Ride References in New Pirates Movie

browniebee

T-1MILLION said:
not a ride reference but did anyone notice a very close resemblance to Star wars??? Empire strikes back in particular.

Yeah. Especially with a cliffhanger ending. In ESB we had to wait for RotJ to see if Han would come back, and Darth Vader/Emporer Palpatine defeated, and now we have to wait to see if:

Spiolers:

Will and Elizabeth save Jack and Davy Jones is defeated

End of Spoilers

Miss Bell

I think it would have been hard to do too many more ride references, since they did so many in the first movie. I loved the end, and am glad I only have to wait 1 year for the next one...of course Empire was always my favorite Star Wars movie, too. The new intro was awesome!

SPOILER ALERT:

If you don't know who the guy at the end was, I suggest re-watching the first Pirated movie again.

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
i know who the guy was from the first movie but i didn't know that the guy that was the fish guy with davy jones that was will turners father....is it the same guy? i know nothing about turner's father from the first one

Scar

PianoMan, no offense but have you really watched the first movie? It's pretty obvious the guy coming down the stairs is NOT Will Turner's father.

almandot

References i noticed:

• dog with the keys/jail scene was referenced several times
• the swamp was a nod to the blue bayou scene. all we needed was a banjo
• the guy being dunked in the well
• the pigs were back =D
• at one point a pirate gets handed a goat and it reminded me of the goat during the buy a wench scene

and this isn't from the ride per say.. but they travel to that island and fight on the mill... they just happened to travel across the river from new orleans square to Tom Sawyer's Island and were fighting on a nod to its mill =D (Which would make a very awesome alternate scene in Fantasmic when the Columbia ship is down ;D)

SpenceMan01

T-1MILLION said:
That was a great opening! I was suprised as it paned out to be the magic kingdom. That was coooooool!

at first I honestly said to myself.

"looks like polar express" but then I was like "AWESOME!" as I saw it show the castle. I was really thinking maybe they were trying to get the point across now that this was BASED OFF OF A THEME PARK ATTRACTION. Ha,
loved it.

do not forget about "Scarlett in the movie though, that itself is a ride reference."

I saw the city and the river along with the Pirate Ship and I was thinking Peter Pan, and then it zoomed out and I saw the flag and realized what I was watching. I was really impressed with it.

WRE4ever

T-1MILLION said:
::confused:
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS--------------------------------

Yes I instantly as well as many others thought the same thing. So it must be.

I know it is most likely not meant to be but to me, I kept thinking wow that cannibal island being in the movie and such a big part, How many ways or how many people are going to tie in the Jungle cruise in with Pirates now at WDW???:lol: :wave:

end of SPOILERS-----------------------------------------------------

STAY UNTIL AFTER ALL OF THE CREDITS.....I thought there was a little bit that was worth it.:sohappy:
:wave:

-Preston

i thought the same thing...very adventurelandesque

T-1MILLION

WRE4ever said:
i thought the same thing...very adventurelandesque

Ha thanks, I am not completley insane....yet. Also, with what almandot said. It is almost like they went all around the MK that would fit with the story! Ha.

I kind of fear a JC/potc tie in at WDW now! AHHH ha. It bascily is now. I know people are going to think that if they have seen Dead man's chest. Wow right next to pirates is the Cannibal island!

*thinks and hopes for a decent JC movie, but not so good that they drasticly change the ride* :lol:
:sohappy:

SpectroMan

I loved the new Disney opening. When it started off, I was wondering what was going on, and then when it move down onto land, and figured it out. It was nice to see them incoporate the three different designs of the castles in the parks, not just Sleeping Beauty's.

Spoiler.............

I have a feeling we will be seeing the dog again at the end of the world. Remember the extra scene in the first movie with the monkey, and it made for some fun in this movie.

imagineer boy

PianoManKD said:
i know who the guy was from the first movie but i didn't know that the guy that was the fish guy with davy jones that was will turners father....is it the same guy? i know nothing about turner's father from the first one

Okay, look. The guy who came down the stairs was...

( WARNING SPOILERS. HIGHLIGHT TO READ )

Captain Barbossa, the villain from the last movie. He did die in the last movie, but they will explain how he came back to life in the next movie.

But the guy coming down the stars was NOT Bootstrap Bill, Will Turner's father from the Flying Dutchman.

durangojim

If you want to see the scene with the guy being dunked in the well and the pirates sitting on top of each other firing guns, just put in DVD 2 of the 2 disc black pearl movie and choose deleted scenes, it is the second to last scene and they just took it from the black pearl and added it to dead man's chest. pretty cool though, but you can watch it again and again now.

What I thouroughly enjoyed was the few, subtle references to the first movie. I loved it when Jack called Will a unik (I know it's spelled wrong, it's not a word a spell often...), the eye jokes, the redhead slapping Will, and of course, the ending with the surprise appearance by... (everyone knows this already, I don't need to write it in). My favorite part of the whole movie was the PERFECT adlib by Johnny Depp when he added in the line "You smell funny...". What got the biggest reaction in the theatre I went to was the teaser for Transformers: The Movie. The theatre went nuts for that. All in all, it was one of the best movie-going experiences I have ever had and all I can say is this: May 25th, 2007 won't come soon enough...

popsicletrees

I caught all of the ride references. I wasn't disappointed that there weren't more. I did think there were some references to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Two instances come to mind: when the natives are chasing after Sparrow and the other pirates. They are chasing them with arrows and blowdarts. Also, the pirates escape into the water at that scene. Harrison escaped via a plane on the water. Also when the wheel ran over Sparrow it reminded me of the giant ball running over Jones in Raiders. Even though Jones didn't go through the ball, but it was probably best that way. Did anyone else think about this?

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Dead Man's Chest is like a hybrid of "Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom" and "The Empire Strikes Back" with an ending that left everyone in theather pumped for the next installment.

dbogue

ok, so a few things first off..... yes i do wish there were more ride references.......B. that opening was AMAZING! of course all my friends were lookin at me like....look at that disney geek.....C. I KNEW that the ending was gonna be a jaw dropper, two and three filmed at the same time....ring a bell? the matrix! jaw dropper at the end of reloaded....few months later.....revolutions, YUP i knew it.....but was REALLY surprised bout that at the same time...ummmm so yeah really good movie.

T-1MILLION

Lewis Carroll said:
Dead Man's Chest is like a hybrid of "Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom" and "The Empire Strikes Back" with an ending that left everyone in theather pumped for the next installment.

I said the exact same thing about the Empire Strikes back on the first page of this thread! HA.

It did not really end on a down note per se...but it left on an unfinsihed one.. just like the Empire Strikes Back did...and you want to see the good guys win as soon as possible!!

I also seemed to catch a star Wars type feferences in the film.

"you will come to my side" --Davy Jones. I was like..whoa star wars.

I would say nothing more than a coincidence but seeing that Lucas and industrial light and magic both worked on it......well you decide. Ha.

-Preston

THECARISMINE

PianoManKD said:
i know nothing about turner's father from the first one

In the first one you know his father was alive because he was cursed by the gold but what always bothered me till after I saw it was that they never explianed why they couldn't go buack and get him to break the curse in the first place its because he was gone already... right? well thats wat I think anyway in any case I loved the movie saw it 2 time so far lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom