Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle Cake Apologist

This is what gets some off-site rumormongers in trouble. They try to guess what's happening or surmise what Disney should do and get it wrong so often. It's better to talk about what we heard will likely happen from reliable insiders and then, once the reality is established and we resign ourselves to it, then voice our opinion.

I may be reading your post incorrectly, but @Lee is considered to be a pretty reliable insider, much like Martin. He hasn't been too active for awhile, but he definitely knows what he's talking about.

The Mom

Premium Member
Cool! Just prepare yourself... the first one is VERY cheesy and dated by today's standards. Everyone I know (that didn't grow up with the original) prefers the second one...by a longshot.

When the first movie came out, our only computer was an original Mac with a dot matrix printer. Video games were still mostly in arcades. There was no internet to speak of.
So this was an extremely ground braking movie at the time.

21stamps

Cool! Just prepare yourself... the first one is VERY cheesy and dated by today's standards. Everyone I know (that didn't grow up with the original) prefers the second one...by a longshot.

I did see it, but vaguely remember the original.. the second one I haven't seen, didn't even know about until this site. Lol

clemmo

After reading through this I'm still very confused. Is this going on the expansion plot or speedway?

bclane

When the first movie came out, our only computer was an original Mac with a dot matrix printer. Video games were still mostly in arcades. There was no internet to speak of.
So this was an extremely ground breaking movie at the time.
It was and I have fond memories of watching it over and over again as a kid (and as an adult lol). I wish I could get my kids to love it too. At least they'll watch the OT Star Wars with me so I'm not a complete failure as a father. Lol!

Bairstow

If the Tron Racers are aiming for the same demographic that Speedway was shooting for... I don't think their main customers would care. :)

No, but the black/blue aesthetic in general would be a no-go, for heat and sun concerns. Plus, I imagine they're still going to want some degree of landscaping around it. Kids won't care, or even have a concept of what Tron is, but unless WDI is fine with a "scene 1" for their new Tron show building that looks absolutely godawful except at night, the cars will either not be in/on "the grid" or else be a radical departure from anything we currently associate with the Tron aesthetic- mostly whites and grays.

I

21stamps

I was replying to someone who isn't Lee.

Then now I'm confused. If people can't share a stated opinion on a forum, without fear of generating "false rumors" or being charged as a "runormonger" then what's the point? Lol. We could just read articles, and not discuss them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Then now I'm confused. If people can't share a stated opinion on a forum, without fear of generating "false rumors" or being charged as a "runormonger" then what's the point? Lol. We could just read articles, and not discuss them.

There's a difference between "This doesn't make sense, therefore Disney isn't going to do it."

And this: "This doesn't make sense to me. I hope Disney doesn't do it. And if they do, I'll be first in line to criticize them for it."

clemmo

I'm assuming that means both lol. imo if it's like what @Lee said and what others have come to a conclusion from his evidence then it seems very exciting. That part of TL will look amazing. One problem though... can we please fix the transition from FL to TL. It's really bad now and I assume it'll get better with an updated speedway but the sight lines could be off.

Castle Cake Apologist

I haven't changed my opinion, and I'm totally fine if I'm wrong about it.

Fair enough. Just know that Lee and Martin are generally very reliable posters with very established connections within the company. There's a reason that they have been posting on here for going on two decades and we still eat up their every word. They've proven themselves.

This close to announcement time, I would assume most of what they have heard and vetted to the point of sharing with us is pretty likely to happen.

Though, as usual in this industry, anything is subject to change - even once ground has been broken.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'm assuming that means both lol. imo if it's like what @Lee said and what others have come to a conclusion from his evidence then it seems very exciting. That part of TL will look amazing. One problem though... can we please fix the transition from FL to TL. It's really bad now and I assume it'll get better with an updated speedway but the sight lines could be off.

It would be nice. Now would be the time to address that. It seems that Disney is now much more aware of cohesiveness of lands (if maybe not so much for the front part of Epcot).

21stamps

There's a difference between "This doesn't make sense, therefore Disney isn't going to do it."

And this: "This doesn't make sense to me. I hope Disney doesn't do it. And if they do, I'll be first in line to criticize them for it."

Except for.. that's not what I wrote... here's my actual comments-
Now the Speedway and a coaster are both going to be Tron themed?
That's a big investment in a single movie.

I'm calling slim chance on that one.lol

Couldn't they just make the Speedway a futuristic theme without a movie attachment?
Or is that slim chance as well?

But anyway.. don't want to veer off, just had to clear that up. :)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Except for.. that's not what I wrote... here's my actual comments-
I'm calling slim chance on that one

When two reliable insiders say it's happening, then you calling it 'slim chance' is irrelevant to the reality. You can think it crazy or hate it... that doesn't change the likelihood if the likelihood has already been established as likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom