Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

So, my guess based on the "hints" that @marni1971 has given us is that the Speedway will be significantly changed -- perhaps even the footprint altered quite a bit -- and Tron would take over some of the space, perhaps even hanging over some of the Speedway track.

I hope that whatever is done with the Speedway makes it far more visually appealing (and electric cars would be nice as well -- I hear Hong Kong might have some spare ones they aren't using).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I just re-watched video of the TRON Coaster...it is REALLY short, 1 minute 30 seconds. I feel like once it gets to the best part it ends....should be about 30 seconds longer.

I also wish it had you enter Flynn's Arcade, but that wouldn't go along with the Tomorrowland exterior theme I guess

RSoxNo1

People are having some difficulty with this because the normal go to people on here said no way when Corless first said it, and then when Jim Hill said it was contingent on Tron 3, they doubled down on "no way". Theres a lot of good sources out there, but wading through the nonsense is tough to do. I think quite a few insider reputations are going to be made or lost by announcements next week.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Ever been to Universal?

Dueling dragons doesn't get much of a crowd and they run you through metal detectors because shoes, change, phones and all sorts of things were flying out of peoples pockets hitting people on the other coaster. The coasters now run apart from each other because of this problem.

Blue is the best track BTW.

Technically TRON would be better as a "racing" coaster than a "dueling" one, but Dragon Challenge has more issues due to the inverted and near miss nature of the coasters.

jaxonp

So just food for thought here.. but... are we going to see that each park is giving a gift to WDW for its 50th anniversary?

MK gets Tron from Shanghai
EPCOT gets Rat from Paris
Studios gets New Fantasmic from Disneyland
AK gets ? from ?

Tokyo and HK need to give us the goodies...

Pooh's Huney Hunt to replace Pooh in MK and Mystic Manor to AK thank you very much!

AndrewsJ

Ever been to Universal?

Dueling dragons doesn't get much of a crowd and they run you through metal detectors because shoes, change, phones and all sorts of things were flying out of peoples pockets hitting people on the other coaster. The coasters now run apart from each other because of this problem.

Blue is the best track BTW.
Blue is best!

AndrewsJ

So just food for thought here.. but... are we going to see that each park is giving a gift to WDW for its 50th anniversary?

AK gets ? from ?

Pooh's Huney Hunt to replace Pooh in MK and Mystic Manor to AK thank you very much!
Mystic Manor in AK would be a dream come true!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Tron in WDW will have the outdoor portion if it's built.

And this bothers me because you know what I see in the outside photos of tron from Shanghai? Bare coaster supports. You know what I see in toy story land? You gussed it bare coaster supports. If I want to see coaster track and supports I will go to six flags. Disney has always gone that extra step spent the extra cash to remove your eye from those supports and make them and you belive they blend in, look at splash, thunder, Everest. Even RnRC and space hides their supports in their respected show buildings. (No i did not forget about brainstormed or countdown... barnstormer gets a pass because I have literally never seen it in person. Been to WDW 5 times and can never remember seeing what it looks like in person. And I just refuse to admit that countdown exists in the hope that one day it wont)

Finally I'm not a huge fan of the POVs I have watched regarding the Shanghai version. Like it just seems to be like any other coaster but with LED s plastered everywhere. And this is coming from someone who does enjoy roller coasters and goes our of their way to try different ones at different parks.

I'm not against a new tron coaster don't get me wrong, but maybe I am missing something?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People are having some difficulty with this because the normal go to people on here said no way when Corless first said it, and then when Jim Hill said it was contingent on Tron 3, they doubled down on "no way". Theres a lot of good sources out there, but wading through the nonsense is tough to do. I think quite a few insider reputations are going to be made or lost by announcements next week.

Some of those other sites were also peddling GotG to take over Mission Space. And Tron to go to UoE. That's not happening. When one says a whole lot of different stuff then one is bound to get it right... as long as no one remembers all the things one got wrong.

Also, @marni1971 was on the side of "no Tron at all" but changed months ago to "Tron is now possible, just not the leading contender."

This is not a case of 'they' got it right and 'we' got it wrong. It's more complicated than that.

bclane

Blue is best!
I can never decide which one I like best. I ride Fire and it's my favorite. Then I ride Ice and it's my favorite. Lol! I love them both. I'm sad they might be closing it but praise the maker we are getting Tron at MK!!! I just caught up with this thread and I have been smiling ear to ear for like 20 pages of reading this thread! Thank you Marni and everyone else for really lifting my spirits today. I am so excited for this weekend and the future of the parks!

andysol

Some of those other sites were also peddling GotG to take over Mission Space. And Tron to go to UoE. That's not happening. When one says a whole lot of different stuff then one is bound to get it right... as long as no one remembers all the things one got wrong.

Also, @marni1971 was on the side of "no Tron at all" but changed months ago to "Tron is now possible, just not the leading contender."

This is not a case of 'they' got it right and 'we' got it wrong. It's more complicated than that.

I think it's more the personality of the person posting.

You have guys like @marni1971 who are forthcoming about almost anything- blue sky, just tossed around, etc- and lays it all out there.
Then you have guys like @WDW1974 who is also constantly throwing out truths with a massive edge and opinion (which I used to dislike but now find entertaining- it's great).
Then you have guys like @whylightbulb who speaks very little, but when they do- you better listen- because his track record is impeccable. Others could be like him- only saying concrete things, but they choose to toss in loose rumors as well.

@Lee @articos and @Magic Feather are the other 3.
Outside of them, everyone else just regurgitates what others say.
Guys like Jim Hill I think are more like Martin in that he gives a lot of information- some that might even be "loose rumors" floating around wdw with a dose of spirit. To think he doesn't have sources and hear things is naive at best. He just likes to daydream and toss out opinions as well. The key difference is he gets paid. Our dear Martin does it simply because he's awesome.

Regardless, I trust our 6 guys more ;) we have a badass group. Love the info from all of them.

jaxonp

AK gets ? from ?

Wow, I've never replied to my own self.. how fun.

Umm HK or Disneyland give MK, Paint the Night.

BrianLo

Well a blood glucose of 220 would be considered very high hyperglycemia. One of the symptoms of hyperglycemia is polyphagia which is basically you are hungry all the time..well..add up those clues and I'm guessing a sugar rush type ride.

If I guessed right it will be like figuring out a Doc Martin disease of the week episode.

Except Martin is British and glucose is measured in the metric system (mmol/L). Too much nerdiness? Albeit I lol'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom