Reservation expansion

Disney Glimpses

IMO it's cause they make that way. I'm sorry for a company that claims they are the leader they sure aren't that anymore.
Sorry if seemed like I was defending them. I'm not really. They're making all of this way more complicated than it really is and treating people like robots. That being said, I can understand why additional changes would be slow to come.

Liquid Ice

I fear that as the gap between resort guests and APs widens, there will be unforeseen and difficult to control consequences.

For example, people with resort reservations (especially DVC) often have unused capacity in their hotel rooms. I can just imagine the eBay listings now: WDW Resort Reservation Spot - UNLIMITED PARKS - UNLIMITED HOPPING - NO BLOCK OUTS - $5/day

LOL, I know I have offered local friends the ability to be on my reservation to enjoy extended evening hours, no charge of course - but this would be really funny to see a business selling access to be added to your reservation for access to the parks. You do of course run the risk of someone entering your room and stealing all your stuff or killing you in your sleep though!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
LOL, I know I have offered local friends the ability to be on my reservation to enjoy extended evening hours, no charge of course - but this would be really funny to see a business selling access to be added to your reservation for access to the parks. You do of course run the risk of someone entering your room and stealing all your stuff or killing you in your sleep though!
Well, I guess they better be good friends!

Jrb1979

Sorry if seemed like I was defending them. I'm not really. They're making all of this way more complicated than it really is and treating people like robots. That being said, I can understand why additional changes would be slow to come.
They really are making it more complicated then it needs to be. I never understood their love of the controling guests. It's been that way since the original FP. They spend all this money on systems to control guest behavior when they should have spent it on new attractions for the parks.

Disney Glimpses

They really are making it more complicated then it needs to be. I never understood their love of the controling guests. It's been that way since the original FP. They spend all this money on systems to control guest behavior when they should have spent it on new attractions for the parks.
Their view of a perfect world is the same number of people at the parks all day every day with the same ratio of vacationers to locals. This is their attempt to achieve that.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Their view of a perfect world is the same number of people at the parks all day every day with the same ratio of vacationers to locals. This is their attempt to achieve that.
And they are smoking some good stuff. They should pump that out on Main Street and make the guests happy. It's really surprising how little of a clue the current management has about running a Disney theme park.

Chip Chipperson

It's a summertime hire bonus... October would be too late.

Then it's not really $2.77/hour if they have to work more weeks than your hypothetical situation - unless they quit 3 months after starting. Otherwise, it's a temporary bump of some amount much smaller than $2.77/hour and a pay cut in January when that $1,000 is no longer a part of their annual compensation.

Disney Glimpses

Then it's not really $2.77/hour if they have to work more weeks than your hypothetical situation - unless they quit 3 months after starting. Otherwise, it's a temporary bump of some amount much smaller than $2.77/hour and a pay cut in January when that $1,000 is no longer a part of their annual compensation.
And in reality, the $650 post-tax dollars that this bonus is really just gets eaten up by misc. job transition costs. It's nothing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
lol those trackers require consent from the user. you can't just track random people lol

Oh come on, we all know Disney has a huge rooms with massive displays that are tracking guests and CM's around the parks via their cell phones at all times. Why do you think they keep building these large ugly boxes in each park? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom