could upload some!! Thanks, Hito

Well this COULD be the answer to our prayers. I found this on the great fansite www.ioacentral.com

03/31/03: IOACentral's one year anniversary kicks off this week with the first day of the IOACentral 2003 Trivia Challenge. More updates will follow in the upcoming days including more trivia questions, coverage of the opening of Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, a Site Report, and videos of Dueling Dragons, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, and Incredible Hulk Coaster.

Not exacatly if these will be on ride videos or just videos of the outsides but either way they are some new IOA videos. :animwink:

blm07

I'd get videos if I had a annual pass. Right now they have one for $99 I might try to get that. The only thing is that it doesn't include parking, and no discounts, plus blackout dates, but still good enough for me.

WeirdOne

Anyone have video of all 4 of the ToT4 profiles INCLUDING the ride before the drops, although, I'll take just the drops too. PLEASE?! ANYONE?! - The WeirdOne :D

RU42

New Captures - New Folders

Well - there is a new spot for RU captures on #Disney-Central. (If you don't know what Disney Central is, please follow the link in my signature.)

You can find my new captures in:
!Dizuploads
RU
EPCOT

Rides posted there last night, all in the new faster format:

New Re-encodes:
Short Cranium Command 1991
Journey Into Imagination (original) 1991
World of Motion 1991
World of Motion post show 1991

New Captures nerver before Posted:
Listen to the Land 1991
Living Seas 1991
Make A Coaster 1991 - (from Communicore)
Universe of Energy (original) 1991

Enjoy - more are on the way.

RU

blm07

Right now I'm posting a show called Fun House to the newsgroup. Its a 45 minute show about the history of dark rides, and fun houses. Includes clips from Disney and Universal.

alt.binaries.multimeda.disney

blm07

Hey I have a question, is it ok if I post some of the videos you guys encode? I'm thinking about posting the videos RU encoded to the newsgroup, and also some of the tv specials and such.

RU42

I have no problems with the re-posting of my stuff. I was planning on doing it sometime but uploading to #Disney-Central is my priority. If you are able to post them to ABMD that would be fine with me and helpful. That would allow me time to encode more.

All I ask is for 3 things:
1. Credit for the work
2. Don't alter them - post them as is
3. Don't overly flood the group, maybe 1 per day, which is proper nettiquette for a binary group.

Thanks for asking!

RU

PS - Something else I was thinking was maybe in the 0 post, please make a comment about #Disney-Central; maybe point them to POPKIDs web page.

blm07

This is probably the layout I will use when I post
--------------------------
This is not my video
Format: AVI

This video was done by [author]

Find out about the #Disney-Central IRC channel

"disney central is home to one of the largest collections
of walt disney world / disneyland resort media available.
from video, to audio to stuff for your computer - we've
currently got over 10GB available - with new files added
all the time." - popkid
you think I should change or add something (of course I will put the person who did the video's name where [author] is)

RU42

Just 1 modification:

Format: AVI (divx)

Besides that, I like it. When it is my clips; use RU42 for the author name. I use the same name on usenet as I do on this forum.

Thanks for the help.

RU

DisneyJedi

blm07 Sounds good to me! Feel free to post the TV specials I have been encoding with your layout below and with RU42's specs. You may ask AliceinWDW about the vids from her tape, but I think she will be fine with sharing them. For the author use BCX on mine since that is what I use when I encode. Don't forget to give Alice credit for sending me the tape in the first place.

Thanks for offering to repost this stuff on USENET. For those that have never downloaded from newsgroups, check out this link:
TimDoc's Newsgroup Download guide
Just don't forget to stop in the irc channel and say hi. :)

Originally posted by blm07
This is probably the layout I will use when I post
This is not my video
Format: AVI

This video was done by [author]

Find out about the #Disney-Central IRC channel

"disney central is home to one of the largest collections
of walt disney world / disneyland resort media available.
from video, to audio to stuff for your computer - we've
currently got over 10GB available - with new files added
all the time." - popkid
you think I should change or add something (of course I will put the person who did the video's name where [author] is)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom