Ride References in New Pirates Movie

JimboJones123

Original Poster
metscool said:
Hey. I have been thinking about the ending. What happens to the small person? He is on the boat when they leave the Black Pearl. Then at the final scene he is not there. So where is he.

You called him "the small person"

HAHAHAHAHA -- I'm still laughing.

eroyee

:wave: Stayed for the little ending piece even after all those zillion credits and a big glass of pop. was really cute. loved the movie. Jack Sparrow is so funny.:lol:

tirian

Biggest plot hole that I hope the writers fix in the third movie:

Why Bootstrap Bill Turner had a part in stealing the Aztec gold and was subject to the same curse as Barbossa, yet almost died when thrown overboard and had to sell his soul to Davey Jones to escape death.

:veryconfu

Someone didn't read his own script.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
tirian said:
Biggest plot hole that I hope the writers fix in the third movie:

Why Bootstrap Bill Turner had a part in stealing the Aztec gold and was subject to the same curse as Barbossa, yet almost died when thrown overboard and had to sell his soul to Davey Jones to escape death.

:veryconfu

Someone didn't read his own script.
Very likely he sold his soul prior to the curse being lifted. I dont believe there is any indication of when Episode 2 happens in relation to Episode 1, other than its after Episode 1.

CoffeeJedi

tirian said:
he explained it when talking to Jack, he was being crushed by unbearable water pressure, and it was pitch black, but he couldn't die

he made the deal with Davey Jones to free himself of that hell

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you have not seen the movie, you may wish to skip this post.......

Two things:

1. Did anyone else catch the locket sitting on the ladys table? (I am not sure what her character was called in the movie, but the lady they go to that gives Jack the bottle of dirt). Some one asked me, and I had not paid attention, but supposidly it is the same as the one that Davy Jones has.

2. Was it just me, or did Capt Jack call Boot Strap Bill "Uncle" right before Bill dissappears off the Black Pearl.?

imagineer boy

hakunamatata said:
By far one of the best soundtracks in a while. I downloaded it to my Ipod. The Kracken is the best cut on the album.

Yeah, I LOVED the soundtrack. And I agree, the Kraken music is so awesome with the organ and electric guitars.

Rosenrot

imagineer boy said:
Yeah, I LOVED the soundtrack. And I agree, the Kraken music is so awesome with the organ and electric guitars.

Ha, yes, I must say when I was listening to it the first time with my friend, there was a moment of silence, and we both asked, "Electric guitars?!"

But I agree...they were a great addition, as was the classical music from the cannibal island.

bearboysnc

Can someone explain to me, if Capt Barbossa and crew are no longer "undead" and living as flesh and blood, why is the monkey from their ship still undead.

Jack gives the voodoo lady the "undead" monkey as a gift. Then proceeds to shoot it.

tigsmom

hakunamatata said:
Two things:

1. Did anyone else catch the locket sitting on the ladys table? (I am not sure what her character was called in the movie, but the lady they go to that gives Jack the bottle of dirt). Some one asked me, and I had not paid attention, but supposidly it is the same as the one that Davy Jones has.

2. Was it just me, or did Capt Jack call Boot Strap Bill "Uncle" right before Bill dissappears off the Black Pearl.?

1. We call her the Voodoo Queen (for lack of a better term) and yes, its the same musicbox/locket thing.

2. If that happened I missed that. There are too many things to be absorbed with just one viewing. I need to see it again.

tigsmom

bearboysnc said:
Can someone explain to me, if Capt Barbossa and crew are no longer "undead" and living as flesh and blood, why is the monkey from their ship still undead.

Jack gives the voodoo lady the "undead" monkey as a gift. Then proceeds to shoot it.

It sure looks like he is back to flesh & blood. The monkey may be too, he was "undead" when he gave her to the voodoo queen, but who know what she did?

Yen_Sid1

hakunamatata said:
Two things:

2. I thought I heard him call him "Uncle" also. So does that mean Jack and Will are cousins?

tigsmom

Yen_Sid1 said:
2. I thought I heard him call him "Uncle" also. So does that mean Jack and Will are cousins?

Was that when he went for the rum? *thinks back*

and yes, that would be their relationship.

metscool

hakunamatata said:
Two things:

Yea I said that samething back on post #147. But it is good to see that someone else beside myself that saw that. That would be a really good thing that nobody saw coming if Jack and Will are related.

T-1MILLION said:
::confused:
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS--------------------------------

Yes I instantly as well as many others thought the same thing. So it must be.

I know it is most likely not meant to be but to me, I kept thinking wow that cannibal island being in the movie and such a big part, How many ways or how many people are going to tie in the Jungle cruise in with Pirates now at WDW???:lol: :wave:

end of SPOILERS-----------------------------------------------------

STAY UNTIL AFTER ALL OF THE CREDITS.....I thought there was a little bit that was worth it.:sohappy:
:wave:

-Preston

What about the Octopus pulling down the ships.....20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?.............Hmmmmmm

hokielutz

bearboysnc said:

I had the same question about the Monkey... If you watch Curse of the Black Pearl all the way through the end of the credits... then you will see the monkey swimming into the treasure cave, climbs up to the cursed chest, and grabs one of the coins.
Thus he is instantly un-dead again. and anytime he is shot stabbed... etc.. no harm

How he got back on the Black Pearl with Jack again is a mystery.

hokielutz

hakunamatata said:
Very likely he sold his soul prior to the curse being lifted. I dont believe there is any indication of when Episode 2 happens in relation to Episode 1, other than its after Episode 1.

I think that it happened within a year of the end of Curse of the Black Pearl.

Jack made a deal with Davey Jones for the Black Pearl and 13 years in exchange for his soul at the end of the term. Jack claimed he was captain of the BP for 2 years before being mutinied. Now if you think back to the first POTC... it is said by Barbossa that Jack carried that Pistol for 10 years only to waste his shot.
So 2 yrs captain plus 10 years adrift after mutiny.. equals 12, give or take a half dozen months. So, I'd say somewhere around the 6 to 12 month timeframe since the end of the first movie.

DisneyCane

mhead said:
Well as the owner of the local theater is my best friend I often help him out by talking with people as they leave the theater in order to decide if the movie should remain in the largest house for the remainder of the week or move to one of the smaller houses to make room for something that may be more popular. That being said - the house in which DMC was playing here holds 248 people - only 133 were in attendance that night (Sunday)- there are two exits - he manned one exit along with two employees I the other with two employees; we asked their quick opinion of the film. We tallied the responses given and of those we had no one that hated it - 61 that said it was ok - 67 said it was good and before you say it we did miss 5 people apparently as they were leaving - but the last question asked if it was as good as the first POTC and 78 said no.

Does that give you a better indication of what I was talking about? Or do you need a faxed copy of the results?

WHAT????? Why would you survey people on SUNDAY to see what house a film should play in the rest of the week. Unless there is a holiday, nothing is going to need a bigger house Mon-thurs than it did on the weekend. And for the following week, you know Pirates will drop 40-60% no matter what the reaction is so you can figure out how big of a theatre it needs based on that. Then you see what the ticket sales end up being on Friday for Pirates and the new openers and determine if adjustment needs to be made for Saturday.

Rosenrot

bearboysnc said:

Watch after the credits on the first one. The monkey takes a peice of the gold, thus cursing itself again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom