Ride References in New Pirates Movie

IcicleM

LAME?! And hey... I like It's A Small World... I don't think that one is lame, either. Gosh, some of these... no... almost ALL of these Review Writers are SO ignorant. Dang...

Gorjus

very late opinion

I finally saw the movie. Yea, Yea, Yea, I know:brick: :hammer: Late.

After reading this thread, I thought I'd lend a female perspective to Elizabeth's behavior and the behavior of the compass.

As a woman, she was engaged and moments from being married, and hours from having her marriage consumated. So for days, weeks she had been gearing up for the consumation and looking forward to it, emotionally and physically. And then it was taken away from her, leaving her ... frustrated :D (note her comment to Will from her prison cell). So when she joins forces with Jack, a man she has flirted with in the past and who has flirted with her, the flirting continues. In the first movie, she was in control of herself. The difference this time is that all her switches were on, but her outlet had been removed. :cry: So while the compass may have pointed to Jack occaisionally, it was more pointing at the best option for satisfying her needs at that moment than it was pointing to Jack specifically. If Will had been there, it would have pointed at him because she loves him. However, what she wanted most during some of those moments with the compass was to have her physical desires met, even more than finding Will. However, finding Will won out, because while she may be attracted to Jack, she is in love with Will.:king:

And her kiss with Jack was a combination of really trying to save the majority while also curious about what kissing Jack would be like.:kiss:

This is my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom