Resort Mugs Report

LadyDarling

I told you folks I'd get back to you on this one (sorry that it's been a while. I've been busy with a show!).

The mugs we got in Decemeber at the CBR now have printing on them that reads "Refillable only at location purchased. Free refills until the end of your stay."

So I guess that settles that! ~Jay

LadyDarling

Original Poster
if your kids are with you and see you taking something that does not belong to you, you are teaching them it is O.K. to steal.

I agree 100%! I'm one of those "rule followers" (I know, I'm weird). I don't cut in lines either. I HATE seeing it happen in Disneyland all the TIME. We had a mother cut in front of us and then hurry her 4 childeren along to cut as well! It was amazing! It might seem like a simple thing, but she's teaching her kids that it's okay and the rules do not apply to them.

Not the way I was raised! And I'm only 24. Not that old!

We get new mugs every year. They are great for me to take to work and back. They stay warm and hold more than the other cups I have at home, and are very durable and easy to clean. Since I don't stop at places like 7/11, or AM/PM, I don't have those cups so for me, it's a great investment. And yes - my last ones in Decemeber W/ the length of stay disclaimer also have the year 03-04 on them.
~J. Darling

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

But more than that, if your kids are with you and see you taking something that does not belong to you, you are teaching them it is O.K. to steal. IMO if you can afford afew thousand dollars for a trip to WDW, you can afford $10 - $12 for a mug.

whoa a few thousand!! who spends that much?? you guys rock! if we ever spent that much my dad's black hairs would be white! :lol: anyway I'm sorry I won't steal the caffeine and syrupy goodness anymore...I'm a bad girl :( ...I promise I'll change my ways and follow the path of righteousness or whatever I will not steal coke no more!!

and oh yeah I steal spoons and forks and knives and soap from the hotel and pens...woo I'm glad I got that off my chest I'll have to stop that too! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by JBSLJames
What is the actual size of these mugs? 12, 16, 20 oz.?

The one from the Poly 2 years ago (white with blue) is 16 oz.
The ones from the Wilderness (same for past few trips..Beige with green) holds 16 oz also ( I think there may be a smaller one), but I also have 2 10 oz ones & 2 20 oz ones (same color different shape...not cup holder friendly) from there from 1996.

Now I might try to re use the newer ones, but I wouldn't even think about the older ones (though I did see some being used last summer & nobody said a word).

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
whoa a few thousand!! who spends that much?? you guys rock! if we ever spent that much my dad's black hairs would be white! :lol:
Its very easy to spend a few thousand...depends on transportation & what Resort you are staying in, how many people, etc.

[/B]
and oh yeah I steal spoons and forks and knives and soap from the hotel and pens...woo I'm glad I got that off my chest I'll have to stop that too! :rolleyes: [/B]

I'm a pen collector. I have 2 from my honeymoon & that was almost 22 years ago. :D
We do ask for (and receive) extra Mickey shampoo, lotion, etc. Thats always fun to use when you need a Mickey fix.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member

and oh yeah I steal spoons and forks and knives and soap from the hotel and pens...woo I'm glad I got that off my chest I'll have to stop that too! :rolleyes:

Hotels do not expect to reuse individual toiletries and pens, so do not mind if you take the unused portion with you, even if that portion is 100% of the item. They are there to use as you please.That's factored into the cost; if it becomes an economic issue, they will stop supplying them, as many hotels have stopped supplying lotions, sewing kits, etc.

They DO expect to reuse knives, forks, dishes, towels, TVs, etc. Taking them IS stealing, as they are for your use DURING your stay only.

It appears that WDW changed their original policy re mugs. They are depending upon people to be honest about using them, but are probably aware that some people are breaking the rules. The same thing happens with maximum occupancy, age and height rules, pool rules, etc. When abuse becomes more of a problem, they will be stricter about enforcement.

Upvote 0

kev9035

Those Mugs

Clearly a topic that gets people talking...As I have said in other threads of a similar topic..

When I got my first resort mug it was in Dec. 1996 and I was staying at the Polynesian. I too was told that it would be good every time I returned to that resort. (Only that resort.) I was told this by not just one, but several cast members. I keept asking about it because I didn't think it was something Disney would do.

The sad part, I kept forgetting to bring them back. :) Oops!

If Disney did intend this program to be a "length of stay" program in the very begining, then they should have informed all their cm's about it before they presented the product to me as they did. I understand that policies can change and Disney probably found that they lost alot of money with the program.

Forgive me if this has been covered before: Do any CM's here know if the original program was indeed that a mug could be refilled on other trips as long as it was the same resort or if that was not what the program was intended to be in the very begining?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

and oh yeah I steal spoons and forks and knives and soap from the hotel and pens...woo I'm glad I got that off my chest I'll have to stop that too! :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

surely you mean the plastic stuff in the food courts...right???

Upvote 0

debbiedoo

On my last trip to disney in 2002, I meet a CM in the parks who talked about the issue. Coke and disney exchange for their services. There is no charge for the syrup, but disney does not charge ckoe for printing their logo on merchandise.

This Cm and his wife were pretty legit. For those of you who take back mugs on multiple trips, shame on you, that is why the prices keep increasing. i work in retail, and shopliting is the reason why everything from clothes to keep increasing in price!!

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by The Mom
Hotels do not expect to reuse individual toiletries and pens, so do not mind if you take the unused portion with you, even if that portion is 100% of the item. They are there to use as you please.That's factored into the cost; if it becomes an economic issue, they will stop supplying them, as many hotels have stopped supplying lotions, sewing kits, etc.

They DO expect to reuse knives, forks, dishes, towels, TVs, etc. Taking them IS stealing, as they are for your use DURING your stay only.

It appears that WDW changed their original policy re mugs. They are depending upon people to be honest about using them, but are probably aware that some people are breaking the rules. The same thing happens with maximum occupancy, age and height rules, pool rules, etc. When abuse becomes more of a problem, they will be stricter about enforcement.

i was kidding! we don't steal any of that...I did however take a few soup spoons last december and put them in this big box with 2 ornaments I bought my mom for Christmas and when she opened the box she saw the spoons and thought that was her present...but I'm not a thief! we haven't even abused the maximum occupancy thing...sarcasm people sarcasm!

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Dwarful

surely you mean the plastic stuff in the food courts...right??? [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: of course! 1) I hadn't even thought of the metal ones or whatever from sit-down restaurants until you mentioned it...2) we never go to sit-down restaurants so that's why I didn't think of it...I'm not a klepto :lol:

Upvote 0

Pippa

whoa a few thousand!! who spends that much?? you guys rock! if we ever spent that much my dad's black hairs would be white! :lol: anyway I'm sorry I won't steal the caffeine and syrupy goodness anymore...I'm a bad girl :( ...I promise I'll change my ways and follow the path of righteousness or whatever I will not steal coke no more!!

When you are flying in from the UK it definately costs "a few thousand"!! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom