Ride References in New Pirates Movie

PurpleDragon

shoppingnut said:
I think in the third movie we are going to see Davy Jones step on land which he is allowed to do once every 10 years. I also need to see the movie again since there was so much going on it was hard to catch everything.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!------------------------------

I believe he said he could not go on land for the better part of a decade, which is why he sent his crew on land after Jack rather than going himself. Which means he may have been on land just prior to that time, so its possible that the 3rd movie will reveal what he came on land for. I dunno.

Also for those who were confused on Bootstraps reason for promising his soul to Davey Jones. When Barbossa strapped him to a cannon and dumped him into the abyss, the crushing pressure of the depths caused him terrible pain, but he could not die. So rather that spend eternity in sheer agony, he figured service to Davey Jones was the lesser of 2 evils.

MichelleBelle

Oh man, this thread has made me want to go see it again to search for all the little things I missed!! A lot of people that I know have seen it have only had one complaint - that it was confusing. I know I was a little confused in parts, but I think that some things happened fairly quickly (as to fit everything in), so if you didn't catch it you might have been a little lost. This thread has actually helped me appreciate the movie more, so thanks!

SPOILERS:::::

Even though a few parts made me :veryconfu , I thought the overall plot was brilliant. I loved the way it kept getting worse and worse, haha... Will had to find Jack to get his compass to save Elizabeth, Jack had to send Will to get the key so he could find Davy's heart, then Elizabeth ended up going after Will and all the while everyone had their own sort of sub-story going on. I LOVED that all the original people/characters were back and I think they did a great job as far as sequels go. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next!!

bucklmd

T-1MILLION said:
As for all pirate lore....Davy Jones always had power. He is immortal. He is basicly when it comes down to it, the Pirate's version of Poseidon. Same exact character. God of the seas that can control the Kraken. Not sure how the movie is going to play it but that is how it is in pirate lore. If a pirate says that "He are going to send ya to davy jones" that would mean he is going to sink you and have you die at the bottom of the ocean, meet davy jones.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER---------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

in response to Jimbojones if you want to know what comes after the credits.

After the credits a tribal dance appears to be going on with heavy beating drums from the cannibal island and natives dancing..as the camera pans you then see the dog that usually has the keys with a nice juicy (and you have to assume human) bone in his mouth. So basicly he was on the throne and the new god of the island and it goes to black after the last beat of the drum........kind of makes you feel bad for what could happen to the dog when it comes time to do the sacrafice of the flesh eh? haha. I am sure he will find a way to get out of it. Dog seems to be the smartest character of the cast most of the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the explanation. And all this time I just thought he was that fun-loving guy from the Monkees!! Quite the opposite now.

SPOILERS!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!

I just can not get over the ending!! I have been troubled by it since I left last night. It's like my movie experience was going great and then BAM!, our beloved Captain Jack doesn't return? I'm calling a foul on that one. I feel like I was robbed of a complete movie. Savvy? :animwink:

So when does the 3rd movie come out? I'm going to be stressing over this until then.

New2WDW

This is a great thread! I had many of the same questions but no one to ask.
I do agree with all about the movie filling a gap between Black Pearl and the third movie. Just like all movies that have that middle child syndrome - no certain purpose other than came after the first with introductions and before the last with conclusions!

Could be spoiler info mate...so beware ye!

- I missed the credits but I figured the dog would show up again!
- I understood Jack's debt to be that he was to be a Captain. Because Davey Jones talked with him about this and said his time was up and Jack replied that he was really only a Captain 2 years (due to mutiny) and Davey Jones said but you have referred to yourself as CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow!
- Kracken/Leviathan = same? Well, the description of the Leviathan in the Book of Job in the Bible does not align with the Octopuss look of this movie so I would have to say they are two seperate creatures and that no one can hurt the Leviathan according to the same passage in Job Chapter 40.
- I picked up on the ring Jack stole as well as the heart pendant on the Spooky ladies table when Jack took the ring which leads me to one of my two big questions......

1) There was talk about Davey Jones being in love and something about his love leaving or dying or something and that is why his heart is in the chest (I could not hear that part very well) and after seeing this voo doo lady and the same kinda charm on her table that Davey had and that was on the chest - is she the one spoken about?

2) Jack also spoke before entering the Voo Doo ladies shack about they were partners or something. Did anyone catch that in more detail?

I definitely need to go see it again, but overall I loved just seeing the continuation of these characters

New2WDW

O'Yeah, I almost forgot..... WHY is the Monkey still dead/alive if the curse was removed? and also does anyone have any idea how Barbosa lived after being shot?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Barbossa didn't live -- he came back from the dead at the World's End.... which is why he is leading the search for Jack.

Buried20KLeague

New2WDW said:
This is a great thread! I had many of the same questions but no one to ask.

1) There was talk about Davey Jones being in love and something about his love leaving or dying or something and that is why his heart is in the chest (I could not hear that part very well) and after seeing this voo doo lady and the same kinda charm on her table that Davey had and that was on the chest - is she the one spoken about?

Davey Jones' pain was so great when he lost his love that he cut his own heart out and put it in the chest...

Seeing the charm in Tia Dalma's shack that matched the lock on the chest tells me that Tia Dalma was somehow involved in the process for Davey Jones... Makes good sense... Voodoo chick helps Davey Jones remove his heart because it's too painful. Plus her shack would be accessible to him because Sparrow and gang took boats to get there... No land was required to get to her shack.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
mhead said:
Most people leaving the theater were complaining and talking of how it was not nearly as good as Curse of the Black Pearl.

This type of comment always makes me laugh. Your typical theater holds how many hundred people? On top of that, most theaters these days have at least two exits, so theoretically, 50% of the audience exited a different way than you did. Yet you can state that "MOST people leaving the theater were complaining and talking of how it was not nearly as good as Curse of the Black Pearl"??? Is it possible we're exaggerating just a tad, and perhaps you might have heard maybe one or two people saying that (out of a few hundred)? :rolleyes:

T-1MILLION

JimboJones123 said:
Barbossa didn't live -- he came back from the dead at the World's End.... which is why he is leading the search for Jack.

My sister thinks that Tia Dalma(voo doo lady) did not mean barbossa when she said you will need someone who has already been to the ends of the earth. She thinks that she may have meant the monkey.:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

IT craked me up and I told her that she was stupid to think that..but then if she is right about that. I am gonna feel pretty stupid.:lol:

As for the monkey, it can be easily explained after the credits from the first film.:wave:

scubasteve920

The joys of working at a movie theater!!! i have seen the movie 4 times already and plan of seeing it again!!! i think the movie is perfect and that it really gets you exicited for the third one. someone above mentioned that Davy Jones doesnt know where his heart is but that is a lie. He knows exactly where it is becaue he tells his crew to head to the island its on because "its no longer safe". if anybody would like me to go back and check sections out for them to pick up on things, just leave me a message or respond on this thread and ill do my best!

New2WDW said:
I thought it was all about Leverage! :lol:

Hah, yeah, if they were the same bars from the first movie just apply the right amount of leverage and they'll pop right off.
But I'm pretty sure good ol' Weatherby just opened the door. I don't remember if there was a key or anything. I'll go check it out for a third viewing tonight.

mhead

CHAPPS said:
This type of comment always makes me laugh. Your typical theater holds how many hundred people? On top of that, most theaters these days have at least two exits, so theoretically, 50% of the audience exited a different way than you did. Yet you can state that "MOST people leaving the theater were complaining and talking of how it was not nearly as good as Curse of the Black Pearl"??? Is it possible we're exaggerating just a tad, and perhaps you might have heard maybe one or two people saying that (out of a few hundred)? :rolleyes:

Well as the owner of the local theater is my best friend I often help him out by talking with people as they leave the theater in order to decide if the movie should remain in the largest house for the remainder of the week or move to one of the smaller houses to make room for something that may be more popular. That being said - the house in which DMC was playing here holds 248 people - only 133 were in attendance that night (Sunday)- there are two exits - he manned one exit along with two employees I the other with two employees; we asked their quick opinion of the film. We tallied the responses given and of those we had no one that hated it - 61 that said it was ok - 67 said it was good and before you say it we did miss 5 people apparently as they were leaving - but the last question asked if it was as good as the first POTC and 78 said no.

Does that give you a better indication of what I was talking about? Or do you need a faxed copy of the results?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I was on Jim Hill, they have Casting info for Pirates 3 and the Teaser poster. No word on when the sheet will hit the local cinamaplex. But if you have strange amputations -- you are encouraged to apply.

Buried20KLeague

scubasteve920 said:
The joys of working at a movie theater!!! i have seen the movie 4 times already and plan of seeing it again!!! i think the movie is perfect and that it really gets you exicited for the third one. someone above mentioned that Davy Jones doesnt know where his heart is but that is a lie. He knows exactly where it is becaue he tells his crew to head to the island its on because "its no longer safe". if anybody would like me to go back and check sections out for them to pick up on things, just leave me a message or respond on this thread and ill do my best!

I don't agree. He knows his key is missing... So he went where he buried the chest for safekeeping... Pulls up to the island, sees the Black Pearl run aground, knows the key and chest are located in the same place with Sparrow and Turner (who he knows has the key), and sends his goons to get one or both back.

He does NOT have a "sixth sense" about where the heart is located, because once his goons had the chest, he had no idea the heart wasn't in it till he opened it. He opened it, and yelled out "SPARROW!!!!"... And then began chasing after Sparrow. SPARROW DIDN'T HAVE THE HEART, as Jones incorrectly assumed. The Commodore slipped from the island back to the city to deliver the heart... With no challenge from Jones.

He doesn't have the ability to "sense" the location of the heart.

And the statement "someone above mentioned Davey Jones doesn't know where his heart is but that is a lie" might be a bit harsh wording. It might have been a little more polite to say "is incorrect" based on what you believe. :wave:

darthjohnny

T-1MILLION said:
The song was kind of in the first. It was referenced when Jack and Liz were on the island and she sang a few lines of the chorus and then again when jack says the last line of the movie.

The auction wenches have been referenced in both films...Scarlet was the one that gave a slap to jack in one scene in the first..and she makes a similar appearence with fellow wench in the second one.

So then A Pirates's Life For me is in the movie. I realize that Scarlett is the redhed, even in the same red dress, but I would like to see the actual scene, maybe with Elizabeth Swan being auctioned off.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
mhead said:
Well as the owner of the local theater is my best friend I often help him out by talking with people as they leave the theater in order to decide if the movie should remain in the largest house for the remainder of the week or move to one of the smaller houses to make room for something that may be more popular. That being said - the house in which DMC was playing here holds 248 people - only 133 were in attendance that night (Sunday)- there are two exits - he manned one exit along with two employees I the other with two employees; we asked their quick opinion of the film. We tallied the responses given and of those we had no one that hated it - 61 that said it was ok - 67 said it was good and before you say it we did miss 5 people apparently as they were leaving - but the last question asked if it was as good as the first POTC and 78 said no.

Does that give you a better indication of what I was talking about? Or do you need a faxed copy of the results?

Theaters determine which house to play a movie in by the number of ticket sales, not by interviewing everyone coming out of the theater. That would take forever. Do you honestly think anyone is going to believe that you and your friend had time to individually get the opinions of 133 people as they were exiting a movie theater??:rolleyes:

CoffeeJedi

was it my imagination, or did the music box play a version our beloved theme song?

and, if you stay through the credits, listen carefully to the music. there's one piece (a friend says the soundtrack lists it as Two Hornpipes (Tortuga) but i haven't listened to the cd yet) which follows the basic structure. you can even sing the words along and it fits together perfectly

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom