Ride videos!!!!

RU42

I think barnum really covered it:

1. The guide works. The one on the web site was written by Popkid. http://www.wdwresorttv.com/mircguide3.PDF will take you to the one I wrote. Both have helped 100's get online.

2. If really messed up I would suggest deleting and starting over. Sometimes you might have set something wrong.

3. Be sure you are following all the updates; we are now on IRCHighway and not Newnet. There are some older guides that say Newnet.

If you are still encountering problems please try to be specific with your question. We are more then happy to help but the more info you give us the more specific we can be with our replies.

RU

ALSO: see this thread http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=612176#post612176
Pay particular attention to the RED text.

PATMAGIC

YAY I am happy I finally after a week of confusion figured it out, thanks RU42 for the hints about the server change to IRCHighway I wouldn't have even figured that out.

RU42

PATMAGIC said:
YAY I am happy I finally after a week of confusion figured it out, thanks RU42 for the hints about the server change to IRCHighway I wouldn't have even figured that out.

Welcome aboard!

RU

barnum42

PATMAGIC said:
Oooooh the things you are gonna' download :D

I've got it all set up. mIRC and Invision. I get into Disney-Central. Do the !list, thing pick something that looks good. Start to download (Invision says: "now downloading"). A few seconds later, Invision says (in that very space age computer voice): "Download aborted"

I never get a pop up downloading window.

I have checked and rechecked my settings via 2 seperate guides that have been posted in this thread (1 by RU42 and one by barnum42) I can't see where I went wrong.

Any idea?

Thanks!

dolbyman said:
sure that the file is not ignored by your settings ?
mirc/dcc/ingnore .. should be diabled :)

That's not it! I checked and rechecked and checked yet again. It's set to disabled.

I copied the script down this time word for word. When I start the download, Invision states "Incomming DCC file transfer". About 15 seconds later, it says, "DCC Transfer failed". I never get a popup download box and I've tried several different items under the !list. (today, I've at least tried to shy away from the ones with the long ques so I don't waste others people's time while I block up their downloads -- last night I didn't realize that there were que lines).

I asked for help in the chat dialog a few minutes ago. Only one person responded, BuddyChrist, and he/she said that they had no clue.

I realize that people are busy downloading/searching out the ideal files when they're on D-C. So they might not notice the chat area. I really want to join in; but I'm getting really, really frustrated :(

Does anyone have any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks! Chele

RU42

Are you behind a firewall or a router (wireless or not.) If so, that cuold be what is blocking. I am not the expert in that.

Jedi - got any ideas?

RU

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ll add that I`m behind a router with firewall, plus Zone Alarm, and have no problems downloading from DC. Hopefully you can cross that off the list. Unless you have Zone Alarm or other firewall - check permissions are correctly set??

kevlightyear

I can get on #DC fine, but being on a large network, the lag makes it hard to search everyone's servers. Will someone do a check for me?

Does anyone happen to have a video of the Old Kodak HISTA preshow? Any part of it will do. I'm working on a little project of mine, and it'd be great to see those pictures again. If a video isn't out there, does anyone have maybe a list of descriptions of the pictures used? I realize that's a looooong shot, but you never know. Thanks for your help!

VampireZombie

Does anyone have The Wonderful World of Disney" show called "The Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World? and Im also looking for the 2004 christmas parade, the one on TV.

Kev-I couldnt find The HISTA preshow video, all i found was the Audio.

dxwwf3

Sadly I don't think anyone has the old True Colors preshow for HISTA on video. I was never a HUGE fan of it, but it was 100x better than that sappy crap they show now. Sorry to those that like it, I'm not very patient with corny stuff like that. I do realize it is some people's cup of tea though.

RU42

I finally got the chance yesterday to ride Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (BLAB) at Disneyland. Wow, that was a great ride!

I shot my gun left handed (not my primary hand) and had my video camera in the right hand. The end result is a very nice capture of the ride. I tossed in a couple of the ride elements and voila! A new video for your viewing pleasure.

The video can be found at http://www.visionsfantastic.com and soon on #Disney-Central; as soon as the servers pick it up. (hint hint Dolby)

DL_TL_BLAB Single (RU42) A-3.wmv

It will also soon appear in the newsgroups.

I will be doing a full treatment on the ride sometime in the future.

RU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom