Ride videos!!!!

popkid

hey Now,

cool - glad you think so... this means many more to come...

I'll do the rest of the COP acts tonight, though I do have bad news - during the last scene I ran out of tape :(

I also have the old version of COP which I'll upload if anyone is interested.

I'm working on spaceship earth right now, but it's a bit dissapointing. video is very dark when watching on a PC, but I'll see if there's anything I can do. same problem with pirates of the carribean, and the haunted mansion.

also, stay tuned for horizons and journey into imagination :)

anyone have any special requests?

popkid

more videos:

part 2 of carousel of progress:

ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/cop002.wmv
(right click on the link and choose 'save target as' to save it to your harddrive)

file size: 8.31MB
file type: .wmv (windows media video file)
length: 4:45
date: 9/01

up next:
carousel of progress act 3
star tours
spaceship earth

if you download the videos, please let me know what you think
also, if anyone has any problems with the link just let me know

enjoy

orlpassholder

pop I will check out the vids tonight at home. I have the enitre American Adventure on tape 45 mins LONG whew and just think I have to reshoot it :eek:

MarknSue

do you have any of the stage shows?
b&b
hunch
cinderalla on castle stage
they would be interesting to watch - we only ever tape excerpts
nice work on cop!

popkid

MarknSue,

sorry - no stage shows just yet, but I'm scouring all the videos i can find so there maybe something on one of em. I'll be sure to let you know...

orlpassholder

pop nice film I wish I could encode mine... I need to look into that. Cause Id like to see how you all like my version though I bet Grizz has the best one :)

Pop mind if I ask how you encode these software/hardware etc maybe the camera you used?

General Grizz

NEVERMIND...It works!
By the way, THIS WAS SEPTEMBER FIRST?? OMG! Attendance WAS HIGH!!! (Kick in the bu*t to Disney!) Wait, then again this WAS before 9/11...yet that doesn't mean people weren't visiting CoP - it means they weren't visiting DISNEY WORLD! :rolleyes:

Video's nice! The one I will put it is from 4 video angles (each catching different scenes). Everything is caught and close up. So it's nice that we have different kinds of videos...gives us a variety!

Good show, sir!

popkid

carousel of progress act 3 is now available for all to enjoy:

ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/cop003.wmv
(right click on the link and choose 'save target as' to save it to your harddrive)

file size: 7.93MB

rlpassholder, here's the breakdown of what was used:
filmed with a sony DCR trv17 miniDV cam, with a 0.45x wide angle lens.

captured and edited with MGI videowave 5 (easy as pie to use, though nowhere near as robust as premiere)

compressed for the web using media cleaner 5

(and if you really want to know, i'm using a dell xps t850r, pentium III with 256MB of ram)

NowInc

Popkid...when I have time this weekend (translation:: When I am not at work) I am going to try and compress these more using some tools I have here..media cleaner is nice and all..but I think I could get it a tad bit smaller (maybe a meg or so)..

I'll let you know how it goes ;)

popkid

ok Now, go to town with them.... i'm sure they can be smushed a bit more. i was being lazy and just using one of the pre-made templates in media cleaner (ie: windows media player - medium download).

with that said, here's yet another

star tours:

ftp://wdwmagic:videos@12.33.77.254/startours001.wmv

file size: 8.29MB

orlpassholder

pop thanks for the info hmm I am going to have to look into seeing if I can dump my video into the pc and do some editing.

I am currently looking at getting a new camercorder. I like the Sonytrv730 and would love to get the 10hr battery,boom mic, and widescreen lens to shoot all in 16:9 ws

popkid

Originally posted by orlpassholder
pop thanks for the info hmm I am going to have to look into seeing if I can dump my video into the pc and do some editing.

I am currently looking at getting a new camercorder. I like the Sonytrv730 and would love to get the 10hr battery,boom mic, and widescreen lens to shoot all in 16:9 ws

you deflinately should look into it, in fact everyone should! i'll be willing to host all the clips on my FTP site as a video extension to wdwmagic - plus, it'd be great for us all to share our videos. i purchased one tape off of ebay a while back which had some nice footage, but i still want more!

any reason you're going with a digital8 over a minDV? my last cam was a digital8, which was great quality - but not quite as good as miniDV. plus, my miniDV cam is pretty small and easy to sneak on attractions (though tough to hold very still when filming which is obvious by the clips i've uploaded)...

clips on the way:
journey into your imagination (i know it's everyone's least favorite)
tower of terror
spaceship earth (taking forever to render!!!)

orlpassholder

Hi8 reason cause of cost. I would love to have a minidv plus I am worried that if I went with MiniDV my computers will not support it... I would love to have a new mini dv

I noticed like you said they are hard to hold still during rides etc. My old over the shoulder 800pound gorilla about killed me filiming amercian adventure 45minutes is a long time to hold something and not move allot :)

I will look into to see if I can edit the films on my pc cause I would love to share my version of COP which I filmed from the last row dead center zoomed up close. I have the full thing even the CM saying her speech which she said no flash photo and not no filming

Currently in my collection I have
Amercian Adventure(all 45mins gotta reshoot though)
COP(whole show)
TimeKeeper (though not the best cause of the way I had to smuggle the camera) BUT you get all the audio and some video about 2 screens
Tower of Terror (seatbelt seat so dead center)
Star Tours (pop about your same spot to right and 3rd row back) I am shooting for dead center back row
BodyWars (openingvideo and whole ride)
TestTrack (with Fireworks going off in it on the open track run)
20,000 leagues yep the whole ride on film memories)

I have more but I have to reshoot for various reason bad angle/pic/peoples heads/time/tape/battery/sound

I am hoping to be going this weekend if so I will most likely be either Disney or Epcot and if so I will film all of the Hall of Presidents or Redo the American Adventure

popkid

it's not that the miniDV is hard to hold because of it's weight, it's actually the opposite - it's light as a feather, so keeping it steady requires an EXTREMELY steady hand - not very easy when you're trying to keep it out of a CM's site.

if you need any help with your videos, just let me know. i'm far from a 'pro' at doing this, but i sure do enjoy it... in fact, that offer goes for anyone who has video they'd like to contribute, but without a means to 'digitize' it. sorry ro everyone on the other side of the pond though, I can only do to NTSC :(

NowInc

Unfortunatly..most of my Video I/O is done on a mac (Dont look at me like that..Im an old school animator/video production guy)...which is a process I can say is pretty obnoxious ;)

I am currently working on getting a new Video I/O card for my main PC (the one I have now hasnt worked since january of last year)

Pop...you may want to break up SSE into a few chunks..a 20 minute ride video....lets just say not everyone is as crazy as I am and is willing to DL such a huge file...

Also..Its realy nice of you to host your videos on your FTP...just be carefull..that bandwith adds up FAST..especially when Disney Videos are involved...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom