Trip Report Return of the Noob......Fuzzy Memories part 2? Now Playing.

I know this is really delayed but I finally have my pics uploaded and soon enough this will begin. Just have been so worn out form work and trying to do projects and running to after school stuff not much time to just sit down and relax. Let alone try to compile 2000+ pics and videos. This TR will rely more on pics than video just because my upload speed is so slow.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 1 cont:

After landing back at the space station and being so pumped about our first trip it was time to make our way toward Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. But not before grabbing a quick snack. I know I tagged you in the pre-trip with this but one good Mickey deserves another. @prfctlyximprct Everything is tastes better in the shape of Mickey.

0916171948 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We continue to stroll and we get to the Tea Cups. Us three wanted to ride it because it was on the way and had no wait. Heather and Jordynn decide to wait for us while we brave this spinning contraption.

The cursed blur of low light
DSC00048 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00049 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00050 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00051 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I let loose and enjoy the ride of our lives.

We kept our Mickey pretzel down and continued on to the next stop, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Allie was super excited for this as was I. I had watched videos and read the reviews so I was not expecting to much. But we had not spoiled the dark ride part so this would be a totally new experience. Our last FP of the night was this ride and I think a FP well used. During our entire trip this line was never short. Even the FP was seen bursting out at the seams on most days. The wait was not long apparently because I have no line pics? :oops: In my notes the kids were a little apprehensive but all smiles once aboard.

This is where is gets hard to be a party of five. It made getting the few reservations harder and with every ride I was usually the odd man out as it were. So the girls all get in one car by their respective mothers and I get put in another car with a family of three. No big deal. The father in front of me was a little nervous, I could tell he was tense. As we board he tells me we are going to get to know each other very well. Sure two strapping men such as ourselves getting into this little train car I figured it was going to be a tight fit but no so much. Before we take off he tells me, "I don't like roller coasters", and proceeds to put his head down between his arms as he is holding the hand rail. Now I am thinking great he's gonna puke! I adjust the my waist bag to the right to shield it fro potential splatter. And zoom of we go. Did you know that this just takes off right out of the gate? That caught me by surprise and helps this shortish ride not waste time getting down to business.

So I am screaming and holding on until the first lift hill. As we climb my new friend pops his head up and I ask him if he is alright? He shakes his head then puts it back in his brace position. During the inside part he sits up and enjoys the million diamonds shine and the fun animatronics. I am singing during the second lift hill and having a great time, but he resumes the brace position. As we crest the hill I throw my hands up like Miley Cyrus cause they were playing my song and enjoy the twists and turns.

Looks like his family was having a blast as was mine.

MK_MINETRAIN_20170917_8098090016 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_MINETRAIN_20170917_8098090018 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_MINETRAIN_20170917_8098090034 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_MINETRAIN_20170917_8098090036 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With using the Memory Maker and having linked accounts I received many duplicates of these ride videos which do get repetitive but are still fun to watch. Who doesn't three copies every time you ride as a group?

At the end of the ride we stopped that the last bridge brake point. My buddy survived without illness. I ask him again, "Are you going to be alright?" He said, " Yes" just kinda shook his head. I told him, "We all do things for our loved ones we may not want but you do it for family,".

My review. This ride is a little short but not as bad as it was blasted by so many. If you have arms like me you can easily grab the leaves off the trees that adorn a few turns so be careful. Not that I tried, just sayin'. We truly enjoyed this but would not be worth more than a 45 minute wait at most. Still gets the Uncle Lupe seal of approval. Oh and the kids loved it also.

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 1 cont:

Those notes that I talked about earlier were not as complete as I thought. I have some rides on my camera roll not mentioned in my notes. Noob mistake, don't yadda yadda over the details when taking TR notes. So up next we went to IASW. With this being a dark ride I was not going to even attempt taking pictures. But Allie was not happy about that idea. She said, "Daddy take pictures!!!" With all the drama an eight year old can muster. I ask, "of what?" "Everything dad!", and proceeds to point the specific things she wanted pictures of.

So with the memory cards stacked against me I tried my best. No flash, multiple objects in movement, no zoom, slow processing time and trying to hold steady for a known longer exposure. These were the results.

Oohh!!
DSC00052 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Aahh!!
DSC00053 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00064 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00056 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Katie did very well with her shots.
DSC00057 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00063 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00081 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00060 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00067 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00070 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00077 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00082 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Magic Bands in action. Had to capture this at all costs.
DSC00084 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 1 cont:

Looks like after the SDMT fun we headed back to meet the other princesses at Fairytale Hall. This time we get to meet Elena and Cinderella. This was basically a walk on because it was approaching 9:00pm and time for Happily Ever After to start. This was a calculateed gamble not giving ourselves more than one chance to see HEA. With the planning needed to see "everything" and the Halloween parties it cut down the number of times we could see the show. I just knew we would see it later in the week. This was one of the dumbest things I did planning this trip.

While waiting in line you are near some of the launch points during the show and they are very loud and unexpected. But it was fun to be so close to the magic.

In the video you can hear Allison giving me instructions to tape all the pictures. Kids were super excited to see these two.

DSC00090 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The success of your Photo Pass is so dependent on the photographers personality. Some are super into their job and take great candid shots. While other act as if there is a maximum number they are allowed to take. Maybe there is but some of the best moments are when you are not posing for a camera.

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207497 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207496 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_20170917_404905205195 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Oopps, forgot to move the waist pack.
MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_20170917_404905205199 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA1CHAR_20170917_404905205198 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207494 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207499 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I think this is from Tiana, but still a candid shot I wanted to put in this TR if I missed it.
MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_20170916_404902013838 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207603 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207602 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Pack goes in the back Noob.
MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207604 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_PFTHBLUEA2CHAR_20170917_404905207607 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 1 cont:

These showed up in our Photopass I assume it was part of the Memory Maker.

After the MnG we stroll around the gift shop. Looking at all the crazy priced goods and listen the CM discuss what gifts they are going to buy with their discounts. And I inquire, "What's the thing with the rose gold ears?" The CM tells me that they had them for while but when some YouTuber vlogged about them everybody went crazy for them and they sell out as soon as the get them. Told us good luck at finding them.

DSC00094 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Allie trying to take a pic. The art of framing a picture must be gentic
DSC00095 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Now we move on to the Carousel. But not before trying to take a certain sword.

Kids is the flash on?
DSC00107 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

That would be a yes.
DSC00106 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00097 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Regal indeed.
DSC00099 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00104 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00103 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00101 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 1 cont:

While waiting at the meet and greet I was able to get a FP for Little Mermaid. Not that we needed it but it always fun to tap a magic band. So we walked on Little Mermaid rode then used the FP to ride again.

DSC00108 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00110 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00111 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00117 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00121 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00123 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00122 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00124 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I know all those pics are horrible. But with the little camera we tried anyway.

With it getting late we head back to old Fantasyland to get on more attraction. Time for a photo stop.

MK_GASTONFOUNTAINICONNC_20170917_404906016511 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_GASTONFOUNTAINICONNC_20170917_404906016509 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_GASTONFOUNTAINICONNC_20170917_404906016512 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

After a quick visit to PhilharMagic we head down Main Street to finish the night.

MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_404907009086 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Didn't get the pack hidden fully.
MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_404907009090 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_404907009086 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We finally made it after all!
MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_404907009095 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_404907011607 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_404907011619 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We should have taken one step to the left.
MK_MSCASEYS_20170917_405179599701 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We reached our resort at 11:45pm and it was time to get some grub. We all had the dining plan and this place was a mad house. The staff was handling it fairly well but some better than others. When it comes to using the dining plan, so much confusion. Depending on the cashier they might interpret meals in different ways. So it took a few nights to get the hang of what is in a combo meal vs what would be a separate snack credit. As far as the food I thought All Star Sports had great options for all kinds of eaters. We are not talking gourmet but everything was made fresh as you ordered. From classic hamburgers and chicken nuggets to healthier options that I never looked at too much. Carbs and meat are the ingredients to a good vacation meal. If you go during a slow time I could see where something might be sitting under a heat lamp for a few minutes. But if you are on normal tourist time you'll never be in that slow time part of mid day.

Next time, day two starts. You guessed it back at the Magic Kingdom.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 2 Magic Kingdom:

Because it was dark when we returned at our resort. Not that I forgot to take one on arrival day here is the view from our room. I would call it a garden/jungle view. It was on the back side of the building but easy access to the food court. It was quiet, very quiet.

DSC00130 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00129 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The trip to MK. All the girls had matching hats that we purchased at Walmart for $10 each. Nice Disney licensed hats. They didn't have a men's selection but I didn't need one I had my favorite visor.
DSC00131 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Bonus points if you know the theme to Ducktales. This for me would be a week of graphic tees. Something completely out of my comfort zone but definitely in my kid zone.
DSC00132 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00133 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This is a nice picture. Notice the abundant light available to caputre even the little details. This is just straight off the camera no post processing. A little motion blur but overall pretty good. If someone wants to mess around with it feel free.
DSC00134 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

As the trolley went clang, clang, down Main Street we headed toward the hub.
DSC00135 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00136 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00137 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Did I mention that we are enjoying our vacation 1 week after a major hurricane? Some of the evident damage. Trees are all blown over from the relentless wind. Anything that would impede operation was already taken car of except Jungle Cruise.
DSC00138 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I think I was using the rail technique on this one.
DSC00139 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Why isn't this an Instagram wall? Ye Olde Poopin Spot
DSC00140 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00141 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 2 MK cont:

While the girls looked for the restrooms and looked through the Christmas Shoppe. I worked on trying to frame shots and take better pictures while we were not on a dead sprint. You know with a sub $100 point and shoot. :facepalm:
DSC00142 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00143 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00144 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Something we didn't watch was Muppets Do America.
DSC00145 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Look where we are headed.
DSC00146 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Still making our way around the river on this no FP (gasp) morning.
DSC00147 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Boo!! This was closed for refurb and is was not winter. Didn't follow this to closely to know what they were working that was so important.
DSC00148 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We made it to Big Thunder at 10:30am with only a 25 minute wait on the board. As we made our way through the line again some apprehension and calls of I don't want to ride. Those fears were not ignored but reassured and we pressed on to boarding. Also the queue smelled like pee, just sayin'.
DSC00149 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Got it! This was a hard shot to get with the Commodore 64 of processing power I had in my hands. As I admire this picture more, what is the reason for the random piece of goat wire on the fence?
DSC00150 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With the Disney winds to our backs we are guided to the rear of the train load. Our first ride was going to be the best ever. Even as Allie was having second thoughts we acted as if we did not hear those and proceeded to board. So join us for a full trip on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad from the back seat.

As I push my new Sony CX-675 Handycam to the limits and beyond warranty to test the stabilization of this camcorder. I was smart enough to by a clear UV filter to protect the open lens from dust, water and debris. This is a must if buying this camcorder due to the nature of manufacture and the way it stabilizes the picture. Because of water droplets on the filter you can see the mechanical stabilization at work. (Youtube it and you'll understand better.) Totally planned that by the way. I was holding it with one hand as you would at any other time. However, I feel this is the pinnacle of my video productions to date.

Another first marked off the Disney bucket list. Conquering another MK mountain. After the trip nerves turn to adrenaline as the kids hop out of the train and describe their adventure.

Last edited:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 2 cont:
Just a quick update.

After that wild ride we headed to Adventureland. Partly because we had no fast passes but also to hit a few things with low waits on the way toward the front of the park.

We took the kids to the Tiki Room.
DSC00151 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr.

DSC00153 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

They were not too impressed. Children have seen such amazing technology at such a young age that this attraction did not do well. Just sitting and watching birds and plants with limited motion was just OK. Not that they hated it but this was the only time we watched it this trip.

We moved on and found the Magic Carpets. This was an amazing ride. Why you ask? I feel that Walt himself was watching over us because what happened on the ride with the camels. I could barley contain my own spit. Katie was not so fortunate. It made for one of the best moments of the trip. Join us on a magic carpet ride and some water fun afterwards.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 2 cont:

Now that we were refreshed from our dousing on the Magic Carpets and tiki splash escapades are next adventure would be Pirates of the Caribbean. I do not remember the kids even wanting to do this even after we explained what it was going to be like. Allie was very unsure and Jordynn went along fine until the ride started.

DSC00155 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Give yer best pirate face matey's!
DSC00156 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Something I should point out is that this trip Allie wanted to do pin trading. Katie volunteered to wear the lanyard and that helped to indulge her own dreams of pin trading. Both girls participated but be warned this can eat up a lot of time if your not careful. At each stop I would point out all the original EPCOT pavilion logo pins, but she just wanted certain characters. I even told her she would be a hero to my Disney computer friends. "Really dad." was her reply.
DSC00157 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The girls did not enjoy this ride at all. I tried to explain it would be like Small World but with pirates. That did not help as each held onto their mother for dear life. I in the meantime was having a blast waiting for the new ride pic to happen.

MK_PIRATESRIDE_20170917_8098269983 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

No matter how hard I tried heads remained buried because they were certain we were headed for sudden doom. So the adults enjoyed the boat ride and I took in the auction scene for all it was worth.

With the high seas behind us I figured we should at least go see Jungle Cruise even though it was closed and a ghost town. I found a single cast member explaining to others that it was closed due to hurricane damage and that it might reopen this week. I asked Katie to take a sad face picture of me please.
DSC00158 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

The CM walked beside me and copied my sad face and we took one together.
DSC00159 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We chatted for a bit and I said to her, "I hope it opens by the end of the week. I just have to see the backside of water." She says, "hold on a minute." and reaches for her water bottle and proceeds to pour some out on the ground and shouts "It's the backside of water!!" Now I am yelling "the backside of water" and pointing also. Katie has no idea why I am so excited and some people are just staring at me like, noob. I thanked her and we had a chat and she explained that if they get a large group of people they would do a dry run, as it were, of the Jungle Cruise spiel. It's nice that CM's do some many unnecessary things omly for guest enjoyment due to the circumstances. So thank you Morgan for making my morning and a fun memory that I was glad to share with you.

With that done we headed back to the gates where paused to see the end of Mickey's Fantastic something or another.
DSC00160 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Focused on the wrong subject in this one.
DSC00162 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

That's better.
DSC00163 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

As we headed down Main Street I guide the group into the shops to get out of the sun, avoid the crowds for a moment and window shop. Used that tip from Tim Tracker. Who is the noob now? Yes, I was always on the look out for vloggers to maybe meet.

Up next time to board the highway in the sky for the first time.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 2 cont:

While we wait for the monorail we are trying to pass the time and I am recording some B footage. I was trying to plan ahead for the video TR I would make someday. I was trying to help the kids pass the time by asking which is better, bus or monorail. However at the MK station Jordynn's water bottle hits the ground and cracks. I don't blame her for being upset but we tried our best to calm the situation but she was not her joyful self for a while.

So here is some video of our transition to Epcot.

Where's my visor?
DSC00164 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00165 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Bear with me I was trying so hard to get these shots. It would be a shame not to at least share them.
DSC00166 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00167 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Some of these I would consider a decent attempt.
DSC00168 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00169 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Others an epic fail!
DSC00170 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00171 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

DSC00172 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

We made it through security and the waist bag was still and easy option to handle at the checkpoints. Before we hit the main gate we stopped at a merchandise cart. I remember them looking at pins and assorted items and some ear hats. I was kinda losing my mind. "We are so close do we have to stop at every thing" It was three against one I was outnumbered.

So the girls got some new hats.
EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609109 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Day 2 cont:

We did not get very far before we stopped for a meet and greet. Something else that consumes a bunch of time but is fun to do with kids. Gives me an excuse to see the character also. This Photopass person took a ton of pics these are just a few
EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609110 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609112 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609115 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609118 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609122 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

My visor is back.
EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609125 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECENTR5_20170917_404916609127 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

With the MnG done we pushed toward SE.
DSC00173 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

No FP for us.
DSC00174 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I told the kids to look in the right area because of a surprise at the end. Our trip in time had multiple stops. Some for a long periods on the decent, nothing. Just a couple of generic characters show the future. Boo! Bad show! We did spend some time in the post show area playing around and just enjoying the exhibits trying our best to get some to work. This area really does need and update. Just some much use that these interactive displays get worn out very quickly. My plan was to head to Test Track. I was so excited to take Allie on this and see Tron Track in person but it was down. So we just went to our next FP which was the Mickey and Pals MnG.

Another success was this FP. It saved us so much time that is a great use of a FP.

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404918026420 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404918026434 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404918026442 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404918026448 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404917900560 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Look who is bending over this time.
EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404917900564 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20170917_404917900564 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20170917_404918055708 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20170917_404918055704 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

I'm am going to have to put all these videos together and see if I can see what was so funny.
EPCOT_CHRCON5_20170917_404918055712 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom