Restaurants most/least impressed by...

belle_1022

I think the Coral Reef gets the prize for being on most of the dissapointed lists...

There is such POSITIVE HYPE about it and DH & I will not bother eating there again as well as Garden Grill.

I've found through the years to NOT listen to ALL the comments and go in with an open mind & empty stomach. Coral Reef & Garden Grill - I let the positive invade my mind and the voices told me "IT IS GOOD". I tried to eat the food and my stomach said "THIS STINKS, GO TO THE CLOSEST QS - IT HAS TO BE BETTER!"

EvilQueen-T

oops... forgot one for the oh hell no never again list (for my list anyway) is the house of blues. my sister loved it but i got a nice case of food poisoning from a turkey club i had just before we left for the hotel to head home. was positively DYING within 15 minutes...had to jump off the disney bus at the first hotel stop (not our hotel) and tell my sister to get my car and come back and find me. barfing in public restrooms is worse than torture to me and oh yes... public then worse on the drive home... at a rest stop. :zipit:

GeoDonJac34

I haven't been disappointed very often dining at the World, but was not impressed at all at Hollywood and Vine (non-character). Would not go back again. Really enjoyed Cape May, the food at Hoop De Doo, not so much the show, and the burgers at le Cellier. Yes I ordered a burger not a steak.

NYwdwfan

The only restaurant I will never go back to is Chef Mickey (I know...everyone else LOVES it). When we went, birds were flying all over the place like vultures circling prey - and when we were waiting for the check one "went" on the table and just missed my juice. Needless to say, it was a lasting image and we won't be going back until they figure out how to keep birds from entering thru the monorail openings (translation...never).

Other than that, can't say I've been disappointed. Favorites include Hoop dee Doo, Flying Fish, Yak & Yeti & the Plaza. Looking forward to trying dinner at Chefs de France, Teppan Edo, Ohana & Narcoosees in December.

Wishmaker

Garden Grill was a wonderful surprise as was Akershus, both of which we booked for the characters and left loving the food more. Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's have always been reliable favorites too. I will never ever ever ever go to Hollywood & Vine again until they import some characters and change the menu. The citrus salmon on their buffet almost made me gag and the service and theme is well below par. Disney need to step up their game on that one.

staceycrouton

Le Cellier remains our #1 favorite. It has always lived up to it's reputation and then some. I would say that we were pleasantly surprised by Chefs de France. It far surpassed our expectations. We also were surprised by Hoop dee Doo Revue and how much we loved it (we'll be going there for the 3rd time in November).Lastly, breakfast at Cape May was excellent and probably my favorite character breakfast ever.
The biggest disappointment that we have ever had is the dinner at Chef Mickey's. I know that this place is a favorite of many but our experience was terrible. The food was horrible and Chef Mickey's just wasn't able to live up to it's reputation. It is the only restaurant in all of Disney that I don't think I could talk my husband into going back to- not even to try the breakfast instead. Our second disappointment is Tony's Town Square. It has always been a favorite of ours ever since we ate there on our honeymoon 14 years ago. On our last trip, the food at Tony's was a HUGE disappointment. It was awful! That being said, we are giving it one more try in November since there are so few table service restaurants in MK.

Tomi-Rocket

My DH loves the Cape May Clam Bake. He's chosen it twice to go back to for his favorite pick. My younger DS loves 50's, my older DS loves Chef Mickey's. One place we tried last year that blew us all away was the Kona Cafe. We'll definitely go back there. Also, breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe, another one we all enjoyed immensely. The only place none of us liked was Pizza Planet. We haven't been back again since we tried it in '05. Also, none of us was bowled over by ABC Commisary. Very mediocre food. :eek:

ptaylor

Premium Member
Least impressed - Coral Reef, Big River, Planet Hollywood

Most impressed - California Grill, Boma, Jiko, Sanaa, Yachtsman, Kona Breakfast

DrummerAlly

Least Impressed - Narcoossee's

I had very high expectations for Narcoosee's. The appetizer (crab cakes) and dessert (strawberry shortcake) were excellent. Neither my husband or I were all that impressed by our entrees (surf & turf and crab crusted flounder). Over all it was good, but not worth the $60 bill after the 2 credits on the DDP.

Most Impressed - Sanaa & The Wave

Our meals at both of these restaurants were fantastic. We ate at some fantastic restaurants but the best food we had all week was at the Wave and our best experience over all was at Sanaa.

Jaw Dropping Impressed - Tangerine Cafe, the quick service in Morocco in Epcot. The food was out of this world incredible. We were inspired to try Restaurant Marrakesh next time.

kverdon

Tangerine Cafe - Hand down our favorite Quick Service place. We always plan on a meal there or if staying at Beach Club / Boardwalk take a few orders back to our room.

Kevin and Mona

Ariel484

Best TS California Grill. Booked 15th August :)
Best CS Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays,Columbia Harbour House MK

Medium TS Le Cellier, Citricos.
Medium CS Lotus Blossom (but need to bring back Lo Mein)

Worst TS 50's Prime Time DHS if server doesn't play the part.Took relatives 2008 server hopeless food not great had to complain to Manager (normally takes a lot for English people to complain).
Worst CS All at DHS

Only 30 days to go.:wave: Can't wair for 3 weeks of WDW and Florida. Booked for Chefs de France (Dinner), Chef Mickeys (Dinner) T Rex (Dinner) Crystal Palace (Lunch) H & V (early Dinner) not sure if this is a good decision after reading reviews but will give it a chance. Have not been to any of these before.

YES...:hurl:
Really we think Backlot Express is the only decent QS in the Studios.

durangojim

Most impressed -- Victoria and Albert's, incredible food and service
Cali Grill -- although service wasn't great this past time

Least impressed -- San Angel Inn, has really gone down hill over the past 5-10 years
Ankershus -- just didn't like the food
Hollywood and Vine -- the character breakfast was pitiful and couln't compare to Crystal Palace

Disneybird

I found the food on our last visit to Le Cellier to be disappointing, dont think anyone in our party had a meal they enjoyed. Just wasnt up to previous standards. But the worst was undoubtedly Cape May Cafe mediocre sea food served in the atmosphere of a trough.

Never had a bad meal or Dish at the Cali Grill or Jikos but I have to say Kona Cafe is always a delight.

Completely agree about Cape May Cafe. I went on several occassions previously and enjoyed it, and was anxious to go back after a few years absence. My last trip was awful. I won't go back.

I think Kona Cafe is a hidden gem. Love it. And Jiko had excellent service.

The one restaurant that blew me away though was Narcoossees. The service was some of the best I have ever had. There were 8 people in our party and everyone left happy. They gave us complimentary champagne for our anniversay as well as personalized menus. My son-in-law said it was the best meal he ever had. And that week he ate at Cali Grill, Coral Reef, Boma and LeCellier.

mickey2008.1

im going ti stick with op in that a place was better than expected. Ours is Kona Cafe. The sushi is the best on property, crab cake amazing, and our steaks were perfect, way better than le cellier.

disneygirl1

I have to say of all the places that I have eaten at in Disney I was totally disappointed the most with Cape May Cafe breakfast and Yak & Yeti! Doubt I will ever eat at either place again. Cape May mainly b/c of bad service and Y & Y simply b/c of the quality of the food... You can seriously order the same things they have on the menu there at their CS location for half the price!

Favorite places that I will go back to year after year are 'Ohana breakfast, Tusker house breakfast and Whispering Canyon!

mom2boys

Some places that we thought were great were Le Cellier and the Tusker House for breakfast. We really didn't like Hollywood and Vine.
I also thought that Sunshine Seasons in The Land was a great counter service.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Chef Mickey's never really did anything for me or my family. And I've never had a bad meal at Le Cellier. The one place where I was completely surprised by the food was 50's Prime Time. We each had something different, and each of the four meals were surprisingly tasty. It's one of the few restaurants left at WDW we actually really look forward to (of course the bar in the waiting lounge helps too :)).

plaz10

most impressed - Le Cellier and Kona Cafe. Absolutely WOWed at both places. the food was some of the best i've ever had. will return next year to both!

least impressed - Chefs de France. Food was so plain, it had no taste. The restaurant was very loud and we felt shoved into a corner table. We also felt very rushed in between courses. will never return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom