Resort Merchandise diminishing?

juniorthomas

i agree with that. i wouldn't either. i really miss the resort specific tshirts and refillable mugs. i like the tshirts that are ride specific. my granddaughters favorite and well worn t-shirt is a hideous tye-dyed t-shirt she got the first time she rode splash mountain aka her favorite ride. any time someone says anything about the shirt they get to sit through her recount of the ride.

Hahaha. I completely get that.

So many of the shirts are seemingly made to invade your senses and distract your common sense as you pony up $30 per. When you look at them all together, they're just so silly. Every time I see them I ask myself the same thing: who approved these?!?!

EvilQueen-T

i have two that are sort of hidden mickey-ish. one is a red shirt with the american flag, the stars on the flag are classic mickey's. the other is a green tshirt with a peace sign on the front, the peace sign is all a collage of hidden mickey heads. those are my favorite types that i'm always on the lookout for.

juniorthomas

i have two that are sort of hidden mickey-ish. one is a red shirt with the american flag, the stars on the flag are classic mickey's. the other is a green tshirt with a peace sign on the front, the peace sign is all a collage of hidden mickey heads. those are my favorite types that i'm always on the lookout for.

I wish they'd at least broaden what they offer a little. Lately I've seen them trend a little more modern with the brightly colored Mickey shirts. I appreciate that, but I feel they need to get a bigger push into different styles...

invader

It really blows, we stayed at YC from 8/3 to 8/7 and saw barely anything with the YC branding on it. The only thing we saw was two pins!

colliera

Unique Items or No

And they still have plenty of that.

Here is the thing. Ditch any romantic ideas you have of a holier than thou, mom and pop shop that cares nothing for profit. Disney is going to go where the money is. If you don't like it stop buying. When enough people do that they will change. Until that happens they are going to follow the cash flow.

You mean like when they drove the Disney Stores in malls into the ground because they dropped the unique items and sold the same stuff you COULD get at WalMart . . . but only at a cheaper price.

Nope, unique premium experiences/produce demand a premium price. It's why people wait 90 minutes to ride a 90 second spinner ride like Dumbo that is in every other park and county fair in the world. Oh yea. I forgot. The car at the end of the lift arm IS Dumbo - not a generic bucket car. If I can get the same generic experience/product at a cheaper price elsewhere why bother with the Disney brand. I guess they should shutter the Art of Disney store and just sell only 1,000,000 lithographs of the Disney Parks logo. Creativity and uniqueness is out the door.

You'll see me up the road at WWOHP where they get it. Now how much is it for the plastic stick in the box? $30? Which one do I want? What do you mean there are twenty-five different wands? How could you possibly make any money that way? Gee, I could have a complete set for only $750!
Gosh, I'm a little short on funds. Guess I shouldn't have bought all those Vinylmations.

sksowell

This is sad, I don't believe this stuff was not selling so keeping my fingers crossed that they are just clearing out the old to bring in the new :).

flavious27

I'm surprised nobody is using it as an avatar yet. It's going to happen.

goofyparade.jpg

Well if anyone did, here is the image after being cropped.

dxwwf3

Yes!!!! I asked multiple times this summer about Boardwalk specific merchandise. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one and they did something about it.

devoy1701

Bolna

The merchandise appeared in the shop while I was staying at the Boardwalk in October. I was very pleased to see it.

I seem to remember that someone did post something about new resort specific merchandise at OKW a little while ago... I would hope that this is indeed a trend back to resort specific merchandise.

prberk

Good. It does seem like, however, that the T-shirt would have "Walt Disney World" in moderately small letters across the bottom, and maybe "Lake Buena Vista, FL" in small letters below that. My two cents.

Either way, though, the more location-specific and unique merchandise the better. I can only buy so many generic shirts before I don't care to buy another one (especially the exact same one that I might have seen elsewhere around WDW).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom