Reservation expansion

Furiated

So wait, as an AP, can I have my regular Park Pass for DHS AND a 12pm Afternoon Entry to Epcot on the same day, allowing me to park hop before 2pm?

Disney Glimpses

So wait, as an AP, can I have my regular Park Pass for DHS AND a 12pm Afternoon Entry to Epcot on the same day, allowing me to park hop before 2pm?
From what I understand, as of right now anyways, if you have a regular park pass (for DHS, in your example), normal park hopping rules apply and you wouldn't need reservations to hop. As for Afternoon Entry reservations, I am unaware of what the plans are there re: park hopping rules (if any).

Disney Glimpses

Tin foil hat much? Do you honestly believe that a manager would even have access to location data for an individual in a park? Or care enough to even find it? Much easier to just call someone else I would think.
Haha I love how technologically advanced people believe Disney is regarding this stuff. Most of this stuff is hacked together, so many systems don't talk to one another and leaders certainly don't have access to that data (in reality, under normal circumstances, no human does).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Tin foil hat much? Do you honestly believe that a manager would even have access to location data for an individual in a park? Or care enough to even find it? Much easier to just call someone else I would think.
I've upgraded to the titanium tyrolean.

I look at what's possible and bounce it off expectations and moral imperatives (if any exist).

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah, from what I understand this is to add options, not to restrict guests (or APs) further. There is untapped capacity in the afternoons and evenings and this seeks to offer that capacity to guests in the form of reservations.

I kind of chuckle when I see complaints about this saying "so now the parks will be even more crowded??" If you are pushing this argument, then you are in favor of park reservations. You can't have it both ways.
So we are out of state AP holders, but have resort reservations. I take it that the system will look at us as resort guests first, and AP holders second?

Disney Glimpses

So we are out of state AP holders, but have resort reservations. I take it that the system will look at us as resort guests first, and AP holders second?
I have no confirmation of this but that is the strong expectation. I would be utterly shocked if this weren't the case as APs are simply packaged day tickets (so to speak) for resort guests with multiple or long stays.

CaptainAmerica

Unless, of course, those employees are college students...
Or Haitians.

(Point of clarity: I'm not referring to Haitian-Americans, I'm referring to Haitians in Haiti, to whom I think we should be issuing permanent residency visas left and right because they will improve their lives and our country.)

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

I fear that as the gap between resort guests and APs widens, there will be unforeseen and difficult to control consequences.

For example, people with resort reservations (especially DVC) often have unused capacity in their hotel rooms. I can just imagine the eBay listings now: WDW Resort Reservation Spot - UNLIMITED PARKS - UNLIMITED HOPPING - NO BLOCK OUTS - $5/day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom