Retro Epcot Symbols

EPCOT Explorer

I want to say it was part of the user interface of the World Key kiosks.

Like with Martin's picture, the actual screen would have the symbol as part of the "screen saver." I only recall seeing the Bell logo in World Key area of SSE's post show. Again, I'm going from memory....:hammer:

I don't remember seeing it anywhere, save for the C25 Gallery.:shrug:

mcjaco

I recall seeing it on the square directional signs, the one between CCore East BW and Horizons I think.

Possible. I do remember that symbol being more prevelant towards World Showcase, as I don't recall any other kiosks in FW other than the ones in the SSE post show area. I know the only time I really messed with the kiosk was the one in Germany. We found them hard to navigate, and clumsy. That's where I recall the symbol.

I don't remember seeing it anywhere, save for the C25 Gallery.:shrug:

It was short lived, if I recall correctly.

krankenstein

I always thought Imagination symbolized the pulling of different thoughts, ideas, and aspects of the world around you (the outer funnel shapes) into a new single thought (the circle in the middle). :shrug:

jii_logo-2-1.jpg

Captain Hank

Possible. I do remember that symbol being more prevelant towards World Showcase, as I don't recall any other kiosks in FW other than the ones in the SSE post show area.
There were also WorldKey kiosks on the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. The are is now used for a Kim Possible recruiting station.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve got vague recollections of seeing one of the globe symbols burned into the CRT of a kiosk somewhere oudoors... suggesting it was indeed on the title/holding page of the WK system. Unless I`m think of the Bell logo being burned in. All the satellite WK kiosks and the Earthstation wall all had the Bell logo as the WK symbol on all non-screen signage. Apart from Sep 1982 when the Earthstation logo wasn`t installed in time.

As for the globe and figure symbol, let me clarify, it was used on park directional signage wherever World Showcase as an area was identified. The one I recall near Horizons had an arrow to guide people over the Odyssey/Motion bridge.

EPCOT Explorer

I`ve got vague recollections of seeing one of the globe symbols burned into the CRT of a kiosk somewhere oudoors... suggesting it was indeed on the title/holding page of the WK system. Unless I`m think of the Bell logo being burned in. All the satellite WK kiosks and the Earthstation wall all had the Bell logo as the WK symbol on all non-screen signage. Apart from Sep 1982 when the Earthstation logo wasn`t installed in time.

As for the globe and figure symbol, let me clarify, it was used on park directional signage wherever World Showcase as an area was identified. The one I recall near Horizons had an arrow to guide people over the Odyssey/Motion bridge.

Oh gosh...EarthStation had a logo?:lookaroun

mcjaco

I`ve got vague recollections of seeing one of the globe symbols burned into the CRT of a kiosk somewhere oudoors... suggesting it was indeed on the title/holding page of the WK system. Unless I`m think of the Bell logo being burned in.

Nope that's how I remember it too. Then you touched the screen and "Tinkerbell" like glitter trail changed the screen to the menu.

That sounds right from my recollections.

maelstrom

I really thought the globe with the person was the symbol for the World Key Information Center, but I'll trust what Martin says, because he's (almost?) always right.

I think the Imagination symbol is supposed to be a camera shutter... given the attraction's sponsor, it *does* make sense.

Fun2BFree

No it doesn't. If that was the case, they would've based all the attractions symbols off of the sponsor of the attraction.

But the similarity between the Imagination symbol and an aperture is certainly uncanny, especially considering the Magic Eye Theater -- it's at least as probable as anything else.

jii_logo-2-1.jpg

Imagination logo --- Stylised aperture

krankenstein

But the similarity between the Imagination symbol and an aperture is certainly uncanny, especially considering the Magic Eye Theater -- it's at least as probable as anything else.

jii_logo-2-1.jpg

Imagination logo --- Stylised aperture

Sorry, don't buy it. If anything, it looks more like Chase's corporate symbol than anything to do with Kodak.

Chase:

chase.jpg

Kodak:

org_kodak_logo.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom