Ride, Attraction, Resort, Restaraunt Merch...

matt88mph

The 3-D attractions (with the exception of Mickey's Philharmagic) are all lacking in merchandise. HISTA has absolutely nothing (except a pin), and there really isn't anything attraction-specific for Muppet*Vision 3-D. Hopefully that will change if Disney's plan to revive the Muppet franchise is successful.

Outside of that, I would have to say that I would also like to see CoP merchandise, considering that it has a very important place in Disney history. Maybe a hat, shirt, or even a poster would help (or some 1964-65 World's Fair patches?).

Mr.EPCOT, I am really digging your Design-a-Tee idea. Since it's not premade, you can appeal to the diehard fans and the casual visitors at the same time.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
What ride, attraction, resort, or restaraunt needs more merch, or better merch, or ANY merch at all?

I know for me I would LOVE to come home rocking a Le Celier T-Shirt, a mini snowglobe, or mug from the resort I stay in...

I would LOVE some better HM merch, or a COP shirt.

I agree to the HM merch - also TOT. And I would love some more muppets!! hee hee :ROFLOL:

I may be drifting a little bit here, but I thought I saw someone posted a picture of a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride t-shirt not that long ago. I thought it was awesome. I don't know if is a new "vintage" tshirt or if it was in fact a vintage tshirt, but I do know that stuff like that is really popular.
I fall into the category of the WDW-er who will probably like the new Tren-D shop. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disney World, but am not so in love with most of their adult merchandise. I like the Disney Couture stuff (when and if I can afford it), but would like to see the line or something similar expand to attraction based designs.
Just my 2 cents. :wave:

NewfieFan

There's a lot of great ideas in this thread! I'd buy a lot of the stuff mentioned here!

I can't find a Disney Bear anywhere (and I know they made them b/c I've seen pictures of them)... the only one I can find is "My first Disney Bear" and I just want a good 'ole fashion plain one!!! The story is so cute and my kids love the book!

I'd also like some nice IASW stuff. Again, my kids love this ride and the only thing I could find was a pin (not that child friendly)! A few t-shirt designs, a poster/wall hanging, snow globe, etc. The possibilities are endless here - are you listening Disney???

I could go on and on here... there's so much stuff that I looked for in the parks that I just couldn't fine. I tried to give Disney my money... but I guess they don't want it!?!:shrug:

goodtimes5286

The places that I feel that need the gift shops and stuff are the E-ticket attractions that dont have (and NEED) pictures. Big Thunder, SM (well this one needs an update b/c i go stright through it and i dont see anything futuristic), KRR, MJT, n PW, just to name a few.

Just thinking of ride pictures had made me think, Epcot and DHS really need some E-tickets. TT and MS, ToT, RnRC, n TSMM (not even a year old). The mountains, pirates, n HM are all in one PARK! Also just thinking, if AE comes back, imagin ride pictures on AE :ROFLOL:!

polynesiangirl

A couple of years ago on one of my trips I wanted to get a Space Mountain postcard to mail to a friend of mine (and it had to be specifically Space Mountain, because it's her favorite ride.) Before we left I even made a joke along the lines of "ooooh, I'm sure it'll be so hard to find a Space Mountain postcard in Disney World, ha ha ha..." I had no idea how true that statement would turn out to be!

They didn't (at least then, I guess I haven't looked recently,) have ANY Space Mountain postcards in the Space Mountain gift shop. I did end up finding one that came in a pack of MK postcards (in one of the shops on Main Street,) but I just could not believe how hard it was to find! Space Mountain is only one of Disney's most famous attractions EVER, you'd really think they would sell stuff like that. :veryconfu

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
it is kinda of comical almost that you can't find he most simple things from attractions. Like how isn't there a Buzz Space Ranger Spin shirt?

mickeymomnorth

As a Disney-newbie, I was very surprised by the lack of originality of the merchandise. It was pretty much the same stuff that Walmart had on sale...I for one wanted some retro stuff--I really wanted some place to purchase some of the movies that I remembered from when I was a kid (Witch Mountain, etc), but the only ones I could find were the newest releases. Blah. My husband wonders why Disney hasn't jumped onto the Build-a-Bear phenom...they could have a Build-a-Mickey with DisneyWorld clothing specific outfits...they'd make a mint!:p

NewfieFan

A couple of years ago on one of my trips I wanted to get a Space Mountain postcard to mail to a friend of mine (and it had to be specifically Space Mountain, because it's her favorite ride.) Before we left I even made a joke along the lines of "ooooh, I'm sure it'll be so hard to find a Space Mountain postcard in Disney World, ha ha ha..." I had no idea how true that statement would turn out to be!

They didn't (at least then, I guess I haven't looked recently,) have ANY Space Mountain postcards in the Space Mountain gift shop. I did end up finding one that came in a pack of MK postcards (in one of the shops on Main Street,) but I just could not believe how hard it was to find! Space Mountain is only one of Disney's most famous attractions EVER, you'd really think they would sell stuff like that. :veryconfu

Actually, there's a lack of postcards in general! I don't know if I was looking in the wrong places but I didn't see what I was looking for! I collect postcards and I wanted unique postcards that showed specific places, rides, shows, characters, etc. ... But there was nothing!!! It was the same generic castle or SSE postcards everywhere! I also wanted character postcards for the actual characters to autograph... but again came away empty handed! It can't be that expensive to produce postcards!?!

Little OT here... but one day while looking at the "Picture of the day" thread I thought to myself, "You know I'd love to have some of these pics on postcards!" There's a lot of great photographers on this site alone. It would be cool if Disney were to have like a photo contest and the winning shots would get turned into actual postcards for Disney. I'd buy 'em!!!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Actually, there's a lack of postcards in general! I don't know if I was looking in the wrong places but I didn't see what I was looking for! I collect postcards and I wanted unique postcards that showed specific places, rides, shows, characters, etc. ... But there was nothing!!! It was the same generic castle or SSE postcards everywhere! I also wanted character postcards for the actual characters to autograph... but again came away empty handed! It can't be that expensive to produce postcards!?!

Little OT here... but one day while looking at the "Picture of the day" thread I thought to myself, "You know I'd love to have some of these pics on postcards!" There's a lot of great photographers on this site alone. It would be cool if Disney were to have like a photo contest and the winning shots would get turned into actual postcards for Disney. I'd buy 'em!!!

There are a lot of places to get postcards but they are very grainy and cheap looking for the most part. The "chrome hologram" ones are cool but they could definatly be better.

I love what another poster here said...I want to give Disney my money but they dont want to take it.

pacochran

It's true there are a lot of popular rides that don't have much merchandise or giftshops.
As other have said HM, to me BTMRR at MK
At AK the safari seems to me would be a good place for merchandise.
At Epcost Test track it's giftshop is just GM, (maybe will change if GM is forced to drop sponsorship)

D23

After going to WDW so many times over the years, I gre annoyed with lack of good merch as well.

So over the last few years I created my own since my profession is Art Director / Senior Graphic Designer at an Advertising Agency.

Hence, I know how have Tees for:

Enchanted Tiki Room Logo Tee
Campy Grizzly Tee
20K Under the Sea
HM Tee (only have one single faded print of wallpaper on it)
Walt Disney signature
Mr Toad
and Space Mountain

All of them are done in the vintage ringer tee style. I love them and am trying to decide on which one to make for this years trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom