Reservation expansion

Kamikaze

No doubt it’s really limiting. But I’m sure people are still buying it.

All of this is a function of how poorly Disney has developed all of their non castle parks.
Oh no doubt they're buying it. Its mentally difficult to visit DLR and be stuck in one park with the other one 100 yards away. I'd rather be in DL in the morning and DCA at night, but thats the opposite of what reservations are usually available.

Disney Glimpses

We can finally squash the park hopping reservation rumor, fortunately:

I think there are a lot of changes with a lot of nuances coming and some of those changes affect some guests and not other guests at all. It's unfortunately becoming very complicated and you will need to be in tune to the rules that pertain to the type of guest you are.

That being said, it's understandable why partial information could lead to wild conclusions.

Jrb1979

I think there are a lot of changes with a lot of nuances coming and some of those changes affect some guests and not other guests at all. It's unfortunately becoming very complicated and you will need to be in tune to the rules that pertain to the type of guest you are.

That being said, it's understandable why partial information could lead to wild conclusions.
There is no need for it to be this complex. They need to stop trying to control how guests visit the park.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
One small food for thought: as the parks restore staffing and offerings, reservations are going to be less and less of an issue over time for 95% of the year.
Maybe true, but the issue is still that we'll have to make them. Granted, we always made FP+ reservations at 60 days out, but it was often for the second park, not the first. And some days we would just skip the first and go directly to the second. The reservation system kills that by requiring that we tap into the first park. Again, not a deal breaker, but certainly NOT guest focused.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We're in a bit of a murky transition time right now. I think once all the dust settles, things will make sense and feel right.
Sorry, but unless the reservation system completely goes away, it will never feel "right" to guests. We'll be local again in a few years, and used to just go whenever and whichever park we wanted to visit that day, and even if they make it "easier" to make reservations, it's still a completely unnecessary step that complicates it.

Disney Glimpses

Can we? Seems like this guy may not have any more reliable source than anyone in here.
I have no idea what his information is but from my perspective, as I've said many times, the idea of park hopping reservations is so on the opposite end of what has been discussed. They are looking to reduce friction and create flexibility on all fronts. I have heard some stuff, some crazy stuff even but never once park hopping reservations.

Jrb1979

I have no idea what his information is but from my perspective, as I've said many times, the idea of park hopping reservations is so on the opposite end of what has been discussed. They are looking to reduce friction and create flexibility on all fronts. I have heard some stuff, some crazy stuff even but never once park hopping reservations.
Instead of looking to reduce friction just do it already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom