Resort Mugs Report

LadyDarling

I told you folks I'd get back to you on this one (sorry that it's been a while. I've been busy with a show!).

The mugs we got in Decemeber at the CBR now have printing on them that reads "Refillable only at location purchased. Free refills until the end of your stay."

So I guess that settles that! ~Jay

pepsistar

:lookaroun Just got back from Pop Century a few weeks ago-- I believe we paid almost $12.00 for the new mugs-- Do not see any writing on the mugs about refills? We did see signs though, basically in the rooms. ( still a good deal, wish you cold store them someplace :lol: instead of having to return to the room ha ha )

The idea for refills at all parks and etc would be great!!! Then you would not mind carring it around all day :( While we were there we did see people using a few mugs from the other All Stars. Pop has quite a few people cleaning up the drink stations all the time and I did not see/notice/hear any of them saying anything to the guests using an All Star mug-----

?????? What happens "IF" you stay at one resosrt for a few days and then another for the rest of your stay? Hummmmm You should not have to buy a NEW mug for each resort--:rolleyes:

Guess I am bad--- :( I used mine from the All Stars that I just bought- in Nov. ( met my daughter/family for a 2 day stay ) Only use it maybe once or twice while I am there :lookaroun personally I do not think that it is soooooo bad!! I spend LOTS of $$$$$$$$$ on food and souviners etc. three or four times a year.

I have always been told they were forever also, like one of the other posters. Untill recently I had always thought it was still true? As long as it is a RESORT mug, is what I was told when I asked in Nov. ??????? :lookaroun Guess we will have to see if they get mug police/ spotters :lol: :cry: :brick: Hummm another new role for cast members?????

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I really can’t believe that some of you actually believe the mugs were good for life. Common sense would tell you that $10 for a lifetime coke isn’t going to happen. Now that signs are posted everywhere that state length of stay people continue to steal. Yes it’s stealing. Taking something you didn’t pay for is stealing. Don’t worry though Disney will never enforce the policy. It’s also funny that some of you make excuses for your behavior…I spend a lot of money here. Well then spend the extra $$ and buy a new mug.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, for us its cheaper to just buy the mugs, but we will be there for a lengthy stay, 10 days, even if we drink only 1 drink a day then the mug has paid for itself and we have a nice souvineer that makes for a great "car" cup for the kids.

Now because we are going to be there for such a long stay, I think we will be getting a minifridge, buying one at the local wal-mart when we arrive and then passing it on to another guest. Because at $10.70 a day, it will be cheaper for us to buy one. Will be great to have for cold milk & juice for the little ones, quick breakfast snacks, etc.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

I really can’t believe that some of you actually believe the mugs were good for life. Common sense would tell you that $10 for a lifetime coke isn’t going to happen. Now that signs are posted everywhere that state length of stay people continue to steal. Yes it’s stealing. Taking something you didn’t pay for is stealing. Don’t worry though Disney will never enforce the policy. It’s also funny that some of you make excuses for your behavior…I spend a lot of money here. Well then spend the extra $$ and buy a new mug.

For goodness sake... its $10.70!!!!!!

I wanted to reply to these two posts...ok, in my family's particular case, we bought 3 mugs at ASMusic in 2002 and since then have stayed at AS like 3 more times so each time we have taken back the mugs...:rolleyes: turns out though the only ones who have used them on subsequent trips (IF anyone because sometimes we take them for nothing) are my mom and dad who like to have their diet coke and coffee, respectively. We have also bought from CS and CB and lemme tell you, for FIVE people in the family those "hard earned" 10.70 (and lemme tell you, theyre not 10.70 anymore they've gone up!) adds up to a REALLY hard earned 50-60 bux and add on top of that TWO hotel rooms, FIVE FL Resident passes/seasonal passes, etc and you're climbing up there...that is why we have had to buy only THREE mugs per hotel and my sister and I would share, my brother and dad would share, and my mom would get it to herself sometimes...So hey that's my 2 cents...I would get kinda embarassed bringing CB mugs to an AS resort, which is why we bought AS mugs and hey they still look the same...and before you get your panties all in a bunch :lol: you'll be happy to know we barely even use the refreshment stands anymore so we don't "steal" as much anymore...because in the morning we get nesquik :slurp: and at night we're too tired or too late to eat at the hotel, or we eat somewhere else.

Upvote 0

celticdog

Originally posted by Lovecraft
Seems like a lot of money to invest in an easily defeatable system.

Guest buys a mug, has several other non barcoded mug, fills barcaoded mug, pours this into non barcoded mug, and repeats for all mugs.

I think in the resorts it would be more cost effective to not install the system.

Depending how computerized this system is, it may not be easily defeated. For example: I go up and get a drink. The system may be set with a waiting period, meaning i can't go back and get another drink for 5, 10, 15 minutes. If i try to soon it will meerly deny me a refill.

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
I wanted to reply to these two posts...ok, in my family's particular case, we bought 3 mugs at ASMusic in 2002 and since then have stayed at AS like 3 more times so each time we have taken back the mugs...:rolleyes: turns out though the only ones who have used them on subsequent trips (IF anyone because sometimes we take them for nothing) are my mom and dad who like to have their diet coke and coffee, respectively. We have also bought from CS and CB and lemme tell you, for FIVE people in the family those "hard earned" 10.70 (and lemme tell you, theyre not 10.70 anymore they've gone up!) adds up to a REALLY hard earned 50-60 bux and add on top of that TWO hotel rooms, FIVE FL Resident passes/seasonal passes, etc and you're climbing up there...that is why we have had to buy only THREE mugs per hotel and my sister and I would share, my brother and dad would share, and my mom would get it to herself sometimes...So hey that's my 2 cents...I would get kinda embarassed bringing CB mugs to an AS resort, which is why we bought AS mugs and hey they still look the same...and before you get your panties all in a bunch :lol: you'll be happy to know we barely even use the refreshment stands anymore so we don't "steal" as much anymore...because in the morning we get nesquik :slurp: and at night we're too tired or too late to eat at the hotel, or we eat somewhere else.

While I agree it adds up, you made the decision to visit and stay. This may be a long shot here, but, maybe they wouldn't be more expensive now if people would use them properly. Costs are always passed off to the consumers.

Seems to me there is a lot of rationalizing going on. Kind of reminds me of something else I've heard before "It depends on what the definition of "is" is." Stealing is stealing, period. When we bought our mugs at the CB in 2002, it didn't occur to me to pack them up for the next trip. I just assumed they were for the length of my stay, and that the resort would change the design or keep track somehow.

I'm not preaching and you can do what you want. Just remember that as you complain about prices, etc. this one seems to be a no brainer to resolve.

:)

Upvote 0

Jon_in_NC

Originally posted by wdwfan22

Well said! People, you cannot pay $10-$12 for a mug and expect you have a right to use it on your subsequent trips for a lifetime supply of Coke. You complain about the $12 for the mug now, but when Disney discontinues this program you will REALLY complain about having to pay $3.00 for a Coke everytime!

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by GoofyFan1
While I agree it adds up, you made the decision to visit and stay. This may be a long shot here, but, maybe they wouldn't be more expensive now if people would use them properly. Costs are always passed off to the consumers.

Seems to me there is a lot of rationalizing going on. Kind of reminds me of something else I've heard before "It depends on what the definition of "is" is." Stealing is stealing, period. When we bought our mugs at the CB in 2002, it didn't occur to me to pack them up for the next trip. I just assumed they were for the length of my stay, and that the resort would change the design or keep track somehow.

I'm not preaching and you can do what you want. Just remember that as you complain about prices, etc. this one seems to be a no brainer to resolve.

I was just giving it to you all from my personal point of view and basically playing devil's advocate for those who are rationalizing the stealing of drinks...The mugs are nice to have yes, but on future trips it's like forget it, get one at the most to have because "ooh pretty I like yes let's take" but for the program, hey cancel it :lol: WE personally don't need it because we don't take advantage of it, we drink coke and all that at the parks so this program hasn't helped...we bought the mugs because they were nice to have but we regret buying so many...oh well whatever

:D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by DDuckFan130

but for the program, hey cancel it :lol: WE personally don't need it because we don't take advantage of it, we drink coke and all that at the parks so this program hasn't helped...we bought the mugs because they were nice to have but we regret buying so many...oh well whatever

:D

We buy new ones each time...there are four of us & we use them plenty. It pays for us. I don't have to go searching for change or singles, the kids go down to the snack bar & fill up.(usually more than once per meal or snack run)
If anyone doesn't want to partake thats OK because they don't force you. No big deal. Am I going to judge you because you use your mug for more than one visit...nope. Its not my place.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by tigsmom
We buy new ones each time...there are four of us & we use them plenty. It pays for us. I don't have to go searching for change or singles, the kids go down to the snack bar & fill up.(usually more than once per meal or snack run)
If anyone doesn't want to partake thats OK because they don't force you. No big deal. Am I going to judge you because you use your mug for more than one visit...nope. Its not my place.

That's cool that you buy each time because you actually take advantage of the unlimited refills I'm not the kind to judge either...unfortunately we don't so hey that's cool too...I will reiterate though that the cups are nice to have, but not a lot of them my mom got sick of storing so many :lol: but I wanna go to a different hotel next trip to collect one of whatever hotel we go to...nice souvenir definitely.

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

Originally posted by tigsmom

I hope it didn't come off that I was judging anyone. That wasn't my intent. We buy and use the mugs, and like the program.

On this site many people complain about the lack of up-keep and how the company is cutting back in the parks. If the resorts don't keep losing money because of the mis-use of the mugs then maybe other things can be done with that money. This is one way, a small way albeit, that we can help get WDW back to the way we want it.

Just my opinion, and I've been wrong before. (Just ask my wife. :D )

Upvote 0

terry55

When the mugs first came out they were marketed as forever. You could use them as many times as you came back to the same resort. I thought it was a a perk for staying on grounds. I buy a new one everytime I go but I still use old ones also. I probably have around 30 of these mugs stuck in storage at home. I have no problem with reusing since that was the purpose in the beginning. Am going back in 3 weeks and intend to buy one new and take my pop century mug I got in Jan. to use also.

Terry

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I hope it didn't come off that I was judging anyone. That wasn't my intent. We buy and use the mugs, and like the program.

On this site many people complain about the lack of up-keep and how the company is cutting back in the parks. If the resorts don't keep losing money because of the mis-use of the mugs then maybe other things can be done with that money. This is one way, a small way albeit, that we can help get WDW back to the way we want it.

Just my opinion, and I've been wrong before. (Just ask my wife. :D )

Sorry...it wasn't my intent for anyone to feel singled out. I was just saying that I wasn't going to judge anyone. We all do what we have to do to get along in this life. If re using your mugs works for you who am I to complain?

And we wives have been known to be wrong on occasion. ( I know, can you believe it? :lol: )

:wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Wow, and I thought only Janet & Justin created this much debate!
Seriously though, we love the mugs, our family gets their moneys worth and we buy new. If they were on some type of 5-15 min. time delay to prevent people from filling, dumping into other mugs and refilling, that would be annoying, as the mugs are small and my husband can easily down one on a hot day in just minutes and need a refill. Too each his (or her) own.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

My daughter gets my money's worth out of her mug. When we figured out it wasn't a lifetime a few years ago, we started buying new mugs on return trips.

Or you can do what I do, drink water!!!!!

Hey - today is my one year anniversary on WDWmagic. :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:D I drink "Pepsi" and water, and do bring my own!!! :lol: YAH!!! YAH!!!

Bring back my PEPSI!!! OK!! OK!! Does anyone else remember when we used to have a choice?? :lookaroun :D

We get the mugs for the kids and my daughter-- Like one other person said, you do not need to buy one for each person if the cost gets too much! $$$$$$$ That can save you a little. (Sure can add up at 12.00 each now)

My daugher and my grandson usually share and then I use the other one IF I get a drink from the beverage bar. Most of the time we have a drink/water from the parks.

I/we have many different mugs from several resorts and like I said, we just bought the Pop Century ones- ( We always get the new ones when they change, or we are at a new/different resort )

However, I guess it is just me, I do not think I need/should have to buy another one for the same resort if I am going back in one or two months-- Sorry! :eek:

Maybe when I win the Lottery?? Well ??? Uhhhhhhhhh ?? :lol: :lookaroun To each his own , I guess------ ;)

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

I know I plan on buying 4 when my family is there in November. I will do my best to justify the cost.

And you do have a choice. Coke or Diet Coke. Can't go wrong there. :lol:

If you want a pepsi, get a Coke and let it sit until it loses its carbonation, waa laa. . . pepsi.

Upvote 0

taholden

We just bought mugs in December and there is a note on the side close to the bottom that says 2003-2004 season. I guess you can use them for that time period.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

What a funny discussion. I think resort mugs are EXCELLENT value for money - however, a quick cost analysis would always be beneficial depending on how long you stay.

For most Brits we would go to Orlando for 14 nights. Lets say you have coffee in the morning and a soda at ngiht

14 x A cup of coffee each morning @ $1.99 = $27.86
14 x Cup of Large Soda @ 1.99 = $27.86

Thats $55.72. You only have to have like 6 drinks out of your resort mug and it has paid for itself!

Its even better value if you are sharing the mug amongst others!

On the subject of coke. Somewhere on the boards someone said that post-mix more or less works out free to WDW because of the amount of bottles they buy in.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

" Stealing is stealing, period.

From the point of view of a Law Enforcement Officer, you are right. By getting refills when you are not entitled to them you are depriving WDW of property that belongs to them, therefore it is theft.

But more than that, if your kids are with you and see you taking something that does not belong to you, you are teaching them it is O.K. to steal. IMO if you can afford afew thousand dollars for a trip to WDW, you can afford $10 - $12 for a mug.

It also does not matter if they get the syrup for free, it belongs to them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom