Trip Report Return of the Noob......Fuzzy Memories part 2? Now Playing.

I know this is really delayed but I finally have my pics uploaded and soon enough this will begin. Just have been so worn out form work and trying to do projects and running to after school stuff not much time to just sit down and relax. Let alone try to compile 2000+ pics and videos. This TR will rely more on pics than video just because my upload speed is so slow.

bee

37077963993_e1e6c6363d_b.jpg
STUDI
Jealous of the tie-fighter shirt!

Would never consider watching the Frozen show - you may have changed my mind.
I wanna say that shirt was a Target find.
I have the same shirt! It is indeed from Target (yes, I shop in the men's department sometimes...).

I'm enjoying your report, @Uncle Lupe!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 4 HS cont:

While making our way back to the front of the park we stop to get pictures and Heather takes the girls to watch Muppets. Look at that bag Katie is dragging everywhere.
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20170919_404959710855 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20170919_404959710858 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

STUDIO_SUNSET2_20170919_404959710860 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Then we are told to act scared. I thought some ghostly specter would be in the picture, but none.
STUDIO_SUNSET2_20170919_404959710861 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We meet with Heather near the front where I wait for a minute to see the Captain Phasma march right at us. I don't know if everything is just choreography but I think the Storm Troopers trigger different saying with their guns when interacting with the crowd. Not knowing is just adds to the Disney magic. This would be the only Star Wars stuff we would see this trip. The girls are not impressed with Muppets and on that note we leave Hollywood Studios.

Maybe we will have a party tonight. Those are some stormy skies.
STUDIO_STDENTR2_20170919_404960029132 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I need a better idea for poses next time.
STUDIO_STDENTR2_20170919_404960029143 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

STUDIO_STDENTR2_20170919_404960005810 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

STUDIO_STDENTR2_20170919_404960097485 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

STUDIO_STDENTR2_20170919_404960097489 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

STUDIO_STDENTR2_20170919_404960033910 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I never did a room tour. I could sit on the bed and open the door turn on the TV and write in the table at the same time. It was enough for us but a cozy arrangement. Even at the Value level you had a choice of three kinds of pillows. Soft, medium and firm was a unexpected surprise to me. I was tipping $5 a day I figured that was fair for 3 people, right?
DSC00524 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Forgot I bought that guy that other night. I was a stuffed animal kid and had to get Allie one while we were on property.
DSC00525 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

After a little rest period we get ready to leave for the MNSSHP. I had brought my costume just in case the girls did not want to dress together. I was to be Ralph from Wreck it Ralph and Allison would be Vanellope Von Schweethz. This weather was miserable, hot and humid. Thank the Lord above the girls wanted to dress in the princess outfits we brought. Saved me from being in a bodysuit with a giant wig in the Florida heat.
1525227201652.png

This this was hot enough on Halloween in Ohio but I would have died at Disney.

The girls started out in their costumes but quickly ditched them for a while after we entered the park. The sun was out and it was very, very, hot. Not just from the sun but the pavement was baking you from the bottom up.

King of the bus.
0919171640 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We were directed up the new exit to the right to get our bands and some treat bags.
MK_HTEMARKETSTREET1ROVER_20170919_404963027422 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Eyes are closed again.
MK_HTEMARKETSTREET1ROVER_20170919_404963027421 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_HTEMARKETSTREET1ROVER_20170919_404963071608 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

In the entrance/new exit we hear the MNSSHp music but it is quickly drowned out by the Move It Shake It parade. I think that is what it is called.
DSC00529 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We were in MK before 5pm. We should have no problem getting to enjoy this party.
DSC00530 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

See the Hollywood Players at the Tower of Terror and watch the march of the First Order then we march into MK for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween. Noob mistake, not cleaning the video camera lens. There is a huge smudge that I could not see while filming these. :oops:
I also filmed a proposal if anybody knows these people, let them know.

Last edited:

Spash007

I was excited to see this reference to what was once here. I was the only one in our group that cared.
DSC00212 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Just catching up, but I was in the same boat with that reference. I was excited to see it but no one else seemed to share in my joy.

Also, we were there for the second half of your trip - September 21 - 27 and couldn't believe how hot it was! Can't wait to see your pictures from those days and if we happen to be in the back at all!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Just catching up, but I was in the same boat with that reference. I was excited to see it but no one else seemed to share in my joy.

Also, we were there for the second half of your trip - September 21 - 27 and couldn't believe how hot it was! Can't wait to see your pictures from those days and if we happen to be in the back at all!
We are a Disney family but I am the only one who is into the history and daily park happenings.
Yes it was hot! I could never visit in the true summer.
Thanks for reading.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 4 MK cont:

We take a right and head into Tomorrowland. We are here before the party officially starts so I figure the crowd will thin in a few hours. Space Mountain had a 70+ minute wait, that's just people rushing to get in line before they get kicked out, so try something else.
DSC00531 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I had never been on this attraction and a short wait plus get out of the heat was a winner in my book.
DSC00532 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Ooh! Ooh! Look the new rocks everybody!
DSC00533 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00537 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This little girl was stealing the show in the pre-show area. I didn't mind her getting in the shot.
DSC00535 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Monsters Inc. was a really fun show. I wish I could have been "that" guy. But I thought the show was very clever and the amusing.

After MILF (had to do it) we enjoyed the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. I have no pictuers I was just trying to enjoy it and stay cool. But I was still scanning the crowd of vloggers. I didn't see a vlogger but I was able to see another Ohio State fan and after two O-H's he looked up and found me above Stitch to respond as I was whisked down the track.

After the TTA we found another short wait with Space Ranger Spin. I imagine this was my face after seeing how crowed MK still was later in the night.
DSC00539 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Katie taking pictures. Again another success. :facepalm:
DSC00540 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Better.
DSC00541 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00542 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Why do our guns have to be attached to the cars??? Katie was the official car spinner.
MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170919_8099421686 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170919_8099420623 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Random people in our PhotoPass account. :hilarious:
MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170919_8099419819 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Look at the front of those cars in the last three photos. Is there any good reason for the graphics to look that torn?

I guess this puts me on the galactic JV squad.
DSC00544 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00545 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Up next is the crowd favorite in the Speedway. Who doesn't spend extra money on a party ticket to enjoy these Tomorrowland rides? Katie sits this one out and I take Allison while Heather takes Jordynn.
DSC00546 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00547 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00548 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This may have been her first time on a go-kart. Let alone driving one.
DSC00549 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 4 MK cont:

I guess it isn't technically her first ride on a go-kart but the first one she would remember. So strap in and hold tight for this full circuit trip and then we head off to fly on an elephant. These rides are hard to get out of while trying to hold a camera as you can see while I let the camera roll.

We decide to head farther north into Storybook Circus to see the Seven Dwarf line and hit some candy trails. Katie was also looking for the special party pins and wanted to do the popcorn pin trading with Allie.

You can see me in the backround of this pic carrying some sort of sling bag. Probably what we used for candy and stuff. I wish we would have gotten these.
MK_STORYBOOKMARQUEECHAR_20170919_404965469341 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_STORYBOOKMARQUEECHAR_20170919_404965469345 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I don't know what Katie and I are doing but Heather and Jordynn are getting some good pictures.
MK_STORYBOOKMARQUEECHAR_20170919_404965469347 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Now it was time for the first ride on Dumbo. Still no costumes.
DSC00552 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00554 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This was basically a walk-on.
DSC00554 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00555 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The candy trails went through the circus tent. You could only do one at a time then have to reenter for the other side. Then reenter for food or pin trading. So we did at least three laps around collecting candy and pins.

The line for the Seven Dwarfs picture that Katie wanted had an insane wait time. I basically said, "We do that and nothing else because it would take most of the night." She said for us to skip it and that it was "alright, no big deal" I knew what that really meant. Even I'm not that big of a noob. However, we do caulk it up as a lost cause and just trade pins for the moment inside Big Top Souvenirs.

These two had been trading and buying pins for 4 days. I would always point out what I thought were the cool pins to no avail. Allison always wanted a certain character or whatever caught her eye. This time was different with my consent badgering and prodding she had been listening to her dear old dad. So even after complaining about all the trading I wouldn't trade this moment for anything. She made me so proud and I knew the boards would approve. If we can dream it we can do it.

Dramatic pause............................

DSC00556 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr
That picture was at 7:00pm we walked off the bus at 4:30pm just for reference.

With that storybook story over we move deeper into Fantasyland. We see Ariel and Price Eric doing a meet and greet on the backside of SDMT accross from her ride but the line was too long so we keep moving. Kids are upset but we explain that we can stand in that long line or go try to ride some rides. Moving on.

We went to see what the wait time for SDMT and it was a reasonable wait of 30 minutes so we jump on that opportunity and get in line.

The line was moving fairly quickly and we are having fun with the interactive queue elements. Trying to spin barrels to get Snow White to appear. I guess not many people know about that because it was hard to coordinate with strangers to make this happen. While in line we are talking to locals who mention how crowed the rest of the park is and how you pay for this exclusive party that was bananas. I figured some were hurricane holdovers but there couldn't be that many people who could rearrange plans to fix a postponed vacation. As we got the 40 minute mark we are the next group to be lead to the loading platform when the ride stops operation.

CM's have confused looks are are checking different things. The occasional page went over the loud speaker about the delay that you could not understand. CM's radio other personnel and suddenly multiple people not front line CMs appear and all are walking into hidden areas and checking control panels. After about 15 minutes of waiting they announce the ride is closed and that we need to leave. Everybody groans, we are mad about the situation and the locals are upset and we all file out of line. After some debate and damage control we head directly over to Winnie the Pooh.

My frustrations must be showing because Allie starts to lose control and start to cry about not being able to do anything. She's worried about not getting on rides or seeing characters like we had talked about for a long time. I try to let it not bother me but when you see your little girl upset and you can do nothing, it gets to ya.

So now this line is at full capacity. Who do we end up next too in line? The same locals we were in front off on SDMT. Small world huh? This ride goes OK but it was a long wait and not what we were planning to ride. Our new friends tell us to let them know about how our night is going and that might give you something. You pay a lot of money to do this party let alone a vacation. Again, I try to push it out of my mind but it is always swirling around in my mind for the rest of the trip.

This picture was taken at 8:28pm
DSC00558 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Katie tried to take a pic.
DSC00562 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With Pooh out of the way we make our way around the Carousel toward Peter Pan.

But first these two beauties we wandering around the courtyard.
DSC00564 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

After fending off the sisters we continue to Peter Pan. At the show building there was a meet and greet for Pan but again a huge line. We were able to ride Peter Pan which was fun. I don't remember the wait time but we did enjoy the interactive queue.

With our trip to Neverland over we continue on to try to ride Haunted Mansion and get the PhotoPass picture there. But I knew this would be a long shot and sure enough, lines we crazy. We drop that idea because we are running out of time and decide to go get something to eat at Cosmic Rays.

This was a stuff your face session because we had to finish in time to get a seat to at least see the shows if nothing else.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 4 MK cont:

See my triumphant moment as my daughter makes old dad proud. Next we find two sisters wandering the courtyard and then take the long way to Neverland to see the interactive queue. The pictures in the Darlings house are so real the camera goes into face tracking mode.

With our dinner done we make our way to the hub to see the castle lit in shades of purple and green. We were able to get a pretty good spot on the northeast side of the hub. Enough space but you were in pretty tight formation.
DSC00565 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We stay in this spot for a while because we see Happy HalloWishes, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular and Mickey's "Boo-To-You" Halloween Parade. All back to back.

DSC00567 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

A ghost in this picture.
DSC00568 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00569 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With the right camera and settings you might be able to get some clean shots. You have low light, fast motion working against you. Even trying different settings it was not a good result.

Really a shame because you see different characters than normal.
DSC00573 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

It looks like in this I retreated to using the flash.
DSC00576 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00578 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00579 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00580 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00583 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00587 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00589 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I don't know if I was trying to mess with the settings or turn it off but this was a total accident.
DSC00590 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

That parade has had changes some in the last 6 years. The Goofy Candy Company was replaced with Wreck it Ralph characters. Those floats pump out a smell of sugar. Think cotton candy being made. I like the change but where is the synergy in the park merchandise? The haunted mansion graveyard workers are cut down so it is not as striking as it was. The part of them sparking their shovels on the asphalt was always a cool part of the parade.

Happy HalloWishes is a fun show but could be updated with projection mapping. Instead of just projecting ghosts onto the castle.

For me the the best show is the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. It helps if you are a fan of the movie and was one of the saving graces of the evening. I've read that there are different "sets" of performers for the show. These ladies were spot on in playing and looking the parts.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 4 MK cont:

With it approaching the end of the party we decide to split up. Jordynn is an early bed time girl and has done really well with these late night at the theme parks but she was ready to go rest. Katie and I go back to Fantasyland to try to see any characters are out, ride the teacups and hit one last candy trail.

If you haven't read my other TR I must preface with this video as to why we were heading back to Fantasyland to find Alice. Meeting her on our last trip was such lasting memory and Allison wanted to tell her that she had made it back to Walt Disney World. Watching that interaction 6 years ago was an emotional moment for me that I will never forget.

We indeed find her after the parade around the Tea Cups. You have to remember that the characters go from parade to meet and greets and back so you may not always find them available.

Allison was thrilled to see Alice again and another special memory was made that night.
MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729462 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729463 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729465 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729464 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Alright let me in there. I wish them a very merry unbirthday!
MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729466 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The Mad Hatter had a silly face for each picture.
MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729467 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Alice gave her some extra hugs before we left.
MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729469 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20170920_404970729470 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 4 MK cont:

See the fun with Alice and the Mad Hatter then hit one last candy trail.

After the fun reunion we hit a candy trail at Cosmic Rays and head back down the hub to exit but first we need this picture. Focus is a little off in this one.
MK_TSHOLIDAY_20170920_404970861868 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_TSHOLIDAY_20170920_404970861870 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This was a bittersweet moment. It was fun to capture this picture again at the Magic Kingdom. But it was also a reminder of what we had lost 3 years ago.
MK_TSHOLIDAY_20170920_404970874961 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Still miss her everyday.
Photo0165FourBySix by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_TSHOLIDAY_20170920_405179692922 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With Memory Maker.

We leave and try to soak up the last bit of party atmosphere we can. Because we entered the park before that party started this was our first time seeing Main Street and the train station eerie lighting effects.
DSC00592 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00594 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Another camera fail.
DSC00595 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00596 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Heather and Jordynn left at midnight and got this pic as the clock struck twelve. They had a run in with the Headless Horseman
MK_ENTRANC3_20170920_404970821541 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I thought it was a cool find on the way out.
MK_ENTRANC3_20170920_404970821542 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I do have to say that the candy game seems to be better than last time. It was sponsored by Mars and they were not stingy with it at all. It was a day of frustrations but good moments too. I just wanted to go to bed and forget about the problems of the day. Forget about the money spent on this "exclusive" party on a Tuesday that was insane. I wanted to treat my guests to the experience that we had 6 years ago and that did not happen. Still this Ohio boy is dealing with Florida heat without a hat.

fractal

I would have been as frustrated as you. Not what I'd expect after paying for a ticketed event. Looks like you made the best of it. Loved the Alice videos (both of them)!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
I would have been as frustrated as you. Not what I'd expect after paying for a ticketed event. Looks like you made the best of it. Loved the Alice videos (both of them)!
Also SDMT was down the rest of the night. It was frustrating but I wanted to put it behind us and enjoy the rest of the vacation.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 5 Epcot:

With our very long day last night we sleep in today to try to get a little rest. The only FP I was worried about was Frozen. Any of the others I could move around as the day progressed. We did not really have a schedule just wanted to see what would happen. Katie and I talked about going around World Showcase this time and Heather wanted to see the France pavilion so we decided to try to take the girls around the World Showcase. Didn't know if it would work with two 8 years olds but we would at least say we tried.

We get to Epcot and head left toward Mexico. I get Allison to try on a hat for me. She doesn't want to be my model at first. Just to give you a time frame this was at 11:30 am. Test Track was down.
DSC00598 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00599 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Monkey see monkey do.
DSC00601 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00602 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Enough with the hats we have to use our first FP of the day for Frozen. Now this time I wanted to enjoy the ride without the distraction of taping. Every effect was working. No blue trolls, Elsa was in full motion and the backward part was full of music and projections on the walls. Marshmallow was even spewing his fog at the drop. I had goosebumps. It is a fun ride but still short. After that we keep the girls entertained by heading back to Mexico where we ride Gran Fiesta Tour.

I love the look and feel of this country. I have read that the food here is not the best but I would be willing to try it at least once to form my own opinion.
DSC00603 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00604 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Hold on these pics are not coming out right. Let me try the flash!
DSC00605 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I did take a peak in the tequila bar but there was a wait and I was not going to make the group wait just so I could get inebriated by noon. So we rode Gran Fiesta Tour twice and the best part is still the beginning where you ride between the restaurant and the pyramid. The Three Caballeros is a nice change at the end.

I took Allie to see Coco. As I watched the movie I understood the things in this area more. The Day of the Dead scene to the animal carvings all were made clear in retrospect by this movie to me. :facepalm: You are trying to keep the group moving, kids occupied and an eye on them that you do not always have a chance to read and understand what you may be looking at in the moment. I can see how Coco will be pushed to take over this area.

Well we have been in the park for a full 45 minutes already so of course it was time for a snack break. We had all these snack credits built up that I figure this would be a great use of them today. A stop at Kringla Bakeri og Kafe is a must do and in the direction we are headed.

As we enter we are greeted and I am overwhelmed by all the lovely pastries. I have a hard time making decisions and usually go with something safe and dull in this situation. The girls immediately pick out the Frozen inspired cupcake in about 2 seconds. I cautiously ask, "what is school bread?" They explain that it is custard filled pastry and it is the best selling dessert at all of WDW. I had heard of it because of the boards and figure I'll try that even thought I hate custard.
DSC00606 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Heather got the Berry Cream Puff. Like I said I hate custard. From the texture to the taste it is just off putting to me. Nothing worse then getting a pastry that you think is cream filled only to have custard shoot into your mouth. Yuck!
0920171218 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This dessert was freaking amazing. The custard was a lighter texture and a wonderful vanilla taste. This wasn't your, you think it's filled but it's not, average doughnut. It was full of custard and topped with roasted coconut more custard and amazing. I guess the reason that I hated custard up to that point is I have never had a good/real custard. I now understand why this was a top selling dessert, it is great. The girls basically eat the icing and Katie shared off Allisons plate. Heather enjoyed the cream puff and it looked equally as good but it was too much for her to finish. I am glad that I tried something new even though I had a preconception of how it would taste.

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 5 Epcot cont:

Hear the sounds of Mexico for a moment then we head to China to meet Mulan. Then we find the rythmic drums in Japan.

With our blood sugars soaring we move on to China. We saw some of this country a few days ago so the main objective here was to meet Mulan. Somebody needs to work on their framing.
DSC00607 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487756 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487761 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487764 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

There was really no wait to meet Mulan and she was a huge hit with the girls.
EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487767 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487770 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487776 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The entire setting is beautiful. You are in the waiting are for Reflections of China and it is very relaxing. I've got the no bending over down now I need to work on that double chin.
EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487780 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976463307 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976463309 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With that over we just take a moment explore and get organized. I work on my artistic touch. Something easy to do here.
DSC00608 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

While I am doing that Allie says, "Mulan didn't sign her book." Mulan had left for her break but sure enough she missed the second book and Allie begins to get upset. We ask the PhotoPass CM when Mulan will return and he tells us in about 20-30 minutes. So no big deal we will just wait here or just mill around in China until she returns. We assure Allie we will not leave without her book being signed. If you have read this far you see how characters have been a big part of the trip.

Time for another picture.
DSC00609 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

He saw how Allie was upset but not throwing a fit and we were laid back about it he asked if he could have her book. He leaves the building and after a few minutes he returns with Allies books and it is now signed by Mulan. :happy: Allie was so happy that he got her book signed. I asked if I could get a picture of him with Allison? "With me? You want a picture of me? Nobody has ever asked that before."

He agrees and was happy to pose with her. I guess it is an odd request. He takes pictures of people all day with a princess but who wants one of the photographer? This dad does because now he was her hero. I wanted to remember what he did for us that day. While he posed he gave her a sticker also.
DSC00610 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Noob mistake not stopping by guest services for give him props for his work. Thank you Francisco.
DSC00611 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With China behind us we move farther into World Showcase. But first we meet another CM on the way. It started with an exchange of pleasantries. Probably the girls noticed his pin lanyard. I noticed that he was from Columbus, Ohio. That is the closest to home I have seen yet. He asks where we are from and he knows southern Ohio well from his hunting he enjoys. He told us he doesn't hunt here because the deer are to small. Also that had seen the Florida key deer had survived and that they are only the size of a small dog.

Of course I ask for a picture. He was surprised but was very happy to oblige.
DSC00612 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

So again CM Brooks thank you for your time and loving your job.

During this time I am still checking on the status of Test Track. It comes back online and the wait time would explode in a few minutes. Then I would see it was down again. This cycle continued all day long. Maybe later before we leave we'll get to ride. Right now we are having fun with our world tour.

Last edited:

krisri18

Day 5 Epcot cont:

Hear the sounds of Mexico for a moment then we head to China to meet Mulan. Then we find the rythmic drums in Japan.

With our blood sugars soaring we move on to China. We saw some of this country a few days ago so the main objective here was to meet Mulan. Somebody needs to work on their framing.
DSC00607 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487756 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487761 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487764 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

There was really no wait to meet Mulan and she was a huge hit with the girls.
EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487767 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487770 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487776 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The entire setting is beautiful. You are in the waiting are for Reflections of China and it is very relaxing. I've got the no bending over down now I need to work on that double chin.
EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976487780 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976463307 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCHI_20170920_404976463309 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With that over we just take a moment explore and get organized. I work on my artistic touch. Something easy to do here.
DSC00608 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

While I am doing that Allie says, "Mulan didn't sign her book." Mulan had left for her break but sure enough she missed the second book and Allie begins to get upset. We ask the PhotoPass CM when Mulan will return and he tells us in about 20-30 minutes. So no big deal we will just wait here or just mill around in China until she returns. We assure Allie we will not leave without her book being signed. If you have read this far you see how characters have been a big part of the trip.

Time for another picture.
DSC00609 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

He saw how Allie was upset but not throwing a fit and we were laid back about it he asked if he could have her book. He leaves the building and after a few minutes he returns with Allies books and it is now signed by Mulan. :happy: Allie was so happy that he got her book signed. I asked if I could get a picture of him with Allison? "With me? You want a picture of me? Nobody has ever asked that before."

He agrees and was happy to pose with her. I guess it is an odd request. He takes pictures of people all day with a princess but who wants one of the photographer? This dad does because now he was her hero. I wanted to remember what he did for us that day. While he posed he gave her a sticker also.
DSC00610 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Noob mistake not stopping by guest services for give him props for his work. Thank you Francisco.
DSC00611 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With China behind us we move farther into World Showcase. But first we meet another CM on the way. It started with an exchange of pleasantries. Probably the girls noticed his pin lanyard. I noticed that he was from Columbus, Ohio. That is the closest to home I have seen yet. He asks where we are from and he knows southern Ohio well from his hunting he enjoys. He told us he doesn't hunt here because the deer are to small. Also that had seen the Florida key deer had survived and that they are only the size of a small dog.

Of course I ask for a picture. He was surprised but was very happy to oblige.
DSC00612 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

So again CM Brooks thank you for your time and loving your job.

During this time I am still checking on the status of Test Track. It comes back online and the wait time would explode in a few minutes. Then I would see it was down again. This cycle continued all day long. Maybe later before we leave we'll get to ride. Right now we are having fun with our world tour.

We got a picture with a cast member from our home state too. It's always a challenge for us to find at least one CM from RI each trip, we found 2 last time!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
We got a picture with a cast member from our home state too. It's always a challenge for us to find at least one CM from RI each trip, we found 2 last time!
When I started to pay attention to that part of the name tag. It is a place filled with people from all over the world. That sounds like a good way to meet people and appreciate CMs

krisri18

When I started to pay attention to that part of the name tag. It is a place filled with people from all over the world. That sounds like a good way to meet people and appreciate CMs
The funny part was,we weren't the first guests that had asked him for a photo before. There had been a family years before that was playing a game where they needed to find a CM from each state and he was their RI one. Lol

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 5 Epcot cont:

Continuing our trip we come to Germany

Holiday roads is in my head when I look at this picture
DSC00613 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00614 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Only two pics I have in Germany. I remember going looking Stein Haus and seeing the glass ornaments. I was telling the kids not to touch that they are fragile. So I went to pick one up and knocked it off the peg and about broke it. Just to show the kids what could happen if they were not careful. Let that be a lesson kids.

Up next is Italy. I was looking at this picture and trying to figure out why I took it other than it is a big tower thing.
DSC00615 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Oh! I see my kid standing at the bottom.
DSC00616 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Me trying to be artistic and showing the hurricane damage.
DSC00617 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00618 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Heather found the PhotoPass. So this is a picture of Heather getting her picture.
DSC00620 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCITALYICON_20170920_404977723360 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_WSCITALYICON_20170920_404977723365 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I think this person took 15 pictures. Not the normal 2 and you're done photographer.
EPCOT_WSCITALYICON_20170920_404977723369 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Heather found another one. What the heck were we doing to miss these?
EPCOT_ECROVE2_20170920_404977927459 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECROVE2_20170920_404977927463 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

There we are?? This is a hot mess of a picture. None of us are ready in this picture. That should be used in a promo campaign.
EPCOT_ECROVE2_20170920_404977927466 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECROVE2_20170920_404977927469 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECROVE2_20170920_404977927473 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Eyes closed.
EPCOT_ECROVE2_20170920_404977927475 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I do not have any notes about Italy. I have to admit that I didn't take notes for a few days after the day 4 party disaster. So I had to go on memory and pics when writing it down 2 days later.

DSC00621 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00622 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom