Ride References in New Pirates Movie

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I was just looking at Thursday's numbers... and $250 by the end of the weekend looks like it will happen. This thing could topple $350 mil before the end of the month. That's some really special company up there. $405 would put it at number 6 -- in less than a month. There is still another month of summer left after that! There doesn't look to be another blockbuster out there, unless Talladega Nights pulls them in. There won't be anywhere left for three to go but disappoint if they get over $450-$500 mil.

I finally saw the movie. I have to say I enjoyed it, but I wasn't THRILLED with it.
Basically the PoTC ride is a ride that shows the life of a pirate. This second movie moved away from the life a pirate would experience and became a mythological fairy tale instead of a pirate movie. The first movie had lots of dead guys and skeletons...you know, pirate stuff. The baddies in this movie were mostly weird hybrid creatures with super powers. And the intro of the Kraken, Davey Jones (posidien), strange candle people in the swamp and witches just continued the mythology genre.

I guess I would like to see the writers actually RIDE THE RIDE again before they get the last one completely finished and make a pirate movie instead of Clash of the Titans.

Also, the action scenes were good, but they just seemed to go on and on and on, just to make the movie longer. Plus, we waited for the scene after the credits. Funny, but hardly worth the wait.

That's my take

metscool

Hey. I have been thinking about the ending. What happens to the small person? He is on the boat when they leave the Black Pearl. Then at the final scene he is not there. So where is he.

T-1MILLION

metscool said:
Hey. I have been thinking about the ending. What happens to the small person? He is on the boat when they leave the Black Pearl. Then at the final scene he is not there. So where is he.

ah you are refering to Marty....he is probably there...just out of the camera's sight? He may not have come in Tia Dalma's shack. Someone has to be a look out.:wave:

Good point none the less.

I was still struck by a few plotholes from the first film. Ha. ya just can not take the films to seriously I guess...but it sure is fun to analyze them eh? :lol: :wave:

-Preston

FigmentJedi

Finding that leaked script for Pirates 3 online (though I'm not linking and it's only a first draft that's had some great amount of changes since), there's a pretty awesome nod to the ride in there as the crew led by Barbossa goes over the edge of the world. Barbossa actually quotes the ride a bit, including the "this be the last friendly words you hear, you may not survive" thing and the ship goes down as the ghostly singing of Yo Ho that used to be in the caves is heard as the ship finds itself in Davy Jones Locker, which is some sort of Purgatory beach with lots of weird crabs. Of course, this is probably gone now, but who knows? It would be frickin' awesome if they did it.

JeffH

One last change to Pirates is needed...

Right after the Davy Jones waterfall, they should update the beach scene to include the open treasure chest, and the open chest with DJs heart beating in it...and include a heavy thumping hearbeat as you go by. This would increase the tension in the air just before you plummet down into the city.
~~~~
Just saw Pirates the second time and the last show was packed (we had to sit in the front row (ouch my neck)). Cars was also sold out.
Made a lot more sense the 2nd time out, but one thing still didn't make much sense.
In the end...with the black mark, the Kraken was after Jack, right? So when he abandoned the ship, THAT actually would have been the "good" thing to do...to draw the Kraken away from the ship and his friends (although it could be said that the Kraken was also after the ship, since it was part of the deal). But they (the writers and Liz) treated it as if he was a traitor, and his coming back was the heroic thing to do...gee, even Liz said as she shackled him to the mast, that the beast was after HIM.
From what I gather, the Kraken either goes after the nearest ship (when called), or after someone with the black mark on their palm (like Jack has most of the movie, that's why he keeps to the shallows). I would think that the black mark would take preference over the Black Pearl?

Jerriko

If I do recall....The Kraken was told to destroy the ship. After that was done, it would have gone after jack right away as he had the black mark. So if Jack leaving wouldn't have saved the ship. Jack came back to allow everyone time to escape the ship before it was destroyed (the heroic part). But was then left on the boat. Allowing everyone else to leave untouched as both things the kracken was after are gone.

Ok that was longer then I expected...hope it makes sense

Chris

Rosenrot

Personally, I was just pleased when the Governer broke the candlestick off the wall in the jail just as Will did in his mansion in the first movie.

Little things like that are really what made the movie.

And the score was absolutely amazing...Hans Zimmer has done it again.

Rosenrot said:
Personally, I was just pleased when the Governer broke the candlestick off the wall in the jail just as Will did in his mansion in the first movie.

Little things like that are really what made the movie.

And the score was absolutely amazing...Hans Zimmer has done it again.

Hans Zimmer "did it again" because the Pirates 2 score is the Gladiator one re-cycled! I love Hans but it was just GLadiator again... sorry.

T-1MILLION

I have an idea for a wdw pirates reference for the third film in case anyone wants to read it. here it goes.

I was thinking maybe having Pintel and Ragetti playing chess in certain scenes of the movies when they are bored or something and having one of them comment on how it is a "stale mate"

Pintel-its a stale mate good game chap

Ragetti-no its not a stale mate you can still move

Pintel-how can I move then?

Ragetti- I am not going to tell you, I want to win!

Pintel- I can not move stale mate ol' chap. No possible win of either of us

Ragetti- I am not leaving this spot until you move where you can move

Pintel--but I can not move any of my pieces anywhere that is the problem!

Ragetti-I will wait here until I am a skeleton if I have to.

Pintel- me too then

something like that. It would be of course refering to the stale mate chess playing pirate skeletons in the queue for WDW.

Then for the last little end of the credits scene there could be.

Pintel--until we are's skeletons eh?

Ragetti-- yup

I do not know just came into my mind. It is always one of my favorite details in the pirate's queue line that the game is actually a stale mate. The way Ragetti was with the kraken terms it would make sense that he may be stubborn in that sense.:wave:

I fell dumb no but oh well.:hammer:

-Preston

imagineer boy

Julius & Boobah said:
Hans Zimmer "did it again" because the Pirates 2 score is the Gladiator one re-cycled! I love Hans but it was just GLadiator again... sorry.

I know some people have said this, but I really fail to see the similarities between Gladiator and POTC scores. Jack's enterance theme ( in the coffin and on the small sinking ship ) have some similarities in sound to the Gladiator theme, but other than that, I see no similarities. Composers do often use the same motifs and sounds in each of their scores, therefor, giving a similar sound in each movie.

metscool

T-1MILLION said:
ah you are refering to Marty....he is probably there...just out of the camera's sight? He may not have come in Tia Dalma's shack. Someone has to be a look out.:wave:

Good point none the less.
'
Thanks. But you do see him. I know that I am answering my own question on this. But I was cleaning theaters today and I had some time and was watching it very hard. After they said that they want to look for Jack or something like that. I look behind Tia Dalma. And he is there sit on something. But that was really bothering me.

T-1MILLION

metscool said:
'
Thanks. But you do see him. I know that I am answering my own question on this. But I was cleaning theaters today and I had some time and was watching it very hard. After they said that they want to look for Jack or something like that. I look behind Tia Dalma. And he is there sit on something. But that was really bothering me.

At least you found out!:wave:

YAYY another theater employee.

Rosenrot

Julius & Boobah said:

Oh, but Gladiator is my favourite movie, so I have no complaints. The beginning music with Elizabeth was very similar to his score from King Arthur as well. You can usually pick out his music fairly easy.

I did love the music box theme, though. Very beautiful.

bucklmd

potatoheadman said:
I finally saw the movie. I have to say I enjoyed it, but I wasn't THRILLED with it.
Basically the PoTC ride is a ride that shows the life of a pirate. This second movie moved away from the life a pirate would experience and became a mythological fairy tale instead of a pirate movie. The first movie had lots of dead guys and skeletons...you know, pirate stuff. The baddies in this movie were mostly weird hybrid creatures with super powers. And the intro of the Kraken, Davey Jones (posidien), strange candle people in the swamp and witches just continued the mythology genre.

I guess I would like to see the writers actually RIDE THE RIDE again before they get the last one completely finished and make a pirate movie instead of Clash of the Titans.

Also, the action scenes were good, but they just seemed to go on and on and on, just to make the movie longer. Plus, we waited for the scene after the credits. Funny, but hardly worth the wait.

That's my take

I agree with you 100%. I liked the movie, in fact, I have been trying to talk DH in seeing it again, but those Davey Jones servants were a little out there for me. It reminded me of Star Wars in the sea. That's just not really my thing, but to each his own!

As for the action scenes, I thought they were pretty long too. The sword fight on the island where the chest was took FOREVER, especially being toward the end - and after I had drank that huge Coke!!

One of my favorite things about this movie is the way Jack runs. I get a big kick out of him running with him arms sort of sticking out/straight up in the air. :lol: I just really can't get enough of this character. He ranks right up there with Forrest Gump as far as memorable and addictive.

bassman

i have finally seen the film and i was amazed by how good but long it was.
the long 3 person fight scene with jack,will and norrington was great especially with wheel.

once again there are some classic lines and moments by jack in pirates 2.
my favorites being the so well timed use of the word '' (sorry if i have offended anyone by actually typing it and not cencering it,i could think of how to put it in censors so that people knew what i was talking about)
for some reason it always m
made me laugh uncontrolably.
another classic scene is the one with bally cages when they are swinging them to get to the other side,the addition of the classical music just put me in histerics.

all in all i love the film and cant wait for the 3rd one,and it has even given me a phrase that i can use to describe my life.
elizabeth-"the time will come for you to do the right thing"
jack-"i love thosse moments......i like to wave at them as they pass by"
love it!:lol: thats me to a tee.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
metscool said:

You called him "the small person"

HAHAHAHAHA -- I'm still laughing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom