report of new nighttime show at DAK

Buried20KLeague

First off, the rivers are disgusting! Why don't they add fountains... Secondly, the trees are SOOOO over-grown around the rivers, noone could see anything. Bad idea!

not-sure-if-serious-.jpg

NoChesterHester

I get the feeling this AK night show is mostly just a way to start selling the "Glow with the Show" Mickey ears in Florida, since AK is the only place at the moment with out a night time show

The bolded part is the important part. Disney knows the biggest way to boost the income for that park is to get people to stay longer and buy stuff.

Fox&Hound

I really hope this is true!!!!! I could see this being awesome and I'm intrigued by the lantern idea someone mentioned-would it be similar to lanterns like in "Tangled" because that would be intriguing.

I think a nighttime show, some new restaurant offerings, Avatar Land, a few mid-level rides, and of course, "Mystic Manor" would make AK very impressive in my eyes.

doctornick

I really hope this is true!!!!! I could see this being awesome and I'm intrigued by the lantern idea someone mentioned-would it be similar to lanterns like in "Tangled" because that would be intriguing.

I think a nighttime show, some new restaurant offerings, Avatar Land, a few mid-level rides, and of course, "Mystic Manor" would make AK very impressive in my eyes.

This is the key thing that doesn't seem to be considered. There's apparently plans for 2 rides for DAK (hopefully, the one does not get cut or reduced to a walk through), but I'd be happier knowing there are plans for a few C-ticket rides with the park as well. Just having some animal themed dark rides or well themed flat rides (A Bug's Land?) would make a big difference IMHO.

Fox&Hound

This is the key thing that doesn't seem to be considered. There's apparently plans for 2 rides for DAK (hopefully, the one does not get cut or reduced to a walk through), but I'd be happier knowing there are plans for a few C-ticket rides with the park as well. Just having some animal themed dark rides or well themed flat rides (A Bug's Land?) would make a big difference IMHO.

Yeah, I've written this other places, but I wish Disney realized that not everything has to be a mega-millions E-ticket. Are those impressive? Yes. Are they needed to get some buzz? Yes. But I think Disney would be amazed at how happy many guests would be if AK, EPCOT, and HS had just a few more mid-level rides for families to enjoy. The massive E-tickets and themed lands are fantastic but many of those rides have height restrictions and they cost so much that Disney could get so much bang for their buck by adding mid-level rides to many of the parks. I'm not suggesting they fill the park with lazy, uninspired rides like some random spinner, but rides like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in DL has great theming, it's fun for the whole family, and even connects to a popular franchise.

SirLink

Yeah, I've written this other places, but I wish Disney realized that not everything has to be a mega-millions E-ticket. Are those impressive? Yes. Are they needed to get some buzz? Yes. But I think Disney would be amazed at how happy many guests would be if AK, EPCOT, and HS had just a few more mid-level rides for families to enjoy. The massive E-tickets and themed lands are fantastic but many of those rides have height restrictions and they cost so much that Disney could get so much bang for their buck by adding mid-level rides to many of the parks. I'm not suggesting they fill the park with lazy, uninspired rides like some random spinner, but rides like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in DL has great theming, it's fun for the whole family, and even connects to a popular franchise.

The problem is the last E-ticket was EE and that has been it in the way of E-ticket whilst - each park needs E-Tickets, and need multiple draws for each park. Anyone can enjoy Haunted Mansion that is an E-ticket that anyone can ride.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Projections are a great COMPONENT of a show, but they shouldn't be a show in and of themselves (see Celebrate the Magic and Magic Memories and You). Both the castle and the tree are too complex of structures to project onto, and the light pollution at MK makes it less effective than it should be.

tl77

The bolded part is the important part. Disney knows the biggest way to boost the income for that park is to get people to stay longer and buy stuff.

wow! you said the exact same thing I said :)

seriously though, my point was that I would expect anything too elaborate for and AK night show, they'll most likely throw together any old thing just to "keep the park open later and sell stuff"... a.k.a. as you said the "important part"

NoChesterHester

wow! you said the exact same thing I said :)

seriously though, my point was that I would expect anything too elaborate for and AK night show, they'll most likely throw together any old thing just to "keep the park open later and sell stuff"... a.k.a. as you said the "important part"

I do excel at being Captain Obvious.

NoChesterHester

I agree completely, but the issue is we have seen an absolute drought of attraction development for the parks. We get really small offerings (Like Sorcerers) to help spread out the growing crowds, but no real new experiences. That means that when an attraction is finally added it comes with such unrealistic expectations it can't succeed. (see Mermaid in FLE)

ToTBellHop

The problem is the last E-ticket was EE and that has been it in the way of E-ticket whilst - each park needs E-Tickets, and need multiple draws for each park. Anyone can enjoy Haunted Mansion that is an E-ticket that anyone can ride.
Disney would like us to believe Seven Dwarfs is an E-Ticket. Perhaps because even they realize it's absurd that they haven't built one since 2006?

raymusiccity

Hmmm. I also took Tim_4's comments to mean a WoC show to be built in the CMM/Avatar area. But now that you mention it, one of the insiders -- I think @articos or @marni1971 -- mentioned that there was a show being developed and it was not going to be located in the Avatar area but somewhere else in the park. And this River of Light idea would fit in with that.

And, completely differently, I recall that sometime last year there was discussions around the point that two new entertainment offerings were being developed for WDW, as evidenced by one of the big entertainment developers moving to Florida to work on them. One is the Festival of Fantas parade, but it's possible that this River of Light show was the second one. Does anyone remember that discussion? I think it was in the summer or fall 2013 on here.

'Summer or fall 2013'....... Sounds like 'Back to the Future' has moved from Uni to AK !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom