[FONT="]Opening of MGM! ONLY 2 PARTS
- Backstage Studio Tour: A two-hour guided tour, with a tram portion and an hour-long walking portion that included a chance to observe actual soundstages for television and motion picture production. (More complex than now)
- Theme Park: A nicely designed guest area, but modest in scope, with several shops, restaurants, and shows. And exactly one ride (apart from the tram tour), The Great Movie Ride.
- There’s no Sunset Boulevard, no Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, no Rock’n’Roller Coaster, and no Fantasmic!
- There’s no Star Tours, no Muppet-Vision 3-D, and no Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show.
- There’s not even a Mickey Avenue behind the Chinese Theatre, because that street was part of the Production Center, off limits to park guests.
- The tram tour began where The Magic of Disney Animation now begins. In fact, it’s the same queue area. (THE ARCH)
- The New York street (now part of the Streets of America) was part of the tram tour, not an area that guests could enter on foot.
- The show building for Star Tours is already on the map, but it’s not yet colored in. Star Tours opened before the end of 1989