Rhino on the loose

DroPZ0nE25

Original Poster
Hey did anyone hear about the Rhino that just nearly missed the safari truck in the Animal Kingdom on the Safari Ride. My mom was on the ride and the rhino came dashing out of nowhere and almost hit the truck, it missed it about three feet. It wasnt near the Rhinoa area at alll, practically lost in the safari. has anyone heard or experienced this before?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I don't know why, but the title of this thread made me laugh.

I've never seen the rhinos on the safari be all that active. I wish they were though.

worthog352

no....havent had that experience but.......one time one of those weird gazzel or whatever they are called thingys came up and accidentally hit the vehicle with one of its horns .....it wasnt hard or anything though....more like a I DIDNT MEAN TO tap

imagineersrock

Hey did anyone hear about the Rhino that just nearly missed the safari truck in the Animal Kingdom on the Safari Ride. My mom was on the ride and the rhino came dashing out of nowhere and almost hit the truck, it missed it about three feet. It wasnt near the Rhinoa area at alll, practically lost in the safari. has anyone heard or experienced this before?
This happens to some of us several times... a day. ;)

It's nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure what you mean by "Rhino area" but I'm assuming you're talking about the Black Rhino area that you see during the very first part of the safari. Towards the end of the safari, there is a different group of rhinos... White Rhinos. The White Rhinos are completely free roaming in that area of the reserve, which includes the ability to come right up to (and sometimes charge) the vehicles.

I can assure you the rhino was not "lost," and what you're describing just sounds like an average day at Kilimanjaro Safaris. (Never a dull moment!)

See for yourself in this short video, right around 14 seconds you'll see some white rhinos right alongside the safari truck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQJpELwe6yU

the-reason14

Two occurrances happened. Once, a rhina was running as if it were running out of control and not knowing where it was going. Now this wasnt toward the truck, but as excited as the thing looked if it took a u-turned it would have made us in trouble.

Another occurance was a rhino simply reclining and laying on the road. I dont know what happened but as soon as we got to the other vehicle that was stalled, the rhino just got up and moved out of the way, almost as if the driver said, "Hey, you're in the way." And the rhino replied, "My bad."

MiceysBestPal

Yep.

We were near-missed rhino-charged on a trip in 2006.

The driver simply did not acknowledge it, so I assumed it must be rather commonplace.

Since then, I've read several posts about it.

No biggie, apparently.

sbkline

This happens to some of us several times... a day. ;)

It's nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure what you mean by "Rhino area" but I'm assuming you're talking about the Black Rhino area that you see during the very first part of the safari. Towards the end of the safari, there is a different group of rhinos... White Rhinos. The White Rhinos are completely free roaming in that area of the reserve, which includes the ability to come right up to (and sometimes charge) the vehicles.

That sounds kind of irresponsible on Disney's part, though. As mean as rhino's can be, one would think that this is a huge liability risk or something, having rhinos free roaming such that they can charge that truck anytime they want. What happens if one gets determined enough to actually do it? :lookaroun

Tigerdaly

That sounds kind of irresponsible on Disney's part, though. As mean as rhino's can be, one would think that this is a huge liability risk or something, having rhinos free roaming such that they can charge that truck anytime they want. What happens if one gets determined enough to actually do it? :lookaroun

WoW
You gotta be kidding.
Rhino's cant jump that high and it would take all the rhino's in the park to gang up and hit the same side of the lorry at the same time for them to tip it or cause damage.
As for liability.............what liability, I think its time to live dangerously.
Isn't that part of the exilleration of driving around WILD animals.

brkgnews

Besides, even if they could jump high enough to get in the vehicle, they wouldn't be able to steer it when they tried to drive away in it.
:lookaroun

CrashNet

With the stories I'm reading, it sounds like there is the possibility that a Rhino, or another animal, has in fact hit a vehicle before (charged it and hit it, not run over or anything). Anyone have a story like that?

mmr42

Man, I like the safari ride and all but kind of find it a little boring. I hardly see the animals move. I wish something more exciting would happen to me when I am there. Hopefully in 2 weeks they will be moving more!!!

PurpleDragon

I remember on at least 2 occasions where we had to stop for a couple of minutes because there was a rhino standing in the middle of the road.

rbrower

With the stories I'm reading, it sounds like there is the possibility that a Rhino, or another animal, has in fact hit a vehicle before (charged it and hit it, not run over or anything). Anyone have a story like that?
No animal has ever hit the car that I was in. However, one time we had to stop for about 10-15 minutes because I Giraffe started walking across the pathway and then stood there in front of our truck and wouldn't move.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom