Ride(s) you will not go on...

JillC LI

A/Kingdom..EE. and KRR. M/Kingdom..Space Mountain,Splash Mountain,Big Thunder,Tea Cups.Astro Orbiter..H/Studios..Tower Of Terror..RnR Coaster..Epcot..Mission Space..Test Track..:eek:

I was the same as you on our first family trip to WDW and I had a great time without all these rides. To the person who asked by go to WDW, I agree with real mad hatter that there is still so much fun to be had there nonetheless.

However, I will say that over the years as my children have become braver, I did not want to be left on the sidelines alone, so I have tried most of these rides. The only ones I refuse to try are Astro Orbiter (fear of heights); Tower of Terror (dislike of drops); and Mission Space Orange (nausea). Of all the ones I tried, the only one I will never do again is E:E because of the drops. I surprised myself by enjoying all the rest (although you may have heard me screaming my lungs out throughout all the rides! LOL). So real mad hatter, there is hope for you yet - and if you decline, continue to enjoy all the rest that WDW has to offer!

The Empress Lilly

Sometimes Kali, when it would be inconvenient to get soaked. To be honest, apart from the 'who'll get soaked' aspect, I find the ride pretty short and dull, so there is not that much incentive to ride to begin with.

Fear of getting soaked means I sometimes avoid Atlantis at Sea World and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls at IoA.

I love these rides at the end of the day, or when it doesn't matter how I smell an hour later. :lookaroun

The Empress Lilly

Mission: Space orange is awesome! You are missing out if you skip it!

How to do it:
- don't be claustrophobic. Else don't bother.
- always keep your head straight, looking forward.
- keep your eyes open at all times.
- when in doubt, look directly above the screen. That way, you avoid the moving image, but you still have your eyes open and you look forward.

These tips were the golden onces for me, they helped me enjoy the ride, and I now I thoroughly enjoy M:S, without any nausea. :cool:

real mad hatter

The Magic!

And your going to WDW why??? :lol:

Oh you don't get it do you?When Walt decided to build this wonderful world,he didn't think,"now what can I do to make people vomit,nausette,back injuries,etc,etc,"The reason I visit WDW is to escape this real world of violence,depression,hunger,wars,etc,etc.If I wanted to be tossed upside down,plummet downwards,twirl round about,etc,etc,then I'd look for a adventure holiday somewhere else.Iam glad there's lots of people who enjoy these attractions at WDW. Gives me more space to enjoy the real magic of Disneyworld.:sohappy:

The Empress Lilly

Oh you don't get it do you?When Walt decided to build this wonderful world,he didn't think,"now what can I do to make people vomit,nausette,back injuries,etc,etc,"The reason I visit WDW is to escape this real world of violence,depression,hunger,wars,etc,etc.If I wanted to be tossed upside down,plummet downwards,twirl round about,etc,etc,then I'd look for a adventure holiday somewhere else.Iam glad there's lots of people who enjoy these attractions at WDW. Gives me more space to enjoy the real magic of Disneyworld.:sohappy:
I've done a million trips to WDW when Space and Thunder were the only thrill rides on property. This was the reality of WDW for the first half of its existence. Wonderful decades, a beautiful Disney World, that felt as if it had unlimited offerings.

UPbeekeeper

Mission: Space and The Tea Cups.

I've given both a try but they make me dizzy and sick to my stomach. I used to be able to ride just about any ride and have no fear of heights or speed, but as I've gotten older, I am really prone to motion sickness. :cry: Hate, hate, hate that I can't do what I used to do. Gonna try some motion sickness meds next trip and see if it helps at all.

real mad hatter

Each to their own!

I've done a million trips to WDW when Space and Thunder were the only thrill rides on property. This was the reality of WDW for the first half of its existence. Wonderful decades, a beautiful Disney World, that felt as if it had unlimited offerings.

Hmm,One million trips,space and thunder the only thrill rides eh,wonderful decade,well that makes me feel awesome,here's me thinking cos I only found this magical place eight years ago that I've missed all those years of magic.Like I say in life,everyone to their own,terrible if we all liked the same resort hotel and ate at the same restaurants,done the same attractions,enjoy whatever,as long as your happy.:sohappy:

NiarrNDisney

Dinosaur - I don't like how the vehicles toss you around it upsets my stomach.

Mission Space - Orange need I say more

Soarin - Because I'm impatient so waiting in line is just not happening and by the time I get there all the Fastpasses are gone or the return time is really late.

acishere

Small World because the last few times I rode the boats piled up and we were on there for about 10 minutes longer than I can take that song. Though to be fair I'm sick of the song 30 seconds in.

I usually skip the movies in World Showcase because of time constraints mixed with low interest.

I skip the spinners because waiting 40 minutes to slowly move in a circle not that far off the ground just doesn't seem worth it. If I have kids I'd ride it, but until then I'll skip them.

The Tomorrowland Speedway because after you get a driver license I don't see what is so fun about pretending to drive a car on a fixed track.

Stitch because of chili burps

The Empress Lilly

Hmm,One million trips,space and thunder the only thrill rides eh,wonderful decade,well that makes me feel awesome,here's me thinking cos I only found this magical place eight years ago that I've missed all those years of magic.Like I say in life,everyone to their own,terrible if we all liked the same resort hotel and ate at the same restaurants,done the same attractions,enjoy whatever,as long as your happy.:sohappy:
I meant to say that I can totally understand why you would love a WDW holiday without doing any thrill rides whatsover.

For the first half of its existence WDW, before Splash and the big thrill rides of the 90s and 00s were added, WDW had only two, or even only one or nil thrill rides. Yet we all loved it! By which I mean that thrill rides are not essential to a fulfilling Disney holiday!

(not that I could do without my thrills...:D)

The Empress Lilly

I'd rather be super-glued inside a teacup for a day than sit through another 5 minutes of Captain EO
Me I'd rather be super-glued right next to you on the Teacups than spend a day on an all-expenses paid luxury yacht in the Mediterranean, sipping cocktails while slaves feed me grapes and wave palm leaves to keep me cool.

I shall never tire of the teacups! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom