Retro Epcot Symbols

Fun2BFree

Sorry, don't buy it. If anything, it looks more like Chase's corporate symbol than anything to do with Kodak.

What about Makin' Memories or the photography exhibits in the Magic Journeys pre-show? Kodak are the sponsor, yes, but it's also in the pavilion's content (sponsor-influenced or not).

krankenstein

What about Makin' Memories or the photography exhibits in the Magic Journeys pre-show? Kodak are the sponsor, yes, but it's also in the pavilion's content (sponsor-influenced or not).

I still don't buy it. IMO, it doesn't make sense for them to base the symbol of the C ticket attraction of the pavilion. :shrug:

Fun2BFree

I still don't buy it. IMO, it doesn't make sense for them to base the symbol of the C ticket attraction of the pavilion. :shrug:

JII didn't open until 1983, meaning Magic Journeys WAS the pavilion whenever Epcot debuted. Photography certainly makes more sense that whatever UoE's symbol is supposed to represent.

EPCOT Explorer

JII didn't open until 1983, meaning Magic Journeys WAS the pavilion whenever Epcot debuted. Photography certainly makes more sense that whatever UoE's symbol is supposed to represent.

Oddly enough, Figment and Dreamfinder still walked around, the Imageworks was open, and the F&DF Merch was still sold.:rolleyes::shrug::lol:

UoE's is supposed to be Energy radiating out in waves. Works for me.

diddy_mouse

I liked the font used for the World Showcase text logo. And the compass design that can still be found around WS is pretty cool too.

Count me in as thinking the globe with the person in it was for World Key. :lol: I guess it just has that "information" feel to it. I think I'll go back and watch Martin's tribute to SSE and CommuniCore again. :)

Krack2

Re: The Imagination Symbol

I think the imagination symbol is an eye - as in "imagination is your mind's eye" or "imagination is whatever you can visualize".

krankenstein

No, it doesn't. Energy represents heat radiating out, I still fail to see what this big connection between Imagination and photography is. Just because one attraction in pavilion was designed to push the pavilions sponsors merchandise does not mean the symbol for said pavilion has anything to do with photography.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oddly enough, Figment and Dreamfinder still walked around, the Imageworks was open, and the F&DF Merch was still sold
Yep... the ride was meant to open in 1982. Tell the truth, they didn`t know when it would open. March 5th 1983 was the earliest they could open with a modified ride system since, well, one or two things went wrong in 1982.

mcjaco

I'll never forget walking into Imagination in October of '82, and thinking....this is it? There has to be more to this?! Where's that little dragon guy that's been on TV?

That second trip in November of '83 was sooo much better. The whole pavilion came together.

Although, I can still recite most of "Making Memories."

Matt "Look, look. Into the camera." Jacobs

EPCOT Explorer

Yep... the ride was meant to open in 1982. Tell the truth, they didn`t know when it would open. March 5th 1983 was the earliest they could open with a modified ride system since, well, one or two things went wrong in 1982.
Heh. B Mode JII?:lol:

I'll never forget walking into Imagination in October of '82, and thinking....this is it? There has to be more to this?! Where's that little dragon guy that's been on TV?

That second trip in November of '83 was sooo much better. The whole pavilion came together.

Although, I can still recite most of "Making Memories."

Matt "Look, look. Into the camera." Jacobs

Smile, hug...Hold your breath, and say cheeese...
:D

Cmdr_Crimson

Word on the street is there is a possibility that a new set of logos based on the new SSE one might be coming soon.

Well...If you look at the ones that are in the Post show area..It already gives you an idea....

UoE
DSC02145.jpg

Test Track
DSC02147.jpg

Imagination
DSC02143.jpg

I could say this one would have been for Wonders of Life...However...yeah it's not there anymore...
DSC02144.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Well...If you look at the ones that are in the Post show area..It already gives you an idea....

UoE
DSC02145.jpg

Test Track
DSC02147.jpg

Imagination
DSC02143.jpg

I could say this one would have been for Wonders of Life...However...yeah it's not there anymore...
DSC02144.jpg
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Ever since that had been posted, I had been looking! Where the heck were they?:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom