Return of the original Tiki Room

Skyway

If the speculation is true that a Stitch AA would be removed from TL and moved to the Tiki Room, one big (multi-million dollar) question remains:

What will happen to the 2nd Stitch AA??

Want to start a riot? Tell the DL fans that Stitch #2 is moving to the California Tiki Room!

Spike-in-Berlin

I think I'd prefer the current version to a new version starring Stitch and lacking the theme song. :hurl:

The current, abominable version is already kind of lacking the theme song. I don't count the half of the first stanza with the extremely obnoxious Iago interrupting in a most agressive way. If Walt would still be alive he would have stopped that concept before it even left the drawing board.

RSoxNo1

If the speculation is true that a Stitch AA would be removed from TL and moved to the Tiki Room, one big (multi-million dollar) question remains:

What will happen to the 2nd Stitch AA??

Want to start a riot? Tell the DL fans that Stitch #2 is moving to the California Tiki Room!

What's the second stitch animatronic? I know of the main one that's in the chamber of Stitch's Great Escape. Where is the other one?

Spike-in-Berlin

Well, if they do go back to the original show in Florida, be prepared for a comeback of the same constant walk-outs and underattendance that led to the original show's departure (and almost a complete departure of the WDW Tiki Room altogether) from Florida. :D :lookaroun :lol: :hammer:

I don't think so. A lot of people, really a LOT, are waiting for the original show to return. I would visit it at least at every day I am at the MK during my next stay. And no one thinks of exactly the same show returning. More important is the music. I would appreciate new AAs, new dialogue, new storylines, even one or two new songs as long as they are Tiki-style with the exception of the attractions theme tune of course.

Vernonpush

What's the second stitch animatronic? I know of the main one that's in the chamber of Stitch's Great Escape. Where is the other one?
There are two chambers (one right, one left), a Stitch in each. One chamber is running when the other is in unload/ load.

wickedfan07

Nostalgia is catching up with me. I can remember sitting with my grandparents watching that show, and then seeing the Orange Bird after. The orange bird would be hanging out at the sunshine tree terrace, and we would have OJ in a plastic orange. My brother and I would use the oranges for months after the trip. The good old days...

I'm pretty sure we had one of those around the house when I was little. No I know where it came from, as long as theywere still selling them in the summer of 1992 (at the earliest).

I really hope they don't add Stitch to the Tiki Room. the Stitch-dedicated attraction in Tomorrowland doesn't attract huge crowds as it is, why would Stitch attract any more Guests to that attraction than the crrent show does? I don't see Stitch as the huge draw they make him out to be, or as the draw he may have been in 2002 when he was introduced. If this goes through, I see it being forgotten by the majority of Guests long before the current show was forgotten.

puntagordabob

I think that the whole "Under New Management" thing has run its course, anyway. I mean, it has to seem "new" to make sense (since it references the old one in the lyrics and dialogue). So, it is time to return to a timeless version -- the original, but updated for sound clarity and perhaps AA movement (like they did for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at DL).

Paul

Yep...10 years old so UNM is not new at all!

I agree they could Plus the attraction by doing what you suggest with the AA movements, etc... Great Ideas!

Nostalgia is catching up with me. I can remember sitting with my grandparents watching that show, and then seeing the Orange Bird after. The orange bird would be hanging out at the sunshine tree terrace, and we would have OJ in a plastic orange. My brother and I would use the oranges for months after the trip. The good old days...

Yep, I used to have those oranges around too :) The experience of sharing the fun with your elders, fellow adults, and children makes Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room very special to me! I love those birds, and always as a child felt that they were alive...now even as an adult with full understanding of the technology involved, I still feel love for Jose and his flock as if they were real life friends.... My earliest Happy memories from Disney were sitting on those wooden benches and singing along to "Lets all Sing like the Birdies Sing..." !!!!!!

Well, if they do go back to the original show in Florida, be prepared for a comeback of the same constant walk-outs and underattendance that led to the original show's departure (and almost a complete departure of the WDW Tiki Room altogether) from Florida. :D :lookaroun :lol: :hammer:

I live in Florida and I always prepare for the possibility a Super Hurricane to come ashore where I live and destroy my home & ranch by having the proper insurances (wind & flood), BUT Preparing for the Worst doesnt mean that it WILL happen! While in Florida we live with this possibility, I do not see Millions of people moving out of Florida leaving Miami or Orlando devoid of people. And since I have been within the eye of a strong cat 4 / weak cat 5 hurricane (Charley in 2004 and I LIVE in Punta Gorda STILL...) I think I can say that!

The current, abominable version is already kind of lacking the theme song. I don't count the half of the first stanza with the extremely obnoxious Iago interrupting in a most agressive way. If Walt would still be alive he would have stopped that concept before it even left the drawing board.

UNM is definitely not my favorite thats for sure

I don't think so. A lot of people, really a LOT, are waiting for the original show to return. I would visit it at least at every day I am at the MK during my next stay. And no one thinks of exactly the same show returning.

Yep, I am one of those eagerly waiting!!!!

I'm pretty sure we had one of those around the house when I was little. No I know where it came from, as long as theywere still selling them in the summer of 1992 (at the earliest).

I really hope they don't add Stitch to the Tiki Room. the Stitch-dedicated attraction in Tomorrowland doesn't attract huge crowds as it is, why would Stitch attract any more Guests to that attraction than the crrent show does? I don't see Stitch as the huge draw they make him out to be, or as the draw he may have been in 2002 when he was introduced. If this goes through, I see it being forgotten by the majority of Guests long before the current show was forgotten.

Yep, I agree with you... hopefully Jose will soon have his show back!

mickeyismyhero

I my self think some of the old things should be there like it was when it started!But thats just my thought i like how the older things look.So i hope the do put it back the way it was to start with:)

TP2000

The big year for that was this one; Enchanted Tiki Room celebrated it's fiftieth anniversary over in California. Even that didn't get a very big celebration.

June, 2008 was the 45th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland. The 50th Anniversary of the attraction will be in June, 2013.

And Disneyland actually had a nice little ceremony for the show, and issued a fun line of 45th Anniversary collectors merchandise. I bought the 45th Anniversary Tiki Room cocktail glasses and drink pitcher plus a bar towel myself.

The 45th merchandise all went very quickly though, and was sold out by early July.

SirGoofy

I'm all for getting rid of UNM and SGE in one fell swoop. Especially if that means bringing Stitch to the tikis, because I see that fitting perfectly with the story.

But does it HAVE to be called the Enchanted STITCH Room? Why not The Enchanted Tiki Room featuring Stitch? or something to that nature

aeillill

I wouldn't mind seeing Stitch in the Tiki Room, it makes more sense in my opinion then having him in Tommorrowland. But I would really prefer having the original Tiki Room back. I love that show something fierce and I almost cry whenever I go to Adventureland and see UNM. I've given it a chance too, it's like amnesia. Every year I go back to WDW and every year I tell myself it can't be as bad as I remember it being, and every year I walk out when I realize I'm not going to get my tropical serenade.

I don't think I'd mind UNM quite as much if I atleast got to hear the Tiki Room song all the way through, sung correctly not ruined by Iago & Zazu.

KaliSplash

Here, here! The thing I actually miss most is the old preshow, where the two birds were talking and one was doing animal noises and they came to alligators lurking, and the sound effects bird said "lurk, lurk!"

I still crack my family up with that line.

(OK, so we're easliy amused, ok?) :) :)

RBrooksC

I doubt they will ever bring the old show back to WDW. It is a factor of Marketing. The original Tiki Room is in Disneyland. The Stitch version is in Asia. The "Under New Management" is in WDW.

Do you want to see the original version? Go to Disneyland. Do you want your Stitch fix? Go to Asia. Do you love the Under New Management version? Go to Walt Disney World.

It makes no sense for Disney to make the same rides for each park. While the parks do have similar rides, there seem to be, at least, some minor differences between all the rides. There would be no reason to go to the other parks if each one was the exact clone of the other.

So, if you are hoping for the original to come back, don't hold your breath.

recent reports say that the original Tiki Room will return in 2011 replacing the disgraceful one we have now.:sohappy: Also a refurb to Journey Into Imagination and a new IllumiNations.(I am hoping the latter is not true.:()

Good Gawd!!! I hope not! The new room is WAY better now. But if I could just get my original "Imagination" back. HMMMMMMMMMM

HMF

Original Poster
I don't think I'd mind UNM quite as much if I atleast got to hear the Tiki Room song all the way through, sung correctly not ruined by Iago & Zazu.
LISTEN, IF YOU WANNA KEEP YOUR JOB YA GOTTA GET HIP! :wave:

OGMickey

i say bring every rides oringinal theme back with the exception of the HM i like the new stair case .....and they need to bring a couple shows back altogether like Kitchen Cabaret....now that was a good show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom