Ride Ruiners

Communicore

Original Poster
I'm currently at the EMH (which does not feel like it) and just got out of HM. In the stretching room, some guy decided to do a word for word impression of the Ghost Host, much to the frustration of the guests. If it was your first time and probably only time riding this, wouldn't you get ticked as well if doneone were to ruin the experience?

BrittanyRose428

Flash pictures are the worst. It doesn't even make sense to me why someone would take pictures with the flash on in a dark ride because 99.9% of the time the pictures would look better without the flash anyways.

EvanAnderson

Haha, I was in Mansion once, and two girls somehow knew how the open the other wall (the one that opens once everything happens and such) and they opened it early. The Cast Member went out (the rest of the room followed, sheep people) but I stayed back to watch, and the CM brought the 2 girls back and had them sit through the room again haha.

Pooh Lover

I hear you. No matter how many times I've been on a ride or seen a show, its still one of my major pet peeves when someone talks, takes flash pictures or kicks the back of my seat. Getting over my fear of flying was easy compared to getting over rude people. :fork:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The irony of this, of course, is that you can't blame this on the annoying "average guests" or Brazilian tour groups. The people responsible for this are the "fans" who ride the attractions a lot.

Mr Bill

Flash pictures on dark rides are t he worst, especially since most of the people doing it either don't have the right equipment or enough knowledge of their equipment to get good pictures out of it anyway

Kids who constantly have to jump around and grab at the 3-D stuff. Quit trying to get the jewels Ariel throws, you're never going to and you're hitting me in the back of the head!

WDWGoof07

I'm currently at the EMH (which does not feel like it) and just got out of HM. In the stretching room, some guy decided to do a word for word impression of the Ghost Host, much to the frustration of the guests. If it was your first time and probably only time riding this, wouldn't you get ticked as well if doneone were to ruin the experience?
I noticed this happening, not all the time, but too frequently for comfort, on my last trip to DLR, and it was usually more than one person. I can't recall when, if ever, it was ever an issue for me at WDW, but I do agree that it is distracting. DLR was also where I was subjected to something like this, which irritated me.

And then there are the loud, chatty people and flash picture takers, which you get just about everywhere. :fork:

Scuttle

Can't stand ride ruiners. Why do people have to be so obnoxious? Why can't people just sit there and soak it in, especially at the MK?

Krack

I noticed this happening, not all the time, but too frequently for comfort, on my last trip to DLR, and it was usually more than one person. I can't recall when, if ever, it was ever an issue for me at WDW, but I do agree that it is distracting. DLR was also where I was subjected to something like this, which irritated me.

And then there are the loud, chatty people and flash picture takers, which you get just about everywhere. :fork:

It's true. I'm a huge "Disneyland over WDW" proponent, but this is one of the biggest counter-arguments. The hardcore fanbase (which makes up a much larger portion of the Anaheim crowd) is self-absorbed and would recite every spiel in the park if people didnt give them dirty looks ... and most times, they dont even care if they are getting dirty looks.

I can do without the Maynard theatrics too.

EDIT: Here's a good rule of thumb ... every single showing of every single attraction is somebody's first time (and perhaps, last and only time). So if you are altering the presentation, you are being selfish and screwing the experience for someone else. Don't be selfish.

Tom Morrow

Note to everyone (probably not you guys, though):

No matter how funny or clever you think you are for screaming when the lights go out in the HM stretch room or ToT library, or shouting "THE GIFT SHOP!!!" when Rod Serling says "because this elevator leads directly to:...." you are annoying and 10 people have probably done it before you that hour alone.

Spike-in-Berlin

I already experienced several times that not one but several people do this in the stretching room. As long as it is only for a few words I find it quite funny, proves the cult qualities of the ride. It's a little like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Especially "No windows and no doors" and "Of course there is always my way" is often spoken simultaneously. But one person doing an entire Ghost host narration would be really plain annoying.

captainkidd

The irony of this, of course, is that you can't blame this on the annoying "average guests" or Brazilian tour groups. The people responsible for this are the "fans" who ride the attractions a lot.

I wouldn't say it's just Brazilians. I'd say it's newer guests, specifically those that don't speak English. People who ride a lot usually have enough common sense and consideration not to ruin the ride for everyone else.

captainkidd

Kids who constantly have to jump around and grab at the 3-D stuff. Quit trying to get the jewels Ariel throws, you're never going to and you're hitting me in the back of the head!

I don't have a problem with that. Then again, I have twin 4 year olds. They think it's real. They're not ruining anyone's experience consciously.

The Mom

Premium Member
I wouldn't say it's just Brazilians. I'd say it's newer guests, specifically those that don't speak English. People who ride a lot usually have enough common sense and consideration not to ruin the ride for everyone else.

The newer guests or people who don't speak English are repeating the ride narration word for word? :shrug: That was the OP's complaint.

I can understand your statement applying to flash photography, though. And I've found that some people who are frequent flyers repeat the narration to show others that they are "in the know" while others who talk through the whole ride/attraction are frequent guests who are not that interested in the ride anymore.

captainkidd

The newer guests or people who don't speak English are repeating the ride narration word for word? :shrug: That was the OP's complaint.

I wasn't replying to the OP, I was replying to Nick A when he said "The irony of this, of course, is that you can't blame this on the annoying "average guests" or Brazilian tour groups. The people responsible for this are the "fans" who ride the attractions a lot."

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't have a problem with that. Then again, I have twin 4 year olds. They think it's real. They're not ruining anyone's experience consciously.

I agree that, IMO, it's cute when they do this. The intention of the 3-D attractions at WDW is to make you believe that something is real, and that you can actually touch it. Sometimes, children are the only ones who can let this happen. More power to them for feeling the magic.

Complaining about it is like going to a comedy show and complaining that someone is laughing too loudly. They are doing exactly what the performer wants them to do, even if it can be annoying to the person next to them.

The Mom

Premium Member
I wasn't replying to the OP, I was replying to Nick A when he said "The irony of this, of course, is that you can't blame this on the annoying "average guests" or Brazilian tour groups. The people responsible for this are the "fans" who ride the attractions a lot."

I believe his post was responding to the OP's complaint about people repeating the spiels - they are not tour groups or first time guests. I'll ask him. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom