Ride videos!!!!

popkid

Now, i think you're right with the spaceship earth video... it is taking an incredibly long time for media cleaner to compress it (is that normal) we're going on almost 24hrs at the moment, and it looks only about 75% done.

granted, it is beind done on a PC here at work with only about 64MB of ram.

i am keeping an eye on bandwith, but the FTP is sitting on a whole big chunk of a T1 - so the 5 people that downloaded the clips aren't making much of a dent....

if it gets too overwhelming though, i'll just kill the links and establish it as a 'members only' perk...

NowInc

The long render time is normal..

Lets see if i can try and break down why::

Ok..so..when a media gets compressed..it doesnt do it in a linear fashion (from beginning to end)...it jumps around snagging color info that it can re-use...when it finds the best one..it uses it

so..

a 5 minute clip...no problem..its hopping back and forth...snagging color info...takes a while..but managable..

20 minutes....well..it has to jump a LOT more and choose from a LOT more different color info...so yeah..24 hours and counting is more of the usual....

And I didnt even get into the AUDIO aspect of it either...*sigh* sometimes I HATE Multimedia.

MarknSue

I know this is a total dumb question so if you techy people cant be bothered to answer I wont be offended(!!!) but..
I borrowed a digicamcorder for our last trip, and havent stuck all the stuff onto a video yet. What do I need to stick the video on pc? Do I need hardware, software, or just leads going between the pc and camcorder? To cut a long story short, will it cost me anything!!
Mark

NowInc

Originally posted by MarknSue
I know this is a total dumb question so if you techy people cant be bothered to answer I wont be offended(!!!) but..
I borrowed a digicamcorder for our last trip, and havent stuck all the stuff onto a video yet. What do I need to stick the video on pc? Do I need hardware, software, or just leads going between the pc and camcorder? To cut a long story short, will it cost me anything!!
Mark

Short answer...probobly...

Unless you have cables that hook your camcorder into the USB port of your computer, you will need to get a hardware device that patches video to PC...those of course range from 20 dollar (the user-unfriendly kind that I use) to 300 dollars (the user friendly kind)....

popkid

Originally posted by NowInc

a 5 minute clip...no problem..its hopping back and forth...snagging color info...takes a while..but managable..

20 minutes....well..it has to jump a LOT more and choose from a LOT more different color info...so yeah..24 hours and counting is more of the usual....

And I didnt even get into the AUDIO aspect of it either...*sigh* sometimes I HATE Multimedia.

ah-ha, makes sense - thanks
well, it's been going on 26hrs now, with an estimated 20hrs remaing!?!

not to mention, i have journey into imagination rendering at home at the moment...

were you refering to something like Dazzle for marknsue (expensive user friendly) for a video capture device? cause that's about all i could recommend outside of installing a capture card, but then again - i don't know too much about video stuff...

NowInc

Originally posted by popkid

ah-ha, makes sense - thanks
well, it's been going on 26hrs now, with an estimated 20hrs remaing!?!

not to mention, i have journey into imagination rendering at home at the moment...

were you refering to something like Dazzle for marknsue (expensive user friendly) for a video capture device? cause that's about all i could recommend outside of installing a capture card, but then again - i don't know too much about video stuff...

Yep..that sounds about right...LoL..gotta love Video compression...

Dazzle is probobly the only "user friendly" EXTERNAL one I can think of as well. It goes for about 200 bucks and I hear its quite spiffy.

INTERNALLY..you could try an ATI all in wonder card (even tho me and ATI dont have a pleasant history together), which seem to be easy to use as well..and a decent one goes for a little under 200 I believe...

orlpassholder

well right now I havent even thought of all that will be involvded in my renderings i have a PII 400 with 384 megs and 92gigs of space so I can cover size, and rednering just getting it dumped into the pc

orlpassholder

hehe the one thing I wanna try is actually film in the cockpit of the monorail but have me at the controls for a few seconds hehe that would be sweet ;)

popkid

anyone interested in short mpeg clips (15 seconds - 1min long to be exact). the file sizes are pretty small, the quality is great - and i've got a bunch i can make available right now...

just lemmie know...

popkid

ok, here goes:

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/buzz001.mpg">
buzz lighyear clip</a>

file size: 1.30MB
file type: .mpg (mpeg)
length: :15
<hr>

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/cbj001.mpg">
country bears clip 1</a>

file size: 1.29MB
<hr>

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/cbj002.mpg">
country bears clip 2</a>

<hr>

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/cbj003.mpg">
country bears clip 3</a>

<hr>

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/indystunt001.mpg">
indy stunt show 1</a>

<hr>

<a href="ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/indystunt002.mpg">
indy stunt show 2</a>

file size: 1.27MB
<hr>

WeirdOne

Great Vids popkid...

I especially loved the Mission: Space one. It was hilarious. Nothing going on. Just two people walking around briefly. Anyways. I can't wait for some longer ones. I really can't wait for some extinct attractions. The WeirdOne :D

popkid

Re: Plese PopKID

Originally posted by Gracy_hm
PLEASE POPKID I NEED THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE RECORDED DO YOU HAVE IT FOR DOWNLOAD?

yep, i got it and i'll get to work on it... compressing it will take some time though, unless you don't mind if i break it into 2 - 3 clips

orlpassholder

nice work pop keep it up. Unfortunatly it looks like this weekend might be a wash for me and the parks :( which totally sucks I havent been to Disney in like a month

Gracy_hm

YES

Thank you so much I REALLY appreciate that. I have never seen the great movie ride or ridden it. Actually I've never been to MgM Disney Studios. Any way thanks you don't know how much this means to me!

Thank you, Kyle B.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom