Ride videos!!!!

RU42

Originally posted by DisneyJedi

o America the Beautiful (191MB)
o Wonderful World of Disney - Disneyland Showtime (w/ Osmonds & Kurt Russel) (502MB) [/B]

Are these DIXV encoded? If not, what then. I downloaded America the Beautiful but do not have the right codec. I downloaded the codec but have nto installed yet, comp is busy downloading another file.

The main reason I am asking is I am about to begin converting my newly digitized to a compression. Is this (Divx) the bes tone to choose? I want to watch size, but maintaining quality and screen size is important to me.

RU

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by RU42
Are these DIXV encoded? If not, what then. I downloaded America the Beautiful but do not have the right codec. I downloaded the codec but have nto installed yet, comp is busy downloading another file.

Yes, they are done with DIVX3.11 using Nandub with smart bitrate control. They are equivalent to the quality (more or less) to the original VHS tape that I capped them from. If you ever have trouble playing back a file you download from popkid, I recommend Nimo Codec Pack Build 7 . I choose a full install and then uncheck the bicubric resizer and g400 filters. If you don't, your videos may play upside down or weird. The Nimo pack normally fixes your computer to be able to play alot of the stuff you download.

The main reason I am asking is I am about to begin converting my newly digitized to a compression. Is this (Divx) the bes tone to choose? I want to watch size, but maintaining quality and screen size is important to me.
RU

Well they are already in DIVX. The best you could probably do with them is use some sort of filter to clean up the image frame-by-frame. If you want to play them in your DVD player to watch on TV, you'll most likely want to convert them to VCD. I used a resolution compatible with the VCD format. The tutorials at www.vcdhelp.com can show you how to do the conversion if you don't know. Good luck and thanks for stopping by! :)

Ben

DisneyJedi

Re: Question

Originally posted by Ablirien
Does anyone know in the Space Mountain section in the audio files, if the songs (Except for the obvious Disneyland Paris ones) are heard either in the Disneyland version or the Magic Kingdom version or both?

Also, I have many files that I want to upload, but I don't know how? Can anyone help.

Thanks.

I dunno about the Space Mt music, but as far as uploading. There are a couple ways to do it.

1) Ask Popkid for an FTP account on his server to FTP the file into your folder he can create for you there. For Windows CuteFTP is a pretty good FTP program. For Mac, I think I've heard Fetch?!?

or

2) While in the main #disney-central window type:

/DCC send popkidWDW

It should prompt you and ask you what file you want to send him. If you're on a Mac I am not sure how it would work. Of course Popkid has to be online to accept the transfer with this method (he has to approve it unless his irc settings automatically agree to download the file).

Hope this helps..

RU42

Well they are already in DIVX. The best you could probably do with them is use some sort of filter to clean up the image frame-by-frame. If you want to play them in your DVD player to watch on TV, you'll most likely want to convert them to VCD. I used a resolution compatible with the VCD format. The tutorials at www.vcdhelp.com can show you how to do the conversion if you don't know. Good luck and thanks for stopping by! :)

Ben [/B]

Sorry - I didn't explain that very well. I have my own raw captures that are currently MPG2 huge files. The 15 minute CBJ Xmas I captured in 1 gig in size. My question meant to be, what should I convert/compress them too. Sorry - I was way unclear in my original post.

RU

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by RU42
Sorry - I didn't explain that very well. I have my own raw captures that are currently MPG2 huge files. The 15 minute CBJ Xmas I captured in 1 gig in size. My question meant to be, what should I convert/compress them too. Sorry - I was way unclear in my original post.

RU

Hey there! I somehow missed your message on irc. No problem, I just thought you were talking about the vids I encoded. Here's how I would work with your files depending on what I wanted:

To watch on tv: If I didn't already have a home theater PC setup next to the TV and my DVD player could handle the SVCD format, I would use Cinema Craft encoder to make a nice SVCD (mpeg2), so I could play the vids in my DVD player. If I still wanted to be able to watch them on TV through my DVD player, I'd make a VCD instead. Chances are if your DVD player can read burnable CDs, it can handle playback of a VCD you create. There's a database at http://www.vcdhelp.com that shows what DVD players can play SVCD and/or VCD.

To watch on the PC and make it easier to share online - Definitely DIVX. With DIVX you have more choices for quality/sizes. I've been doing most of my videos in this format now because of the ease in which to share them online and the ease in which to play them in the dedicated computer I have hooked up to my TV. with DIVX, you can pack a higher resolution, higher bitrate video into a smaller file size than with SVCD and VCD. You can also possibly fit more on a CDR for storage depending on the quality you use. So if you're aiming to share your vids with everyone, I recommend giving this a try. Bamboo7 introduced me to using a program called Nandub. It's not too hard to use. you'd drag your source material into Nandub, go to the audio menu, compression and choose MP3 12KBps 96kHz for the quality, then the video menu and bitrate calculator. Put in the filesize you'd like (I normally estimate 10MB/min, so I'd put in 100MB for a 10 minute video). Click calculate and it will automatically figure out the video bitrate to use. Now go to file and click "two passes". Give your video a name, OK, give it a stats file to use, click OK and then walk away and come back whenever it is done. It will take a long while if you're on the slowest of machines (which I am) because it does two passes.. one to figure out the best way to compress the video and the second to actually compress it. With a high enough file size, your DIVX AVI can look just as good as the original, but be substantially much smaller. I forgot to tell you the Nandub settings to use. Check out this page for those: http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/nandub.htm
Those are the settings I use too. You may also want to look at options for resolution size and cropping parts of the video. Check out the www.doom9.org forums for tips on that stuff.

Anyway...
Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

DisneyJedi

What a letdown!

Man.. I was going to make you guys a video of Family Matters (remember Steve Erkle?) when they went to Disney. It was suppossed to be on a WB station I receive this morning. I had set my Dish Network Dishplayer to record it, but instead it recorded a friggin' infomercial. The TV station showed an infomercial instead! How rude is that? I knew it was coming on for a couple weeks and was eagerly waiting for it. I wanted to surprise everyone here. I'm hoping it will air again. That just stinks that a stupid infomercial was shown instead. :(

bamboo7

Re: What a letdown!

Man.. I was going to make you guys a video of Family Matters (remember Steve Erkle?) when they went to Disney. It was suppossed to be on a WB station I receive this morning. I had set my Dish Network Dishplayer to record it, but instead it recorded a friggin' infomercial. The TV station showed an infomercial instead! How rude is that? I knew it was coming on for a couple weeks and was eagerly waiting for it. I wanted to surprise everyone here. I'm hoping it will air again. That just stinks that a stupid infomercial was shown instead. :(

thats a shame, but i can't wait to see the informercial! let me know as soon as you have it compressed!

j/k:p

DisneyJedi

Re: Re: What a letdown!

Originally posted by bamboo7
thats a shame, but i can't wait to see the informercial! let me know as soon as you have it compressed!

j/k:p

Hehe.. I couldn't press delete fast enough after fast forwarding through it all. :)

RU42

Jedi - Thanks a million for all the information and addressing both sitautions because that is actually what I want to do:
1. Make some personal DVDs
2. Encode them for the group here.

I have had a blast downloading some files from Mirc and I want to contibute stuff back.

RU

rustybox

hi

Hey Popkid

I have been downloading files from MIRC and i downloaded the carousel of progress files.

I downloaded carousel of progress 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 aren't of the ride, can you tell me why?

The file name is carousel of progress 001.wmv, NOT the other files with "full" in the file names.

Files 3 and 4 are of Walt Disney, i am confused and liked the quality of the previous 2 files.

Thanks

Request:

I am trying to track down the background music played in the gift shop adjacent to the "What If?" Labs in Epcot's Journey into Imagination pavilion... it is an orchestral loop with snippets of the Honey I Shrunk the Audience/Imagination Institute theme...

Has anyone made a recording -- even a poor one? I am desperate...

DisneyJedi

It took all day, but lookie here what just finished uploading to Popkid. I got a few more vids from Barb to get up there still.

~ Upload complete (((attraction videos)))/magic kingdom/snowwhitesscaryadventures_(AliceinWDW_BCX).avi).
~ Upload complete (((attraction videos)))/magic kingdom/HallOfPresidents_GWBush_(AliceinWDW_BCX).avi).
~ Upload complete (((attraction videos)))/magic kingdom/CountryBearJamboreeWDW_(AliceinWDW_BCX).avi).
~ Upload complete (((attraction videos)))/magic kingdom/AlienEncounter_SIR_Preshow_(AliceinWDW_BCX).avi).

I'm working on the 2002 Disney World Vacation Planning video. I got the CDROM version last year and the videos are in Quicktime mov format. I found a slick way to convert them to DIVX, though the videos would look better if they were not 10frames/sec in the original mov format (what was Disney thinking when they made these CDROMs?)

RU42

Awesome! I can hardly wait to check them out. Also sounds great about the capture on the vacation video.

Great news, completed the Horizons capture and conversion. I tried messaging popkid but it wouldn't go through for some reason. As soon as I get access to upload I will post it. I think it looks pretty good for my first capture.

RU

WeirdOne

Hi there, contributor, but never a downloader here. I'm looking for "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame Soundtrack" from the Broadway in Germany. That's the key, not the movie version. I've been looking for this for ages and it seems impossible to get a hold of. Maybe someone here has it. Thanks so much! - The WeirdOne :D

kevlightyear

Originally posted by cornnibblitz
Hey there

Anyone know if the ftp access to Popkid is down for good -- I can't get in to upload/download anymore...

Thanks!

I'm not sure--I can't get it either. I pm'ed popkid about it, but I haven't gotten a response yet. I'll let ya know.

DisneyJedi

He replaced the FTP server with a new one, so the old accounts are more or less disabled. He did give me a generic upload account if anyone has to upload anything, but unfortunately I left the username and password at work today and tried guessing a few times and couldn;t get in. I'm sure he'll pass it along next time he's on.

bamboo7

Request: Sonny Eclipse info

I will soon be shooting Sonny Eclipse's set and i need some info first from anyone who can help.

1. how long is his set
2. what signals the start of his set (or the end of it) --so i can start shooting at the beginning)
3. does he only perform at certain times, or does his set start over at a certain time?

thanks for your help. there will be a video of this eventually for distrobution in disney-central.

popkid

i'm still in the process of building all the accounts again on the new ftp software... they should be active by the weekend :)

sorry to cut everyone off like that, server software just needed and upgrade

EpcoTim

Originally posted by NowInc
LoL..normally Id agree...but as an animator...I can tell you we religeiously use quicktime for almost EVERYTHING we do..and movie trailers will almost certainly be an Apple only thing....for at least a good 2 more years...

Hey Hey there.....fellow Apple user here. And as far as Im concerned, they are the superior machine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom