Resort Merchandise diminishing?

Tori

Some Fort Wilderness merchandise has popped up too!

002-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

I hope this resort specific trend keeps up!

216bruce

There was a good variety of Wilderness Lodge t-shirts, sweatshirts a hat and some other stuff too when we were there 11/10-13. Nice to see. Certainly did my part in buying it.

prberk

I also agree that more items without characters are also nice, especially in the Wilderness categories (Fort and Lodge). It could easily have wolves or landscapes. Same is true of the AKL.

Still seems like they would put "Walt Disney World" logo in small lettering at the bottom of the resort-specific shirts, to demonstrate that is a resort within Walt Disney World.

I am once again encountering people who think "Disney World" is the Magic Kingdom, probably because of all the ubiquitous "Disney Parks" commercials that only show princesses, characters, and castles...

llrain

so the cast member I talked to in april and reported it here was actually telling the truth about something.....thats a miracle in itself

cant wait to finally get my hands on some beach club items in april!!woohoo

surfsupdon

Yes, I posted in October that Yacht Club CM said that Resort Specific stuff would be coming back to Yacht/Beach "at the end of the year."

So glad to see things are coming back at the Resorts. My stays at Poly, Wilderness Lodge, BoardWalk, and Beach Club were all during the drought of Resort specific clothes. I have some awesome Yacht Club and Caribbean Beach polos and a really nice windbreaker from YC.

puntagordabob

Sadly no Contemporary Resort merchandise at the CR shops yet with exception of Mr. Dotson's excellent artwork of the CR & BLT....

However I did run into a nice Contemporary Resort plastic coffee stir stick!! So there is HOPE....

prberk

I like the "Por favor, mentanganse alejedo de las puertas" monorail T-shirts myself. Not exactly resort-specific but attraction-specific and fun! The Contemporary was selling those for a while.

But the Contemporary should sell some monorail and marina-themed shirts. It should also have ties and a shop with business casual clothes for the conventioneers.

COProgressFan

However I did run into a nice Contemporary Resort plastic coffee stir stick!! So there is HOPE....

What!?!!

Call Jay Rasulo immediately! Per corporate edict, all coffee stirrers must read "Disney Parks, where magical dreams of wishes and magic come true and celebrate!" Any variation will not be tolerated! :p

puntagordabob

What!?!!

Call Jay Rasulo immediately! Per corporate edict, all coffee stirrers must read "Disney Parks, where magical dreams of wishes and magic come true and celebrate!" Any variation will not be tolerated! :p

LOL yeah I was shocked to see them...... I am hoping that this along with the other sightings being posted in this thread is "just the beginning".....rather than the climax :( ....

Minnie1976

GF Dec. 21-27, 2011

SORRY I PUT THE WRONG RESORT IN MY ORIGINAL POST. IT SHOULD BE GF AND NOT CONT. I GUESS THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY AND DO DISNEY AND WATCH THE SAINTS' GAME.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT.

I saw these GF shirts and hats during our trip Dec. 21-27, 2011. I didn't purchase one because it wasn't as nice as the one my husband bought for me when the GF first opened and my old one has Mickey on it. I wore it til it was almost a rag. I wish they would produce the original one. Also the quality wasn't as nice as my original one.

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I saw these Contemporary shirts and hats during our trip Dec. 21-27, 2011. I didn't purchase one because it wasn't as nice as the one my husband bought for me when the Cont first opened and my old one has Mickey on it. I wore it til it was almost a rag. I wish they would produce the original one. Also the quality wasn't as nice as my original one.

I assume you mean Grand Floridian, as the pictures you posted are of the GF, not the Contemporary.

That being said, the "Dream Big, Live Grand" shirt is kind of cool, but those hats (especially the ones with the building on the front) are hideous looking.

puntagordabob

SORRY I PUT THE WRONG RESORT IN MY ORIGINAL POST. IT SHOULD BE GF AND NOT CONT. I GUESS THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY AND DO DISNEY AND WATCH THE SAINTS' GAME.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT.

I saw these GF shirts and hats during our trip Dec. 21-27, 2011. I didn't purchase one because it wasn't as nice as the one my husband bought for me when the GF first opened and my old one has Mickey on it. I wore it til it was almost a rag. I wish they would produce the original one. Also the quality wasn't as nice as my original one.

DSCN0769.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

Love the hat with the buildings logo.... would LOVE to see a Contemporary & BLT combo with the monorail on it... would be on my head as I left the store! :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Has anyone seen any Beach Club merchandise? I will be there in about a month and hope to something that is resort specific.

The Beach Club has nothing save for "maybe" a pin, according to the CMs I asked. I was actually directed to the Yacht Club if I wanted something along those lines...

The Boardwalk on the other hand does have resort-specific merchandise (tshirts, jackets, "Tumbler" cups, magnets and pins), but alas no coffee mugs. At least as of earlier tonight.

From those I've asked at four resorts now it appears that only the Deluxe resorts will get any real variety of resort-specific merchandise.

sbkline

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in April and I remember several resort specific items: hats, T-Shirts, sweatshirts, and I think some mugs. Not the souvenier refillable mugs, but regular coffee mugs and cups. I also remember seeing plush Mickey and gang in the Indian canoe thing, and I think they had some of those totem pole things...miniature versions of the big totem pole in the lobby by the gift shop. Maybe they're just selling through what they have, on their way to not having much resort specific merchandise.

Like others, I find it sad. To me, if you stay on property, the hotel you stay in is an attraction unto itself and a notable part of your Disney vacation. You should be able to find resort specific merchandise just as much as you would find park specific merchandise. If their goal is to "become one", what's next...eliminating all specific Epcot merchandise in favor of generic Walt Disney World souveniers? :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom