Ride(s) you will not go on...

graphite1326

TOT is the only ride I haven't tried. Just can't get up the courage. I love roller coasters but just to get on a ride and drop doesn't sound fun to me. I HATE that feeling! Now for Space Mountain, I've ridden it several times but I'm done with it. It is SOSOSO rough!

I t took me several years for me to get up the courage to go on TOT. It is not as near as bad as I thought it would be. It is actually a pretty fun ride. The build up and suspence is actually worse than the drop. If you can do RNRollercoaster you can do TOT.

jcldtrek

I have high blood pressure, would love to go on tower of terror and mission space, but with my heart like it is, I don't think I'd make it on those rides, same thing with Everest and rocking. Damn heart lol. Least I can do the wimpier version of mission space, lol

real mad hatter

Wheeeee! splat.

I know what you mean. I find Soarin´ the most terrifying ride in WDW.

I'm sitting there, suspended 40 feet in the air, with just a loose belt, and I'm thinking ´if I were to fall asleep, I'd slide out of this chair and fall to my doom...´:lookaroun

You can't be serious,I had my eyes shut on Goofys Barnstormer,hate,detest,coasters,but Soarin,I love,love,love it.It's a goddam simulator,and the chances of you sliding out your seat and falling to your doom are about 100000/1 . But if you did,a CM would catch you at the bottom.:ROFLOL:

Philhar-Fanatic

GRAPHITE1326...my problem is really the free fall. RNRC is one of my absolute favorites!! I can ride it over and over. I love to take off fast, go thru loops, and take a plunge I can brace myself for, but that feeling of a freefall...no thanks!!:hurl:

MinnieEars527

Like many, we always skip Stitch's Great Escape and Primeval Whirl. We also skip TSMM but just because of the ridiculous line. I will make it on that ride someday.

Goofygirl07

The only ride I have refused to go on is ToT. I want to go on it and experience it, but I chicken out at the last minute...maybe our trip in April will be a win!

SMS55

It's a Small World. Bet ya can't guesswhy

Bad acid trip? LOL, just kidding. There isn't anything I won't ride, there are just rides I won't make lines for. I will not make a line for Tomorrowland Speedway, Stitch, Figment and Backlot Tour. Anything else as long as it's a reasonable wait I'm fine with.

graphite1326

GRAPHITE1326...my problem is really the free fall. RNRC is one of my absolute favorites!! I can ride it over and over. I love to take off fast, go thru loops, and take a plunge I can brace myself for, but that feeling of a freefall...no thanks!!:hurl:

Yea like I wrote earlier, it took me several years to get the nerve to ride TOT. When I fnally did I love it. It's not as bad as you would think.

graphite1326

Bad acid trip? LOL, just kidding. There isn't anything I won't ride, there are just rides I won't make lines for. I will not make a line for Tomorrowland Speedway, Stitch, Figment and Backlot Tour. Anything else as long as it's a reasonable wait I'm fine with.

Wow dude that would be a rush wouldn't it. acid and small world.

JillC LI

The only ride I have refused to go on is ToT. I want to go on it and experience it, but I chicken out at the last minute...maybe our trip in April will be a win!

I'm considering mustering up the courage to try this myself in December. Just to say I did it at least once like I can for E:E which I will not ride again. But I did surprise myself by enjoying RnRC and Place Mtn so I really should give it a chance, right?

photoflight

Mission: Space orange is awesome! You are missing out if you skip it!

How to do it:
- don't be claustrophobic. Else don't bother.
- always keep your head straight, looking forward.
- keep your eyes open at all times.
- when in doubt, look directly above the screen. That way, you avoid the moving image, but you still have your eyes open and you look forward.

I break the rules and look around, play with the switches, etc. Doesn't bother me in the least.

If you have a physical problem that "spinning" can trigger then go green, otherwise most of the preride warnings are mostly hysteria. It's a great ride and, frankly, it's like sitting in an easy chair compared to Space Mountain.

musketeer

I break the rules and look around, play with the switches, etc. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Last time I rode this, which was already a few years ago, I was way into all the switches, trying to be very serious about all of it, and then I realized there was a foreign couple next to me, and they were very confused to what I was doing, they were looking at each other, trying to figure out if they should be doing the same thing or not. I almost felt bad, but not really, I mean, I was flying a spaceship and keeping us all safe.

photoflight

I almost felt bad, but not really, I mean, I was flying a spaceship and keeping us all safe.

Well, yeah, someone has to fly the darned thing.

For anyone who thinks we're nuts for ignoring all the scary instructions, playing with the switches and lifting your arms will give you a much better feel for the variation in g-forces during the ride. Sitting calmly like a stump makes me feel like there's a pressure on my chest more than anything, using my arms lets me feel the variation a lot more. Once you do that you realize there really isn't that much going on.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm considering mustering up the courage to try this myself in December. Just to say I did it at least once like I can for E:E which I will not ride again. But I did surprise myself by enjoying RnRC and Place Mtn so I really should give it a chance, right?

That's what I did, mustered up the courage to go on ToT once, just to say I had done it. I hated it (but don't let that stop you!) ;). You should try it at least once.

I also had to get up the nerve to ride RnRC, because inverted coasters generally give me a migraine, and I enjoyed the ride and didn't get a headache, so that's one I'll do again. I do like E:E, although for some reason I am nervous boarding it every time, but by the end of the ride I realize that I had a good time. :shrug:

I always plan on riding RRC but i usually dont. I ride EE and other roller coasters but somehow i always find a way to get myself out of it. Same thing with TOT :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom