Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brb1006

One of my WDW friends (who sadly while great at her job, works on the Great Movie Ride) is hearing that it's a replacement, not an addition. I'm assuming that she's hearing things through the grapevine incorrectly, but I don't exactly want to call her out on it on FB...

Seriously, D23, get here soon.
5 more days

articos

I think it's more the personality of the person posting.

You have guys like @marni1971 who are forthcoming about almost anything- blue sky, just tossed around, etc- and lays it all out there.
Then you have guys like @WDW1974 who is also constantly throwing out truths with a massive edge and opinion (which I used to dislike but now find entertaining- it's great).
Then you have guys like @whylightbulb who speaks very little, but when they do- you better listen- because his track record is impeccable. Others could be like him- only saying concrete things, but they choose to toss in loose rumors as well.

@Lee @articos and @Magic Feather are the other 3.
Outside of them, everyone else just regurgitates what others say.
Guys like Jim Hill I think are more like Martin in that he gives a lot of information- some that might even be "loose rumors" floating around wdw with a dose of spirit. To think he doesn't have sources and hear things is naive at best. He just likes to daydream and toss out opinions as well. The key difference is he gets paid. Our dear Martin does it simply because he's awesome.

Regardless, I trust our 6 guys more ;) we have a badass group. Love the info from all of them.
:)

troy.

That is a very big building. Especially considering the ride portion only lasts 60 seconds.

mk tron.png

Sped2424

I think it's more the personality of the person posting.

You have guys like @marni1971 who are forthcoming about almost anything- blue sky, just tossed around, etc- and lays it all out there.
Then you have guys like @WDW1974 who is also constantly throwing out truths with a massive edge and opinion (which I used to dislike but now find entertaining- it's great).
Then you have guys like @whylightbulb who speaks very little, but when they do- you better listen- because his track record is impeccable. Others could be like him- only saying concrete things, but they choose to toss in loose rumors as well.

@Lee @articos and @Magic Feather are the other 3.
Outside of them, everyone else just regurgitates what others say.
Guys like Jim Hill I think are more like Martin in that he gives a lot of information- some that might even be "loose rumors" floating around wdw with a dose of spirit. To think he doesn't have sources and hear things is naive at best. He just likes to daydream and toss out opinions as well. The key difference is he gets paid. Our dear Martin does it simply because he's awesome.

Regardless, I trust our 6 guys more ;) we have a badass group. Love the info from all of them.
I agree with all of this! I will say though I feel that @marni1971 sits on info more than hill does so that when Marni states it on here the idea is far more concrete than a passing thought at imagineering! Hill has a trouble with just stating whatever is the talk of the day I feel which leads many to think he has no leads.

mm121

That is a very big building. Especially considering the ride portion only lasts 60 seconds.

View attachment 214977

unfortunately i doubt they'd put it that close to the road, opening up that much park space

though this position would be great as it would allow for a second attraction

would be nice to remove one thing and replace it with two, but unfortunately it seem disney typically keeps things one to one or removes 2 and only adds 1

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I agree with all of this! I will say though I feel that @marni1971 sits on info more than hill does so that when Marni states it on here the idea is far more concrete than a passing thought at imagineering! Hill has a trouble with just stating whatever is the talk of the day I feel which leads many to think he has no leads.
AGREED. I have thought this about Hill for a while, he reports on everything and anything, sometimes it works out other times it is just water cooler talk. Marni, 74, lightbulb, Lee, Wild Cat, ect. we have here tend to hold up on their info until it is more likely. Not saying it always works out but it has given them a much better track record than Hill IMO.

Goob

I just hope that Disney has thought long and hard about this TRON decision. I'm getting the vibe that this will turn into another RnRRC in about 5 years. It's short and kinda lazy. The novelty will wear off and people will be wishing it was something else. I know you could say that about any attraction they build, but this is the MK. This is going to be an iconic build, something that will be here here for decades. Until I see what they do with the entirety of Tomorrowland, color me cautiously pessimistic. I really hate to feel this way, but I really hope Disney knows what they are doing. But this decision as it stands right now just doesn't sit well with me. Let's hope and pray it all works out.

doctornick

Ever been to Universal?

Dueling dragons doesn't get much of a crowd and they run you through metal detectors because shoes, change, phones and all sorts of things were flying out of peoples pockets hitting people on the other coaster. The coasters now run apart from each other because of this problem.

Blue is the best track BTW.
Technically TRON would be better as a "racing" coaster than a "dueling" one, but Dragon Challenge has more issues due to the inverted and near miss nature of the coasters.

Yes, to be clear, I was thinking more of a Matterhorn style "two different tracks racing" rather than a Dueling Dragons "you're going to crash against each other" idea. I would think that tracks that kinda race would work for Tron.

I mean, the main conceit of the light cycles is that they are used in competition so I think having two different colors competing actually fits better with the source material.

Also, two tracks should up capacity.

drizgirl

I just hope that Disney has thought long and hard about this TRON decision. I'm getting the vibe that this will turn into another RnRRC in about 5 years. It's short and kinda lazy.
Isn't that standard operating procedure with attractions lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom