Resort Merchandise diminishing?

Irie

The Beach Club has nothing save for "maybe" a pin, according to the CMs I asked. I was actually directed to the Yacht Club if I wanted something along those lines...

The Boardwalk on the other hand does have resort-specific merchandise (tshirts, jackets, "Tumbler" cups, magnets and pins), but alas no coffee mugs. At least as of earlier tonight.

From those I've asked at four resorts now it appears that only the Deluxe resorts will get any real variety of resort-specific merchandise.
We went to the Beach Club for dinner the week before Christmas. They had very little resort specific merchandise, so we walked over to the Yacht Club. They had a Yacht Club polo and t-shirts, etc. I spoke to the manager and he stated that they had just gotten their resort specific merchandise and that the Beach Club would be getting theirs in the Spring. I also saw some AKL resort merchandise while there. Maybe, the trend is starting to reverse, at least for the deluxe resorts.

flavious27

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in April and I remember several resort specific items: hats, T-Shirts, sweatshirts, and I think some mugs. Not the souvenier refillable mugs, but regular coffee mugs and cups. I also remember seeing plush Mickey and gang in the Indian canoe thing, and I think they had some of those totem pole things...miniature versions of the big totem pole in the lobby by the gift shop. Maybe they're just selling through what they have, on their way to not having much resort specific merchandise.

Like others, I find it sad. To me, if you stay on property, the hotel you stay in is an attraction unto itself and a notable part of your Disney vacation. You should be able to find resort specific merchandise just as much as you would find park specific merchandise. If their goal is to "become one", what's next...eliminating all specific Epcot merchandise in favor of generic Walt Disney World souveniers? :brick:

I have the same thought. One of the main reasons why we stay at different resorts is because we want to try out the different themes. It is also why we have favorites, we like that theme. There are some people that will buy a t-shirt every time they go because they want something to remember of that trip, but great designed merch will bring more sales.

disneypearl

Just got back from the Beach Club. Unfortunatly, there was no Beach Club merchandise to be found except for a pin. I asked and was told that they think they will hopefully get some items in March. They did ask me to take a survey as I walked out of the marketplace and was happy to do so. I made sure to answer that I was looking for Beach Club merchandise on every appropriate answer.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
It seems as though the Wilderness Lodge is the only Resort that has a decent selection of resort mechandise. Although it doesn't compare to what they used to have, it is still head and shoulders above the rest. I get new t-shirts and polos every time we stay (we're DVC members and our "home" resort is WL).

surfsupdon

Returned last night.

Yacht Club had a bunch of stuff. Guy and girl T Shirts. Very nice windbreaker jackets with the Yacht Club crest over the right pec. Some sailor hats. Polo shirts with the crest. I was very pleasantly surprised!!!

Beach Club had nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom