Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Fair enough. Just know that Lee and Martin are generally very reliable posters with very established connections within the company. This close to announcement time, I would assume most of what they have heard and vetted to the point of sharing with us is pretty likely to happen.

Though, as usual in this industry, anything is subject to change - even once ground has been broken.

I get it. I don't have money placed on the outcome, so I'm perfectly fine if my "slim chance" results in the slim chance..lol.
It sounds odd to me, but I'm not Disney..

When two reliable insiders say it's happening, then you calling it 'slim chance' is irrelevant to the reality. You can think it crazy or hate it... that doesn't change the likelihood if the likelihood has already been established as likely.

It's an opinion.. my own opinion. As stated. Wasn't really meant to spark a huge reaction.

And FYI- someone quoted and agreed with me, and you "liked" that person's comment.. but then chose to attack mine. Lol. Let's just move on..

Castle Cake Apologist

What's sad is that there's nothing terribly ambitious about cloning a coaster from another park and redressing the Speedway. We've just become so conditioned to expect the bare minimum at WDW that we have trouble believing that modern TDO would ever sign off on something like this.

Hopefully the pendulum actually is finally swinging the other way.

21stamps

No, but the black/blue aesthetic in general would be a no-go, for heat and sun concerns. Plus, I imagine they're still going to want some degree of landscaping around it. Kids won't care, or even have a concept of what Tron is, but unless WDI is fine with a "scene 1" for their new Tron show building that looks absolutely godawful except at night, the cars will either not be in/on "the grid" or else be a radical departure from anything we currently associate with the Tron aesthetic- mostly whites and grays.

I

Will they release any concept art tomorrow? I'm very curious of how that would look as well.

lazyboy97o

What's sad is that there's nothing terribly ambitious about cloning a coaster from another park and redressing the Speedway. We've just become so conditioned to expect the bare minimum at WDW that we have trouble believing that modern TDO would ever sign off on something like this.

Hopefully the pendulum actually is finally swinging the other way.
Unfortunately any changes are not due to any sort of actual interest in themed entertainment. Capacity and guest satisfaction are under incredible strain and attractions are literally the last option that many still don’t understand.

Bairstow

"Yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion, man."
20170714_152807.jpg

21stamps

To clarify, were not talking about a more futuristic overlay on the Speedway.

I'm with you, bro.;)

Do you know of any concept art? Even if you can't share. They have to plan for daylight and bright sun during the day, obviously.. trying to picture the color scheme.

21stamps

I'm 100% certain that some exists.
Well...they do concept art on a Churro cart, so I am sure there is or will be concept art...

Sorry, maybe I worded those posts incorrectly? I didn't mean "will there be concept art"
I was asking if anyone has seen it?
Or know when we all can see it?
Or know of a currently planned color scheme or car design?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Do you know of any concept art? Even if you can't share. They have to plan for daylight and bright sun during the day, obviously.. trying to picture the color scheme.

Me too! I'm hoping for "Cosmic Clean" a color scheme that's Futuristic and Tech Modern (Apple) but grounded in the present (NASA) Slate Grey, Whites, Mirror Chrome, Glass, Accent of Glossy Blacks with pinstriped bits of Neon Blue or Dayglow Orange. Anything else would IMO clash with the rest of Tomorrowland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom