Retro mgm studios!!!!

devjohnson

Original Poster
[FONT=&quot]Opening of MGM! ONLY 2 PARTS
[/FONT]
  • Backstage Studio Tour: A two-hour guided tour, with a tram portion and an hour-long walking portion that included a chance to observe actual soundstages for television and motion picture production. (More complex than now)
  • Theme Park: A nicely designed guest area, but modest in scope, with several shops, restaurants, and shows. And exactly one ride (apart from the tram tour), The Great Movie Ride.
There was 2 ATTRACTIONS!!!!

• There’s no Sunset Boulevard, no Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, no Rock’n’Roller Coaster, and no Fantasmic!
  • There’s no Star Tours, no Muppet-Vision 3-D, and no Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show.
  • There’s not even a Mickey Avenue behind the Chinese Theatre, because that street was part of the Production Center, off limits to park guests.
  • The tram tour began where The Magic of Disney Animation now begins. In fact, it’s the same queue area. (THE ARCH)
  • The New York street (now part of the Streets of America) was part of the tram tour, not an area that guests could enter on foot.
  • The show building for Star Tours is already on the map, but it’s not yet colored in. Star Tours opened before the end of 1989

[FONT=&quot]
mgmmap.gif

[/FONT]

magicmaya

Thanks for the info! That was a park that you only spend an hour at.Cool but boring after a while.
I see your new! Welcome to WDW magic!:wave:
I was new in march! You will fit in great if you love disney! I do!

krankenstein

Thanks for the info! That was a park that you only spend an hour at.Cool but boring after a while.

An hour, the Tour itself was 2 hours. :veryconfu

Anyway, MGM was originally suppose to be a half day experience, the other part of your day was supposed to be spent at Typhoon Lagoon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There was 2 ATTRACTIONS!!!!
Not exactly; Superstar Television and Monster Sound Show were planned for day one. Indy was in extended testing; if I recall it was running properly later in the summer. Star Tours was under construction being a late addition. Magic of Disney Animation was also open as the Cronkite and Williams tour.

As said above, the actual tour was the bets part of 2 hours.

MissM

I went to MGM about six months after open for the first time. I remember so many things were still "in progress" and not a lot was open. Now the tour was 2+ hours itself and we spent another hour or more doing Superstar Television, but yeah...it was even emptier than it is now. (Which is sad because it's still a half-day park to me.)

I remember thinking the place wasn't done yet and that it had been rushed to open early. That was the impression my 12-year old self had for the park. (Though the thought of the "new Hollywood" being so close to where I lived was very exciting. Of course, that never panned out, but still...back then? It all seemed like it was going to happen.

Oriolesmagic

Not exactly; Superstar Television and Monster Sound Show were planned for day one. Indy was in extended testing; if I recall it was running properly later in the summer. Star Tours was under construction being a late addition. Magic of Disney Animation was also open as the Cronkite and Williams tour.

As said above, the actual tour was the bets part of 2 hours.

I didn't realize that Star Tours was the old.

and...Welcome to the forum Dev!

As you can see from MagicMaya you can rack up a lot of points real quick. But he/she talks to much.:p

devjohnson

Original Poster

I know this is off topic, but what does Junior, Senior members mean?

magicmaya

I know this is off topic, but what does Junior, Senior members mean?

it depends on how many posts you have made.If you have hardly any posts you are New Here, if you have about 500 posts you are junior.If you have about 1000 posts you are senior.I talk too much and I just joined in march.I have almost 600 posts!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom