Ride References in New Pirates Movie

zjer

mhead said:
But the whole compass thing bothers me - as in if it always points to the desires of the holders heart - it always points to jack when Elizabeth is holding it.

If it always points to Jack, then how did they find the chest? It will just spin if you "don't know what you want", as Jack found out. They not only went to the correct island, but right to the correct spot. I believe she knew what she wanted.

bucklmd

CoffeeJedi said:
she was disguised as a boy if you recall

Yes, I remember that, but it never showed her cutting her hair and since when do you have to get a mullet to disguise yourself as a guy? You just pile it on your head under your hat. :rolleyes: I was mainly joking anyway.

shoppingnut

bucklmd said:
Yes, I remember that, but it never showed her cutting her hair and since when do you have to get a mullet to disguise yourself as a guy? You just pile it on your head under your hat. :rolleyes: I was mainly joking anyway.

I know for the movie she had to have hair extension because she cut her hair for the Domino movie, so maybe they decided to work that to their advantage.

darthjohnny

I just saw the movie yesterday! It was awesome! But I don't understand some of the people's questions on this thread. All the answers were in the movie, like Jack got the compass from Tia, Bootstrap Bill made the deal with Davy Jones in order to break him free of the chains underwater, Jack is in debt with Davy Jones because Davy Jones raised the Black Pearl from the sea in order to make Jack captain. Sorry if this was already posted, I didn't want to read through all 145 threads. Did anyone notice that not only was the swamp scene a reference to the ride in Disneyland, I'm sure of, but it even had the little fireflies flying around the trees just like the ride! This movie had a well thought out and awesome ending. I can't wait to see the Third movie next year!

Yay! This my 250th post!

metscool

darthjohnny said:
I just saw the movie yesterday! It was awesome! But I don't understand some of the people's questions on this thread. All the answers were in the movie, like Jack got the compass from Tia, Bootstrap Bill made the deal with Davy Jones in order to break him free of the chains underwater, Jack is in debt with Davy Jones because Davy Jones raised the Black Pearl from the sea in order to make Jack captain. Sorry if this was already posted, I didn't want to read through all 145 threads. Did anyone notice that not only was the swamp scene a reference to the ride in Disneyland, I'm sure of, but it even had the little fireflies flying around the trees just like the ride! This movie had a well thought out and awesome ending. I can't wait to see the Third movie next year!

Yay! This my 250th post!
And if anyone saw this. I think that Tia has to do something with Davy Jones. If you look at the scene before she give the Jar of dirt to Jack. Jack pick something up off the table. There is a necklice. Does it look like the same one that Jones has in the organ scene. I notice this after the fourth time that I saw this
I hope that I didn't ruin it for anyone

CoffeeJedi

ok, just picked up the soundtrack today, figured out which song it is
Track 3, Davy Jones, both the music box and the heavy minor chorded section are loosely based on "Yo Ho Yo Ho", try singing along, the words fit almost perfectly

metscool

CoffeeJedi said:
ok, just picked up the soundtrack today, figured out which song it is
Track 3, Davy Jones, both the music box and the heavy minor chorded section are loosely based on "Yo Ho Yo Ho", try singing along, the words fit almost perfectly
I got it yesterday after I saw the movie for the fourth time. I just finished listening to it and it does not sound like "Yo Ho Yo Ho".

CoffeeJedi

metscool said:
I got it yesterday after I saw the movie for the fourth time. I just finished listening to it and it does not sound like "Yo Ho Yo Ho".
well, its WAAAAAAAAAY SLOWER
and it kinda goes down instead of up
and the phrases repeat differently
and.... and i'm grasping at straws here, huh? ok, i guess i'm only hearing what i want to?

but if you sing you: "yoooo hooooo yoooo hooooo... a pirate's life... for me... for me..... kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot, drink up me hearties yo hoooo yo hoooooo "(and repeat!) it fits! and sure... its not really the words.. but its based on it.....

yeah, i'm uh... i'm not gonna win this one, am i?

metscool

CoffeeJedi said:
but if you sing you: "yoooo hooooo yoooo hooooo... a pirate's life... for me... for me..... kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot, drink up me hearties yo hoooo yo hoooooo "(and repeat!) it fits! and sure... its not really the words.. but its based on it.....

yeah, i'm uh... i'm not gonna win this one, am i?
I'm sorry but I still don't hear it. But if you think about it why would Davy Jones be playing that song. Or have a locket that plays it.

CoffeeJedi

metscool said:
I'm sorry but I still don't hear it. But if you think about it why would Davy Jones be playing that song. Or have a locket that plays it.
well, it is supposed to be an old children's song... and all legends come from somewhere... and in this case, Davy Jones IS real... so you could easily connect Elizabeth's song back to the legend of Davy Jones. maybe the lyrics were added in later generations, and the tune got muddled somewhere along the line

at any rate, i'm stuck now, i'm going to keep hearing those skewed lyrics every time i listen to the tune

bucklmd

darthjohnny said:

Yay! This my 250th post!

I guess I'm being defensive here, but give us a break for asking questions!

erasure fan1

adamthegetupkid said:
What got the biggest reaction in the theatre I went to was the teaser for Transformers: The Movie. The theatre went nuts for that.

Well Transformers didnt get any real reaction in our theater, except me, I have not been this excited for a new movie in a LONG time. Its gonna ROCK! (I hope)

Anyway, I liked this movie as much as the first but in different ways. I did like the few things they put in from the ride I had hoped for a few more. I dont mind the cliffhanger ending because it gives you so much to talk about and speculate what will happen. my wife was way MAD at the ending though. The only part that I didnt like was I have to wait a year to see what happens!

metscool

I agree. The transformers trailer was Ok. And think that the movie would do good. All the people that like the TV show will go and see the movie. I think that the last movie trailer will do good. The Gardian looks really good.

darthjohnny

metscool said:
And if anyone saw this. I think that Tia has to do something with Davy Jones. If you look at the scene before she give the Jar of dirt to Jack. Jack pick something up off the table. There is a necklice. Does it look like the same one that Jones has in the organ scene. I notice this after the fourth time that I saw this
I hope that I didn't ruin it for anyone

Yeah, there is a heart necklace.

Since the plunder game online plays A pirates life for me it might just be what the organ plays in the movie. But I did try to hear the song, and it didn't really sound like it. I noticed there was a lot of music from the first movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom