Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMcHulk

Princess Leia

It will no longer be the "Speedway." Thankfully that thematic disaster is being eliminated.

Edit: My source called it the "Tronway."

The end result will be something quite akin to...
View attachment 215489

It will be an near direct lift from Shanghai, with the outdoor section.
I'm screaming (in my head, because I'm at work and don't want to scare people)
:jawdrop:
THAT IS SO PRETTY!!!!!!

ARE WE REALLY LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THAT??????

P_Radden

It will no longer be the "Speedway." Thankfully that thematic disaster is being eliminated.

Edit: My source called it the "Tronway."

The end result will be something quite akin to...
View attachment 215489

It will be an near direct lift from Shanghai, with the outdoor section.
1sid19.jpg

This is sounding better and better every day. Can't wait for the announcement tomorrow!

Princess Leia

I was planning on only listening to the French concept album of Les Mis (happy Bastille Day, everyone), but just switched to this (Daft Punk is French, so I'm still covering the correct bases). I am pumped.
Careful. I think they mean design aesthetic-wise. Not chassis-wise.
I am a-ok with this. As long as the cars are electric (can't have gas cars in the grid), I'm good.

WHOOOOOO TRON!

KrzyKtty

If I had to hazard a guess, I would fully expect Disney to make them electric or some other cleaner energy source. It would go in line with the theming, be "greener", and remove the smell problem.

Gatorboy

If I had to hazard a guess, I would fully expect Disney to make them electric or some other cleaner energy source. It would go in line with the theming, be "greener", and remove the smell problem.
perhaps something similar to a Test Track ride system but family friendly(meaning a slot car type electric car). Bring back the Rocket Rods name

Princess Leia

Cool thanks! I think this thread has actually inspired me to watch both of them at some point. At least the first one for our next pizza and movie night.
Cool! Just prepare yourself... the first one is VERY cheesy and dated by today's standards. Everyone I know (that didn't grow up with the original) prefers the second one...by a longshot.
I finally watched the movies 3 years ago, and if you feel like marveling at the advances over computer generated imaging over the past 30 years, look no further than Tron. Since your son is younger, it might be important to mention that when Tron came out, it had the best and latest effects. Actually, Disney tried to get it nominated for special effects at the Academy Awards, but members of the Academy thought the CGI was cheating.

Tron: Legacy has some of the best de-aging of an actor that I've ever seen (tied with Kurt Russell in GotG 2 and Michael Douglas in Ant-Man)

Tron trailer (looks like a fanmade trailer, but it's got a much better resolution than the original trailer)

Tron: Legacy trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom